Ford Fusion Energi Forum

AT&T Shutting off 3G Network/MFM?

timdebin

MFM uses AT&T.  My 2013 came with a 2G modem.  Just before 2G went away Ford upgraded it to 3G for free.  The car was still under warranty.  4G was already out and they should have gone to 4G.  Now 3G is going to sunset in 2022 and 5G is out, it works on my phone.  My car is out of warranty.

Will they

Declare MFM dead and do nothing.  (They have already declared the Fusion line dead).

Free upgrade to 4G

Free upgrade to 5G

Paid upgrade to 4G

Paid upgrade to 5G

First level technical support is probably like most companies.

The person is not technically capable.  They know how to listen to your complaint, pick out a few key words, search their database for a hit and read the result to you.

If no hits they bump to the next level of support.  Some will do it live, others will say they will call you.  Very seldom has anyone called me back.

40 minutes ago, murphy said:

First level technical support is probably like most companies.

The person is not technically capable.  They know how to listen to your complaint, pick out a few key words, search their database for a hit and read the result to you.

If no hits they bump to the next level of support.  Some will do it live, others will say they will call you.  Very seldom has anyone called me back.

So funny how things have changed.  20+ years ago, you worked your tail off as a field engineer.  Then once you put in your time, you were rewarded with an office spot answering the phone and providing technical support.

I hesitate to go to the dealer. When I went for an issue with my Focus Electric, the service guy was adamant that I was using a third-party app. He refused to believe that it was an official Ford app until I deleted my car from FordPass and re-added it in front of him so he could see the redirect screen.

I'm hoping they have some resolution for this issue. As I mention before, I do enjoy the app, for what it is.