Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Value Charge trouble?

bibolton

Still have a problem with "value charge" not working. I know...Battery must be > 50 degrees F and there must be more than 10% life left in the battery for value charge to work, but it doesn't. Defualt profile is set correctly and I have changed it a few times to see if that made a difference but, no. Anyone else have this trouble or am I missing something?

yes, I have the same problem. My specifics are Go Time set for 6:30 without climate option. Value times set to default 12AM-6AM. When I set this up, everything looked good on my app because the status "waiting to charge" and even showed a scheduled charge time schedule that should have completed charging by 5:20AM.

I am currently using the 120V charger so that may have something to do with it since 6 hours of value time may not be enough for a full charge. I will have my L2 system installed in a couple weeks so will try again.

Are you also on 120V charge?

Edited by lokicat

Yes, I am using my 120v charger. The time for a full charge for me has never taken a full 7 hrs except for the first charge when my battery was new. I normally have 3 or 4 miles left when I plug in at the end of my day. I have never set a "Go Time" because it says it does not have anything to do with the charge profile, but maybe I will try it. I have never seen a "waiting to charge" notice.

I've tried the value charge once and it worked as expected for me.  Also using the 120v charger.  I think I had enabled it via the myfordmobile.com website.  When I got home and plugged in it did not charge immediately.  I checked it after midnight and it had started.

Car is garaged so I'm certain it was above the 50 degree mark.  I do happen to have Go Times set but it is not my impression that those would have any impact on the Value Charge.  After that one test I reverted back to anytime charging as I do not see a price benefit for charging off peak.

Got home today and got some really off the wall charge schedule times like completing the charge by 12:30PM tomorrow even though I have a go time set to 6:30. I think my car was plugged in when I initially set the value charge from the website. I disconnected the charger, reset all my value charge settings to default on the website but didn't change my go times. Waited 15 minutes then plugged the car in. Waited another 15 minutes and logged in and now it shows waiting to charge and a schedule of 4:32 AM for a full charge - this sounds right as I have 6 miles of charge left. Will see in the morning.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried everything and think I might know what the problem is. I am using 120V and the estimated time to charge calculations on the website are all screwed up. I even put everything back to on-demand charge and the estimated charge to full times are 12-16 hours out. Good news is that the charge completes in 6-7 hours even though the website continues to show screwy estimated complete times. The only thing the website shows correctly is the current charge amount. Even when it shows 15 miles, the estimated charge to full (5 miles) is 10:25PM and I am checking at 11:00AM.

Something is definitely out of whack with the website and/or sync with the car. No big deal, gotta expect a few quirky things for a first year model with so much high tech. I've been blown away at how well my phone integrates with the Sync system.

My "value charge" is now working. User lokicat gave me the idea to set a go time even though it says it has nothing to do with charging. Well, after setting one this morning, the value charge began to work. I have deleted the go time entry and everything is still fine. I think there must be a programing bug in Sync.

Problem solved:

My car's clock was not correct. It was set for AM instead of PM. Funny thing is that I used GPS time setup. I did again just to see what would happen and it got the PM correct, but was back one hour. I just manually set the correct time in the car and now everything is good.

Huh, strange that it was that. The car must receive the time signal but not know how to change am/pm, requiring a person to do so? There are other strange things with the GPS clock function as well. I noticed a one hour accident the other day. It was quickly corrected, but still probably would have effected value-charge or go-time had I had one set. It was set one hour back when we got in and, since we were on a time-crunch, my wife and I both noticed it just before backing out of the garage (turning on the backup camera and losing the time display) but it was fixed when I shifted to drive.

One more tip - If you used the 120V charger the first time you connected to the website or app, your settings for value charge will stay at 120V. When I installed my Level 2 charger, I had to edit my value charge profile and switched it to 240V. I was wondering why it was taking 3 hours to charge 50%.

Not the most bullet proof or intuitive software but does what it's suppose to once you figure it out. Even Leviton's installation video was wrong so nobody's perfect I suppose.