Ford Fusion Energi Forum

The Great Pizza Horror

Rhyalus

Hi Guys,

2nd trip with my Energi... to pick up pizza for the family.  I know, the smell, etc...  :-)

But here is the horror - the trunk is too small to fit a pizza box.  I knew it was small, but geez!

There is that shelf on top of the battery,  but I have not installed the cargo net, yet.  Does this extend to the top of the trunk?

R

Solution: Eat half the pizza before getting home, fold the box, and then claim you have no idea what happened to it.

The battery comes very close to the top of the trunk, but there's basically enough room to fit a board from the back of the trunk to the interior of the vehicle if you fold the back seats down.  The other solution for transporting this big pizza IS to fold your back seats down if you needed a larger, flat space.

Although I haven't transported a pizza in the trunk, I've put eggs, computer bags, iPads and even a bouquet of Mother's Day flowers without any problems. Of course, my tendency when I drive the Energi is not to drive aggressively anyway, but there hasn't ever been a concern of shifting items in the trunk.

The net mounts from the bottom of the trunk floor to about ten inches up...we're finding it to be very handy.

I like Russael's idea though ;-)