Ford Fusion Energi Forum

My Ford Mobile App for Windows 8 phone

melsee

I have communicated with a software engineer that works on MyFord Mobile and the website.  It is not currently a part of the roadmap to develop a Windows Phone 8 app.  It is also not a part of the roadmap to develop a mobile version of the website to make it easier to work with on small screens (w/o an app).

Not much love for Windows Phone 8.

Also, the Youtube videos tend to reflect information only available in the full electric version of the website/app despite being used in the PHEV titled videos.  I questioned this to him and he understood the confusion and would convey that upward.  He did remark that they are working to bring the "My Driving" functionality to the PHEV version of the website/app.  I am at least looking forward to that.

Though MS did start with Ford on the Sync system, Ford eventually moved development away from MS to another team.  That resulted in many of the complaints about the system.  I believe it has since been moved back to MS but it would be Ford's responsibility/decision to make the WP8 app and not MS.  Yes, you would think MS would try to motivate Ford to get one done, but they're not going to take it upon themselves to do it.  Not without enough consumer outcry for it being missing.

So, there's the two of us...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...