Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Fusion Order Progress Spreadsheet

malibu3105

Oh no! I'm in the penalty box in Chicago.

In Transit

Delay- Conveyance Mechanical Failure (Union Pacific Railroad )

Yarcenter, IL

May-16-2013, 17:28 CT

TBD

TBD

N/A

:rant:

Its Yard Center, IL which is a switch yard in Dolton, IL.  That is the interchange center where cars are transferred from the Union Pacific system to the CSX system.

My car spent a couple of days there being switched to various yards as it was added to a train to head east.

Its Yard Center, IL which is a switch yard in Dolton, IL.  That is the interchange center where cars are transferred from the Union Pacific system to the CSX system.

My car spent a couple of days there being switched to various yards as it was added to a train to head east.

Right.  But my dealer sent me this email this morning and it's already been there for four days!  The "conveyance mechanical failure" is what concerns me. They used to have some estimated delivery dates, May 23 for the yard at Jessup MD and May 29 for the dealership.  Those dates are now TBD.

And to make it worse, I spotted my first Tesla this morning as it zipped past me on the way to work.  I had hoped that was a good omen.  I was wrong.

Right.  But my dealer sent me this email this morning and it's already been there for four days!  The "conveyance mechanical failure" is what concerns me. They used to have some estimated delivery dates, May 23 for the yard at Jessup MD and May 29 for the dealership.  Those dates are now TBD.

And to make it worse, I spotted my first Tesla this morning as it zipped past me on the way to work.  I had hoped that was a good omen.  I was wrong.

I saw my first Fusion Energi in Deep Impact Blue yesterday that wasn't covered in window stickers, driving the opposite direction from me as I was headed home from work.  The carrot continues to dangle. :)  I saw the badging on the door first and then saw the charge port in the fender.  I just keep reminding myself, "Soon...... very soon...."

O..... :hysterical: -- See how Anal I am lol.  enjoy!!!!!   Mine gets built tomorrow.  Then 9 days to delivery if all goes well :)

Ha.... Mine gets built on Memorial Day so I hope. According to "Eric at Ford" on Facebook it's already being built. Still no sticker...  :rant2:

Best of luck with your anticipated schedule!

My salesman said mine was being built too, I don't think sales has up to date info. You get build week and then a build day about 4 or so weeks prior. Window sticker (so far) is about 7 days prior to build day. That said, I'd have assumed that facebook @Ford people would have the same vehicle visibility as cyberdman at blueoval has... so /shrug.

Check the spreadsheet to see what others have been reporting.

My build day was yesterday and I'm waiting for Etis to confirm the build, then I go spend crazy on accessories and mail order parts.

My car arrived at the dealer yesterday which is awesome.  Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to pick it up until Thursday.

They quoted a delivery date of 5/27 when it was built.  It was delivered on 5/27.

It's tough knowing its there and waiting for me longingly.

Shaggy you can go and drool on it  ;)

I went by tonight, to talk accessories and the Ford warranty. We came to a deal on the accessories, but warranty is finance and done day of sale.

I saw a black Energi Ti they had on the lot charging and did a lot of poking around on it.

They said you were picking yours up Saturday... did you push up to Thursday?

Mine's in Tucson today. My ETA is 12-Jun, despite it being scheduled to be in Kirby at Noon on Friday.

Edited by shaggy314

I went by tonight, to talk accessories and the Ford warranty. We came to a deal on the accessories, but warranty is finance and done day of sale.

I saw a black Energi Ti they had on the lot charging and did a lot of poking around on it.

They said you were picking yours up Saturday... did you push up to Thursday?

Mine's in Tucson today. My ETA is 12-Jun, despite it being scheduled to be in Kirby at Noon on Friday.

Yeah I will call today to let them know I am pushing up to Thursday.  I was close to pulling the trigger on that black Ti but they wanted $1500 more for it, so we decided to wait.  Did you see ours there?

Yeah I will call today to let them know I am pushing up to Thursday.  I was close to pulling the trigger on that black Ti but they wanted $1500 more for it, so we decided to wait.  Did you see ours there?

Yours was in the back all setup. It only takes 1-2 hours for them to get it ready, but make sure you give it the fine tooth comb before signing. As for the tank of gas and full battery charge. You have a long drive home. Mine left Tucson this morning, due in San Antonio Friday around noon. If you know the rail yard go look for my blue baby in car# ETTX715676. I'm going to ask for a ride to the dealership to pick it up and bet $1 they do it in their/my new car...

My 'Things to do on car delivery' list:

- Window sticker, manuals in glove box

- NO dealer branding on car

- Battery in car matches requirements in manual (BXT-99R-390)

- all door seals in place

- check all doors/truck/hood for alignment and overspray issues.

- Proper shift knob (leather)

- Headliner inspection

- rattles in cup holder/glove box/doors

- Get windows tinted.

- alignment of front pillars and dash/door

- cover behind rear view mirror

- ambient lighting in the cup holders (as no longer shown ANYWHERE), be disappointed in the change

- verify presence of charge cord and stupid tire pump

Another item to add to your checklist.  Make sure your entry code for keyless entry pad on the driver's door works.  I can't find my code written down anywhere.  I followed the procedure in the manual that displays the entry code on the console.  However, when I attempt to enter it, it does not work either on the door or for MyFord Touch.  I'm going to have to ask the dealer to provide me with the proper code.

Edited by larryh

Another item to add to your checklist.  Make sure your entry code for keyless entry pad on the driver's door works.  I can't find my code written down anywhere.  I followed the procedure in the manual that displays the entry code on the console.  However, when I attempt to enter it, it does not work either on the door or for MyFord Touch.  I'm going to have to ask the dealer to provide me with the proper code.

Take the code that you get from the display and reverse the numbers end for end.

i.e. If it is ABCDE    try   EDCBA.

Yes--that works!   Strange--why would they display the numbers backwards?

It's a common programming mistake by new programmers.  They are told to display a data field and don't bother to ask where the most significant digit is stored.

Another example of the amateurish programming is the letter keypad in the wireless client setup that is disabled.  I just hope the same person didn't do the powertrain controls.

Edited by murphy