Ford Fusion Energi Forum

A/C Compressor doesn't turn off with buttons Titanium Energi

Hewlettk

Having the A/C Compressor running when it is not needed wastes a lot of battery power.

Have had my Energi Titanium for 2 weeks and the only way I could turn off the A/C compressor was by shutting off the entire Climate Control System.

I read the owners manual.

It says to push the A/C on/off switch on either the lower panel (the light next to it goes off and on)

or the upper Climate Control touchscreen (light goes off/on with the lower one)

The A/C compressor stays on though!

I went to the dealer. Without admitting there is anything wrong with the Climate Control system,

they said you have to go into the touchscreen and manually take the system off "AUTO" by selecting one of the airflow direction arrows above the "AUTO" button.

This is not right and it would be nice to find all the Fusion owners with this glitch and ask Ford to fix the glitch.

Just wondering how many fellow Fusion owners are experiencing the same problem?

Happy EVing

Hewlett

Yes, this discussion is in another thread.

The system is working as designed, there is no glitch.

"Auto" mode means the climate control will automatically do what is necessary to achieve the set temperature. That includes turning on and off the compressor as necessary to reach the desired temperature.

If you want to have full control of which vent the air comes from, and whether or not the A/C is on, use the Manual mode.

In Manual Mode you have complete control of the A/C operation, you turn the A/C on and off as you wish via either of two A/C buttons.

In Auto Mode the climate control system has control of the A/C operation and turns the A/C on and off as necessary to reach the set temp. 

Edited by Energized