Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Two questions for existing owners

drwhipps

Hi folks

Two questions for existing owners ....

Not sure if its me or a problem with the car ...

Does your trunk stay open?  Mine will not stay "up" - always closing down - annoying to say the least.

Does anyone else have difficulties with the "one-touch" up/down on the power windows?? It seems like its not very consistent - works sometimes and others not al all. I read the owners manual but do not seem to have mastered the button touch for this one. (I never had a problem with my previous Fusion.)

Not sure if I need to take a trip back to the dealer or not.

Thanks

Dave

1) When I pop my trunk it will spring up to about 1/3 of the way open, and then when I raise it up the rest of the way it will stay up there until I push it back down.

2) The one-touch windows seems to be a common thing, give this a try: 

- Hold button to put window all the way DOWN and continue to hold button for 3 seconds after window is all the way down

- Hold button to put window all the way UP and continue to hold button for 3 seconds after window is all the way up

- Hold button to put window all the way DOWN and continue to hold button for 3 seconds after window is all the way down

This should reset the auto sensors to know how far all the way up/down is, and then the one-touch up or down should work again.  I had this same issue and it worked for me (based on seeing this noted in another thread post), so give it a try.

Thanks Jeff-

2) The one-touch windows seems to be a common thing, give this a try: 

- Hold button to put window all the way UP and continue to hold button for 3 seconds after window is all the way up

This should reset the auto sensors to know how far all the way up/down is, and then the one-touch up or down should work again.  I had this same issue and it worked for me (based on seeing this noted in another thread post), so give it a try.

I had this same problem several weeks ago, and this fixed it.

To verify, close all of your windows and exit your Fusion. Lock the car with your remote key fob, then hold down the unlock button until the windows all open...verify that they are all down. Then, depress the lock button on your remote key fob until all of the windows completely close. Again, verify that they are all up.

If you have one window that is not going up or down, then reset it with by using the steps listed above.

An update

Took the car to the dealer yesterday regarding the trunk issue. The service folks agreed that there was a problem. They told me that they contacted Ford Engineering and were advised this seems to be an issue and is caused by the additional weight from the rear spoiler. The dealer was able to make a minor adjustment that appears to help somewhat - but the trunk is still too sensitive.

The dealer advised they would be in touch when/if Ford Engineering came back with a more permanent solution.

An update

Took the car to the dealer yesterday regarding the trunk issue. The service folks agreed that there was a problem. They told me that they contacted Ford Engineering and were advised this seems to be an issue and is caused by the additional weight from the rear spoiler. The dealer was able to make a minor adjustment that appears to help somewhat - but the trunk is still too sensitive.

The dealer advised they would be in touch when/if Ford Engineering came back with a more permanent solution.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I know on my previous car that if a spoiler was added that they also had to replace the trunk springs to account for the additional weight. Sounds like someone missed a step!

Yes, my trunk has bonked me on the head a few times while I was getting things in/out like others say. My front passenger window didn't do the one-touch up/down and I took it to the dealer for a couple of things. It worked for him, of course, but I found that it hadn't been "programmed" as mentioned above. It works fine now without a hitch. I am taking it in next week so they can look into the remote start. They couldn't get it to work either. I am wondering if it is another programming issue, but I didn't see info on it when I searched.

The remote starter is a little different in that you have to push the "lock" button, then the "X2" button twice. The green LED light on the key fob should flash, then turn on solid once the car starts. Keep in mind that it won't crank over and run like other cars. Since it is electric, it will just click, and the lights will turn on with perhaps a blower sound for your climate control systems.

Let me know if that does or doesn't work.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with mine. My driveway is on an incline and the trunk opens about 4" - very annoying. I mentioned it to the dealer and they recommended a clip from an auto parts store. I said for $44k they need to do better on the trunk.

Gas cylinder balances would have been a more eloquent solution... The entire trunk system is a major design weak point IMO. It doesn't seem like they spent a lot of time validating the design.

• 2 months later...

Hi folks

Two questions for existing owners ....

Not sure if its me or a problem with the car ...

Does your trunk stay open?  Mine will not stay "up" - always closing down - annoying to say the least.

Does anyone else have difficulties with the "one-touch" up/down on the power windows?? It seems like its not very consistent - works sometimes and others not al all. I read the owners manual but do not seem to have mastered the button touch for this one. (I never had a problem with my previous Fusion.)

Not sure if I need to take a trip back to the dealer or not.

Thanks

Dave

I have seen both issues with my 2013 Fusion Energi.

1. The opening assist spring for the trunk is very weak. When I use the key fob the trunk opens less than one inch. On inclines the trunk lid won't stay in the fully open position.

2. The express up/down feature of the driver's window is temperamental. The other 3 windows seem to work properly.

I hadn't noticed an issue with my trunk staying open but I have not parked on an incline yet.  I took my car in yesterday and I mentioned the TSB for vehicles with a spoiler produced on or before 5/2/13 (as murphy mentioned) and the service guy said he had to order parts.  When they arrive he will let me know so I'll have to take my car back in.  So if your Energi fits the criteria definitely call your dealer.

I seem to have to reset the one touch up/down for either the driver or passenger front window on occasion.  I do not open the windows often so I don't know if using them daily would help alleviate the problem.  It's annoying to say the least.

TSB 13-5-18

has been issued to install stronger trunk torison bars on cars built before 5/2/13 that have a rear deck spoiler.

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/942-tsb-for-sagging-trunk-when-spoiler-is-present/?p=4533

Then again if you are on a slight uphill, the truck will hit you too... ;-) found that out this weekend. ow.

• 2 weeks later...