Ford Fusion Energi Forum

12V battery issues

jsamp

So I guess July was the month for issues with our Energi's.  I noticed a week or so ago that the 'chime' was no longer coming through the audio speakers, but instead a weaker version under the dash.  Didn't think much of it since it's happened on occasion before.  Then a couple days later (driving occasionally, but not much) I couldn't unlock with the keyless entry.  Once I got in, the car started okay, and drove fine.  So I put a charger on the 12V to see if that was the issue.  Meanwhile I rolled down the windows, and the passenger front would not do the 'auto up' function.  Other windows worked fine - strange.  After charging  the 12V things were fine except for the window.  But I noticed a little moisture around one of the vent cells on the 12V battery.  A sign to me that it was going dead.  After looking it up and finding the battery was 5.5 years old, I just replaced it with a new one.  Now everything is fine except the passenger window still won't go up automatically, maybe a sensor issue.  

All that to say that this car can have many strange and even knock-on effects to a 12V battery issue.

BTW: hardly anyone carries the proper replacement battery.  Most auto parts stores did not even offer it, and the one that did only had stock in FL (I'm in CA).  So I got it from Ford dealer since they had it in stock for the same price.

There is a procedure to re-synchronize a window.  It's on the forum somewhere.

My memory says it is as follows:

Press the down button and hold it for 10 seconds after the window stops moving.

Press the up button and again hold it for 10 seconds after the window stops moving.

Test the window operation.

Hopefully my memory is correct.

19 hours ago, murphy said:

There is a procedure to re-synchronize a window.  It's on the forum somewhere.

My memory says it is as follows:

Press the down button and hold it for 10 seconds after the window stops moving.

Press the up button and again hold it for 10 seconds after the window stops moving.

Test the window operation.

Hopefully my memory is correct.

OMG!  I have had this problem for 6+ years.  The sychhronization worked  Years ago I took my 2013 to the dealer under warranty and they said they couldn't duplicate the problem.  Dealers are CLUELESS!  I am on my third dealer due to their incompetence.  

There were recalls on the windows for this problem.  But getting the dealer to replace the defective part or synchronize the windows was fruitless.

Any chance you have a procedure to fix my cruise control?  The "minus" and the "cancel" buttons do not work.  I have to turn cruise control off or apply the brake if I want a lower setting.  The "plus" works fine.