Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sold My 2013 Energi

JATR4

Wife passed away in January so no need for three vehicles.  Had checked previously and all offers were below $10K.  Checked Carvana on Tuesday morning and they offered $12,062.  Accepted the offer and transaction was complete in 24 hours.  Easiest vehicle transaction I have ever had.. Took the vehicle to their operations center  in Greensboro and was in an Uber home in under 30 min.  They paid for the Uber.  ACH cleared the bank today.

Had replaced the cruise control seitch myself only a week ago.  Took longer than needed bacause of the learning curve.  Couldn't get the dealer to replace it when it was under warranty and there was a known problem.  Unimpressed with Ford dealerships.

Will check-in here occasionally just to see what is happening.

I still have a 2018 Volvo XC60 T8 plug-in that is great.  By far the nicest vehicle I have ever owned.  Got approximately 135 mpg over the six years and 33,000 miles I owned the energi.

Good luck to everyone.

P.S.  Thanks for all the great information on this site, especially posts by Murphy.

Edited by JATR4
content

51 minutes ago, muzicman61 said:

Sorry to hear of your loss.  I was not aware Carvana bought cars as well.  I may need to keep that in mind.  Did they make an offer sight unseen?  How exactly does that work?

Put in your vin and mileage, answer a few questions and they make an offer.  If you accept you take photos of your title and driver license.  My deal was on Veteran's Day so bank deposit was delayed one day.

• 2 months later...

A little additional info on my sale.  Sold the 2013 Energi Titanium for $12,062.  I knew it was worth more but the offer from Carvana was adequate since I had three cars and only one driver.

It appears that Carvana sold the vehicle for $14,990.  That is actually more than I thought it was worth but gives some indication of the value of a low-mileage (33K) FFE.