Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Fusion Order Progress Spreadsheet

malibu3105

Malibu,

How is it that my order hasn't been updated in the spreadsheet?

This is the third post to say it arrived in my garage on April 15.

murphy62

Murphy,

No clue!!!  So sorry.  Updated :)  Not on purpose, maybe I updated then just hit the X instead of saving.  Not sure. 

Guess I owe a coffee or something :)  lol.  Anyway, hope you are enjoying your ride !!!!

Murphy,

No clue!!!  So sorry.  Updated :)  Not on purpose, maybe I updated then just hit the X instead of saving.  Not sure. 

Guess I owe a coffee or something :)  lol.  Anyway, hope you are enjoying your ride !!!!

No problem.  I thought I was reloading from cache instead of getting the updated version.

Enjoying it very much but the learning curve is steep.

Did a run on the turnpike this morning, using EV only at 65 mph, to completely drain the battery so I can get a plot of the full charge cycle.

No problem.  I thought I was reloading from cache instead of getting the updated version.

Enjoying it very much but the learning curve is steep.

Did a run on the turnpike this morning, using EV only at 65 mph, to completely drain the battery so I can get a plot of the full charge cycle.

Wow, 65 on battery ??!!!  That is exciting.  I can't wait.  I am an IT guy by trade, and love technology.  I am just dissapointed from what I have read on the NAV system, I use a Garmin and it is awesome.  I was hoping the built in would be as good, or close, but maybe you will have some good pointers on using it if you have it.

Can't wait to get my own !! 

Got my VIN number today. 

ETIS shows it as a 2002- TransitConnect!  Very weird.. I assume this will change over time.   The VIN has the right first 8 to show its a fusion titanium energi..

yay!

Here is the status of my order.  Its been a very hands off experience with little communication from my dealer.  They are contacting me and have provided me the order confirmation printout.  So I believe its in process, but I have no idea on dates.

Trim (Energi SE/TI etc): Energi TI (ruby red, +sunroof)

Order date: 3/19/2013

Vin date: 4/19/2013 (3FA6P0SUXDR325790) 

Sticker date: Waiting

Build week: Waiting

Build Date: Waiting

If it is in Transit or Arrived: Waiting

Your State: California

ETA: No idea :)

Delivered Date: Waiting

Wow, 65 on battery ??!!!  That is exciting.  I can't wait.  I am an IT guy by trade, and love technology.  I am just dissapointed from what I have read on the NAV system, I use a Garmin and it is awesome.  I was hoping the built in would be as good, or close, but maybe you will have some good pointers on using it if you have it.

Can't wait to get my own !! 

I am very disappointed so far in the NAV system. Very cumbersome so far... my circa 2005 Acura NAV was much easier to use... and that is not saying that the Acura system was great...  Hopefully it will get easier as I learn to use it better.

I purchased an Ice Storm Titanium Fusion Energi from dealer stock on 4/20/2013.  I called last week on Wednesday to find out the status of my order.  They told me they had just received a Fusion Energi in stock.  So rather than waiting, I bought that one.  My 3/28/2013 order will still be completed.  No VIN has yet been assigned to that car.

Edited by larryh

I purchased an Ice Frost Titanium Fusion Energi from dealer stock on 4/20/2013.  I called last week on Wednesday to find out the status of my order.  They told me they had just received a Fusion Energi in stock.  So rather than waiting, I bought that one.  My 3/28/2013 order will still be completed.  No VIN has yet been assigned to that car.

Congratulations on getting your new car larryh ! Please post some pics and report back on how you like it.

Ice Storm is apt color choice for the car.  We've had snow storms almost every day since I first learned about it last week.  I had a lot of time to decide whether I wanted to buy this one or the one that I ordered while waiting for all the snow storms to end.  Now, finally, the snow is almost melted.

For my first drive leaving the dealership, I averaged 40.5 mpg on 50 miles of freeway/highway driving in hybrid mode.  The car had not been charged--I did not give the dealer advance notice that I was coming.  Unlike my previous car, the gas mileage kept increasing up until my final destination.  So I almost achieved the EPA estimate of 41. 

I have a 16 mile round trip commute to work.  So I should be able to go to work and back completely in EV mode.  So far, I haven't driven my normal route back and forth from work.  I have taken side trips and the last couple of miles were in Hybrid mode.  But the total gas consumption was less than 0.1 gallons.  In EV mode, the car is pleasantly quiet--there is very little engine or transmission noise to hear.  Just some quiet whirring from the regenerative breaks when coming to a stop. 

I use the Ford Mobile web site to set up my go times and set up the value charging times.  So far, I have had no problems.  When I leave, the car is fully charged and warmed up using the supplied 110 volt charger.  Its nice to start off in a warm car when it is only 27 degrees out. 

Edited by larryh

Congratulations on getting your new car larryh ! Please post some pics and report back on how you like it.

The snow has finally stopped and the weather has warmed up so I can actually enjoy the new Titanium Energi.  Prior to this

car, I owned a 2006 Ford Fusion SE with the I4 engine.

I have now owned the new car for a week and have driven about 300 miles.  So far, I am very pleased with the car and have

experienced no problems other than with the Ford Mobile Web Application (which is unreliable and incomplete) and an

improperly recessed plug for the engine block heater--the cap doesn't close fully (I'm not sure why an engine block heater is needed

when it already has an electric heater for the coolant).  I am able to drive the 16 mile round-trip commute

to work and back in EV mode on urban streets (55 mph speed limit).  So during the week, I should use minimal gas. 

On weekends, I usually travel to my other home which is 58.5 miles away by Freeway/Highway.  The first time I went there,

right from the dealership in hybrid mode (since I didn't tell them I was coming so they could charge it), I achieved 40.5

mpg.  Today, I had the car charged up first.  The first 21 miles were in EV mode.  The car used about 0.87 gallons of gas

for the remainder of the trip.  So in Hybrid mode, I achieved over the 41 mpg EPA rating.  It claimed 67.4 mpg for the

entire trip.  I drove 70 mph on the Freeway and normal highway speeds.  I used Eco-Cruise for only a small portion of the

trip.  I'm not sure how accurate the measurements are that are reported by the Energi.  On my 2006 Fusion, it claimed I was

getting 28.5 mpg.  When I did the math based upon how far I had driven and how much fuel I put in the tank, I came up with

25 mpg.

EV mode is very quiet. At stop lights, the car makes absolutely no noise or vibration.  While driving, the only noise I hear

are the tires and the wind, and sometimes faint regeneration and transmission noise.  Acceleration is more than adequate

for me in EV mode on city streets.  The Energi seems to have an easier time getting up to speed than my previous 2006

Fusion.

I can easily tell when the ICE engine turns on while driving on city streets.  It makes a low pitched drone and you can

feel some minor engine vibration in the steering wheel.  The ICE seems to like to rev up to high rpms.  But the noise and

vibration are significantly less than the 2006 Ford Fusion.  While driving on the highway, it is much harder to detect when

the ICE turns on or off.  The difference, in terms of engine noise and vibration, between EV mode and Hybrid mode is much

less than at low speeds.

The ride of Energi feels like a larger and heavier car than the 2006 Fusion.  It is better at absorbing bumps.

I really like the Go and Charge Setting times feature of the Energi.  I set my Go Times in the morning for when I leave for

work.  I set the cabin temperature to 65 degrees.  When it is 27 degrees out, it is really nice to drive off in a car that

is all warmed up, fully charged, and ready to go.  The car finishes charging an hour or so before I leave.  Then a few

minutes before the go time, I can hear various fans and pumps on the car turn on preparing the battery and the cabin

temperature.  I use the 110 volt charger that comes with the car.  I have not had any problems with the charger.  It is on

a non-dedicated 15 amp circuit.  I notice that when the car is plugged in, the climate control/heater uses only about 1 KW

to heat the car (apparently whatever the 110 volt outlet can provide).  I wonder if that will be enough when it is below

zero?  When the car is unplugged, the climate control/heater uses 5KW. 

Unfortunately, after leaving the garage the car cools down rather quickly if I don't let the electric heater that heats the

coolant run.  The car has active grill shutters.  I wonder if they made them more intelligent to close when the ICE is not

running and it is cold out if that would help (rather than closing only above 62 mph). 

The only major drawback to the Energi is the lack of trunk space.  The battery takes up half the trunk and does not leave a

useable passthru to the passenger compartment.  I liked the passthru on the 2006 Ford Fusion.  I used it to transport my

bike.  Now, I have to fold down the back seats of the Energi and put the bike there and be very careful not to scratch

anything.

post-187-0-57282200-1366996232_thumb.jpg

post-187-0-72202400-1366996433_thumb.jpg

Edited by larryh

So....   My first order the one that ended up black was delivered yesterday to the dealer.  He emailed me this morning so I can go look if I want, and I probably will just to see it.

So from the date I ordered it, to the day it was delivered, (Mar 28th / April 25th) was just 28 days !!!   I think that is the current record.

On the other hand :(   My second order, the one that will actually be Ruby Red, was ordered on April 15th, and has a build date of May 20th.

So 35 days to get built, and if I add 8 days delivery (that was what car #1 took) I end up with 43 days.  A difference of 15 days.

Oh well.  My added wait time will then be the 15 days plus 18 days it took them to order so a total of 33 days I lost.

I guess the good news would be that maybe incentives will be better and I miss a car payment :)

I, too, am scheduled for a build the week of May 6.  Not sure I want my car assembled the day after Cinco de Mayo. :doh:

They don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Mexico. Apparently that's a Mexican/American tradition according to my neighbors that are generation one, Mexican/Americans from south of Juárez. You should be fine!

My car has a VIN, I just don't know what it is!

Ruby Red.

My dealer did give me mine either, but if you have your dealer code and order number you can get it from Ford.  If you have your order number, but not your dealer code there are people  here in the forum that can get your dealer code if you post the dealer name and address.

That is what I did to get my VIN.

Trim               Energi Ti

Order date     04/21/13

Vin date         05/02/13

Vin                 3FA6POSU3DR351258

Sticker date   Unknown

Build week     Unknown

Build Date     Unknown

If it is in Transit or Arrived

Your State     NY

ETA               6-8 Weeks

Delivered Date