Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Got a Lease Price - Good Deal?

mets67

After having a few Prius' I think I'm ready for a change. Need to be able to get in HOV lane, so the regular Fusion Hybrid will not do as it does not meet NY emission standards. Took a look at the Fusion Fusion Energi Titanium with Moonroof, Nav, some other safety features (Driver Assist Pkg, etc) and MSRP comes to about $43,600. Here's the deal that was offered, and this includes paying my last 2 payments on Prius (not rolled into lease):

36 mo/12K miles a year; sign and drive (only 1st mo payment) - $430/mo. Is this a good deal?

After finally driving off with my NRG Ti with all of the options(the hi tech of this car is full of awesomeness), my deal is thus:

Invoice -$3750 (fed tax rebate).  My $750 coupon expired March 31st, so I was about a week late for that.    

But I received the price(invoice + any qualifying Ford incentives) thru the Costco car program.   No haggle.    

I did a trade in which netted me about 1k less than I thought I could sell on ebay or cars.com.  Total $4500 down, and the remainder cut to me in a check.  

I'm applying now for the CA state tax rebate of $1500, as well as the car pool lane access sticker.

The lane assist and the adaptive cruise are killer.  The seat construction is extremely comfortable.  

Though I have some awkward connectivity issues with my iPhone 5, this is one nice beast of a car.

I'm a happy camper.

After finally driving off with my NRG Ti with all of the options(the hi tech of this car is full of awesomeness), my deal is thus:

Invoice -$3750 (fed tax rebate).  ...

DelS, are you saying that your price out the door was dealer invoice, flat? That's the best deal I have heard so far. I paid dealer invoice plus $105 and thought I had gotten the best deal possible. Wow!

Well, that's a good point. I paid $105 over dealer invoice under X-Plan, but Ford's document fee was only $80. But, I had to join Mustang Club to get X-Plan, and that was $50. So I paid $235 over invoice, including ALL fees except those to DMV, which was just over $400.

X-Plan can't help you save money on DMV fees, but it seems like a net win if Costco pricing can include $700 in fees.

It's pretty easy to get X-Plan. There are detailed instructions on another thread on this forum.

• 3 weeks later...

We should be more precise and careful when quoting the price:

Real Car Price = Supposed car price + destination charge + documentation fees + any other fees not paid to the government

Dealer fees and destination charges count as part of the price. Anything not paid to a public offical or government counts.

Do not include the fed tax rebate, any state rebates, or Ford rebates into the price.

Mention if you have a trade-in. Dealerships make a lot of money on trade-ins.

Dealers are good at shell games to make you think you got below dealer's invoice when you really got ripped off way worse than someone who bought with X-plan.