Ford Fusion Energi Forum

You Bought What?

JATR4

I have wanted an all-electric vehicle for some time but didn't feel I could afford it.  On Saturday 6 February, my Daughter and I traded for a Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric SUV.

I sold my 2013 Energi in November to Carvana for $12,062.  That left me with a Volvo XC60 T8 plug-in hybrid.  The Recharge is a brand new vehicle for Volvo and dealers in North Carolina got only one of these vehicles.  Took a test drive and was hooked.  Ended up trading the Volvo XC60 for the Volvo Recharge.  Already my favorite vehicle of all time!

MSRP:   $59,630 with all options.  78kwh battery (402hp) with 200 mile range.  0-60 in 4.7 seconds.  This vehicle is very fast.  Has one-pedal drive where you do not need to use the brakes to stop.  Let up on the accelerator and the vehicle brakes using "super" regeneration.  No ignition switch.  The driver's side front seat has a sensor and if the key fob is present and someone is sitting in the driver's seat vehicle is ready to drive.  Just put your foot on the brake and select the gear.

The vehicle has a low center of gravity since the battery runs the length of the underside of the vehicle.  Can select the percentage of the battery that will be charged and the amp rate of the charge.  Suggested range is between 20% and 90%.

One great feature is the navigation system is Google based along with Google Assistant .  She understands every word I say and entering destinations takes only a few seconds.