Ford Fusion Energi Forum

I've made a huge mistake

jposs

I ordered my car back in February.  We agreed on a price of $300 above invoice.  I was happy with that.  The salesman had printed out the options I wanted, we agreed to the price, signed it, but I had forgotten to get a copy.  We made a few changes after the fact to the order (within a few days) and it was all confirmed in writing over email.  The order was made.  I had requested 3 or 4 times (heck maybe 5) to get a copy of the written order, but never did.

I got my VIN a few days before build date.  I was excited, looked up my window sticker and awaited the car.  It came in on Memorial Day but I wasn't able to pick it up until today.  Unfortunately I somehow missed the fact that on the window sticker they had left out the Driver Assist package.  As a matter of fact I somehow managed to miss that fact until we were driving it home.  65 miles away.  lol

So I frantically pull out the window sticker that had been placed in the glove box before we had seen the car and sure enough there was no Driver Assist package listed.  I put partial blame on myself for not noticing it when the window sticker first came online.  Of course the only reason I even knew I could do that was because of this board, not the dealer.  I call my salesman, but he had already gone home for the day.  They didn't include the original agreement we had made with the options we had chosen when I initially ordered the car in all our paperwork, but it was certainly there before I signed anything because I looked at it.

My salesman has also remembered us putting on Driver Assist, as the only option we had left off was the Park Assist.

So, tomorrow I guess we will figure out what the hell we will do.  I am hoping maybe they can find one just like the one that was supposed to have been ordered by the dealership.  Failing that I know they have one in stock that is a different color (black) but has every option we wanted, with Park Assist also.  I was going to buy that car but they wouldn't sell it for $300 over invoice as it was ordered as a stock model.  I am hoping they will do the decent thing and sell us that car at the $300 over invoice we had agreed to on the car they ordered incorrectly.

It was really bittersweet the last 50 miles trying to enjoy the car but knowing it wasn't what we had ordered. It's beautiful and drives so nicely and we really love all the features and its so fun finding new little things, just in the short time we had it.

Like I said, I partially blame myself for not catching it earlier, but even if I had, the first opportunity I had to catch it was after the window sticker was posted, and then it was too late to change it anyway.  We will soon see how the dealership steps up!  Other than that significant but relatively simple mistake I have to say the dealership was very easy to work with, especially my salesman.  Thanks again for the reference Shaggy.

Edited by jposs

Looks like everything is going to work out a ok.  They are going to VIN swap the car we ordered for the black loaded car which makes the deal just a little bit sweeter.

We will end up with park assist which we hadn't ordered but I wanted (+795) and the color I wanted (wife wanted Ruby Red -395).

So virtually we are getting the car for $100 under invoice, whereas we had agreed to $300 over so I can't complain too much.  It means another trip to Austin, but the universe has conspired to get me the exact car I wanted and my wife is agreeing to it.  I would like to think of this as some kind of strange positive karma.

Keep in mind this will be my wife's car so I tried to let her have what she wanted, but the Universe knew I was right all along.

Looks like everything is going to work out a ok.  They are going to VIN swap the car we ordered for the black loaded car which makes the deal just a little bit sweeter.

We will end up with park assist which we hadn't ordered but I wanted (+795) and the color I wanted (wife wanted Ruby Red -395).

I didn't think we wanted park assist for my wife's Energi since she never parallel parks, but I believe that the front sensors that beep as you approach an object at slow speed (like the reverse sensors) is part of the park assist, so I'm glad we got it after all.

I'm sorry for your pain. Did I forget to mention I peed in the black one when I was looking it over Tuesday... :baby:

Bruce really had to earn his money on us. I'm up next week.

The front sensors are for cross traffic alert and the park assist.

I notice the lane keep cameras when seeing the car from the front as it blocks the rear view mirror.

I will still bet you $1 that you show off the park assist more times than you actually USE it to park. :-D

Edited by shaggy314

I'm sorry for your pain. Did I forget to mention I peed in the black one when I was looking it over Tuesday... :baby:

Bruce really had to earn his money on us. I'm up next week.

The front sensors are for cross traffic alert and the park assist.

I notice the lane keep cameras when seeing the car from the front as it blocks the rear view mirror.

I will still bet you $1 that you show off the park assist more times than you actually USE it to park. :-D

It's good to know it had a little pre wash before I got it. lol

And I am not going to take that bet, I am guessing you're probably right!

If I have time to pick up a couple of bottles of wine I will, they did the right thing.

Leif Johnson Ford in Austin by the way.  They deserve your business if you're in the area.