Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Fusion Order Progress Spreadsheet

malibu3105

She's in the garage!  :happy feet:

My Bordeaux Red FFH NRG TI is finally here after a week in Chicago and four days in the lot in Jessup, MD awaiting truck transport to the dealer.  I thought I was paying for transport, not parking.

This is one hell of a car.  I actually turned off the radio so I could hear the silence on the way home on EV. This was the first NRG my sales guy has sold and I was able to show him a thing or two from stuff I learned here. I also have to thank the forum for cluing me in to the $750 private cash and Flood Ford ESP.  The dealership quoted me $3,995 for a $1,100 policy with Flood. So you guys have saved me a chunk of money.

Malibu:  You can close out my row on your spreadsheet.  DR319147 was delivered on May 31, 2013, two days later than the original ETA and 78 days from date of order.  That looks to be about average, or maybe a little better than average, but it was an excruciating wait nonetheless.  Thanks for keeping the tracking spreadsheet and thanks again to the forum for all the good information while I was waiting. 

Too dark to take pictures tonight, but I'll post them ASAP.

Edited by http

Opps, I wasn't supposed to register. Dang...

Small update:

Inside the red zone. @9:10 AM this morning, the car arrived in Kirby, TX. Now just to get Union Pacific to unload and Waggoners to truck her to LJF in Austin.

I found the unloading dock on google maps. It cool at a farther away view you see the track and a lot full of cars. You zoom to the lowest resolution and the lot goes empty. ETA is still 11 days away. Ugh.

Hopefully she doesn't sit in the sun for days.

Also, you are ever in far east Austin, there is a new charging station up in my house, if you need one. ;-)

Opps, I wasn't supposed to register. Dang...

Small update:

Inside the red zone. @9:10 AM this morning, the car arrived in Kirby, TX. Now just to get Union Pacific to unload and Waggoners to truck her to LJF in Austin.

I found the unloading dock on google maps. It cool at a farther away view you see the track and a lot full of cars. You zoom to the lowest resolution and the lot goes empty. ETA is still 11 days away. Ugh.

Hopefully she doesn't sit in the sun for days.

Also, you are ever in far east Austin, there is a new charging station up in my house, if you need one. ;-)

I've hijacked your car.  You can have it for 25 free battery charges at your house.

Also I have returned my original ordered car which arrived May 27th and picked up the black one that is fully loaded,  3FA6P0SU4DR260483. 

Edited by jposs

Yours was in the back all setup. It only takes 1-2 hours for them to get it ready, but make sure you give it the fine tooth comb before signing. As for the tank of gas and full battery charge. You have a long drive home. Mine left Tucson this morning, due in San Antonio Friday around noon. If you know the rail yard go look for my blue baby in car# ETTX715676. I'm going to ask for a ride to the dealership to pick it up and bet $1 they do it in their/my new car...

My 'Things to do on car delivery' list:

- Window sticker, manuals in glove box

- NO dealer branding on car

- Battery in car matches requirements in manual (BXT-99R-390)

- all door seals in place

- check all doors/truck/hood for alignment and overspray issues.

- Proper shift knob (leather)

- Headliner inspection

- rattles in cup holder/glove box/doors

- Get windows tinted.

- alignment of front pillars and dash/door

- cover behind rear view mirror

- ambient lighting in the cup holders (as no longer shown ANYWHERE), be disappointed in the change

- verify presence of charge cord and stupid tire pump

Ok, good list, but .....  What is the list when you receive the car?

Like, Register with MySync, Pair with Phone, Add waypoints to NAV, etc.  Just wondering since those who have receive their cars had had to do some things I am sure, I am going through the over 400 page manual, much in there about programing door locks etc.

The pictures of my new Energi are posted in the gallery.  I spent most of the weekend configuring all the settings and experimenting with the adaptive cruise control, cross traffic detection, and lane keeping.  We went out to lunch today at a restaurant with a charger, just to check that out.

I'm a registered nerd and still amazed at the technology in this car.  I noticed that there are many features not documented in the Owner's Manuals.  Took me some time to figure out how to select an HD subchannel and hook up MyFordMobile.  I still have to get around to testing the car's WiFi hotspot. Unfortunately, I have to go to work on Monday, so that'll have to wait. At least the commute will give me time to learn the voice command prompts.  That's like learning a new language.

I've hijacked your car. You can have it for 25 free battery charges at your house.

Also I have returned my original ordered car which arrived May 27th and picked up the black one that is fully loaded, 3FA6P0SU4DR260483.

Yup, that's the one I left a present behind the back seat... blocked all your battery vents.

Edited by shaggy314

Ok, good list, but ..... What is the list when you receive the car?

Like, Register with MySync, Pair with Phone, Add waypoints to NAV, etc. Just wondering since those who have receive their cars had had to do some things I am sure, I am going through the over 400 page manual, much in there about programing door locks etc.

Oh crap, now I need ANOTHER list? Hadn't even thought to do that. I guess I was depending on the dealer to show me all that. Register web sites (owner, sync) and mobile app, change door code, seat settings saved. MyFordTouch prefs (temps, radio stations, index my 32 GB flash drive of music), program the garage door opener...

Oh, BTW: Note the delivery update ETA... it's a week SOONER than original estimate. (tomorrow instead of a week from tomorrow).

Edited by shaggy314

Ok, good list, but .....  What is the list when you receive the car?

Like, Register with MySync, Pair with Phone, Add waypoints to NAV, etc.  Just wondering since those who have receive their cars had had to do some things I am sure, I am going through the over 400 page manual, much in there about programing door locks etc.

Ahh, good question. It took me all weekend to set up my car and I'm still not done. Not only do you have to register with the SYNC Owner web site (aka syncmyride.com), if you have a PHEV, you also need to register with MyFordMobile (aka http://phev.myfordmobile.com).  My dealership didn't even know about this site.  Then you also have to download the corresponding apps to your smartphone (Sync Destinations and My Ford Mobile).

You already hit on setting the locks and the seats and the radios and the nav and the Bluetooth, but there are other little Easter eggs:

Associate the seat positions with the key fobs

Adjust the steering wheel position

Adjust the delay on the rain sensitive wipers

Set up the Homelink garage door opener

Fiddle with the MyKey if desired

Set the ambient lighting

Enable the easy entry and exit function (mine was defaulted to off and the sales guy didn't know about the feature)

Enable the surround sound (Also defaulted to off in my car.)

Configure the backing camera (delay, active wheel position, color fields, etc.)

Anyhow,  that's what I did this weekend and I actually loved every minute of discovery. (OK, the garage door thing was a pain because I have the old fixed-code, learning type opener.)  Just walk through ALL the menus on three displays.  And then learn how to use the voice commands.  It'll take me a while before I move to advanced mode, but you could add that to the list above.

Set the ambient lighting

Enable the easy entry and exit function (mine was defaulted to off and the sales guy didn't know about the feature)

Anyhow,  that's what I did this weekend and I actually loved every minute of discovery. (OK, the garage door thing was a pain because I have the old fixed-code, learning type opener.)  Just walk through ALL the menus on three displays.  And then learn how to use the voice commands.  It'll take me a while before I move to advanced mode, but you could add that to the list above.

You've obviously haven't been playing with the MyFord Touch training app at the iOS (Apple) store.

I'll add some of this to my list

Ahh, good question. It took me all weekend to set up my car and I'm still not done. Not only do you have to register with the SYNC Owner web site (aka syncmyride.com), if you have a PHEV, you also need to register with MyFordMobile (aka http://phev.myfordmobile.com).  My dealership didn't even know about this site.  Then you also have to download the corresponding apps to your smartphone (Sync Destinations and My Ford Mobile).

You already hit on setting the locks and the seats and the radios and the nav and the Bluetooth, but there are other little Easter eggs:

Associate the seat positions with the key fobs

Adjust the delay on the rain sensitive wipers

Set up the Homelink garage door opener

Fiddle with the MyKey if desired

Set the ambient lighting

So your putting together a quick "How To" for the rest of us ?