Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Window auto up

yojroz

I guess now that we are all getting our cars, it's time to start discussing issues we're having.  The only thing I can find so far that seemingly doesn't work is my driver window auto up.  I can feel the two clicks when rolling down...the first rolls til I stop and the second auto downs it fine.  When rolling up I also feel the two clicks but the second one does not auto roll up.  Is this a setting I have to activate?  Anyone else having this issue?  Luckily, that's the only problem I am having so far.

I had a similar problem the first time I tried to use mine. Reading other forums and having an Audi led me to believe they may need to be programmed so I tried the same procedure I sometimes need to do with the Audi after the battery drains too far.

Lower the window(s) all the way by holding the button(s) all the way down. Then roll up all the way also holding the buttons all the way until and after the windows are done moving. May need to repeat once more. One-touch should now work.

The way I understand it, this programs the limits of the window movement as well as the interference safety feature.

Hope this works for ya.

Edited by Scooter80

Great tip Scooter!  That worked.  I didn't even realize all 4 of my windows needed to be "programmed".  In my experience it took doing each one 3 times for it to work.  Also I had to hold the button about one second after the window was down or up til you hear a "click" each time.  Now they all work great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had a similar problem the first time I tried to use mine. Reading other forums and having an Audi led me to believe they may need to be programmed so I tried the same procedure I sometimes need to do with the Audi after the battery drains too far.

Lower the window(s) all the way by holding the button(s) all the way down. Then roll up all the way also holding the buttons all the way until and after the windows are done moving. May need to repeat once more. One-touch should now work.

The way I understand it, this programs the limits of the window movement as well as the interference safety feature.

Hope this works for ya.

Thanks from me too!  Strange that it was working originally, but after attempting my remote all down, the front two windows would not one touch up.  Everything is now back operating normally.  Thakns again for the great tip!

Ditto. My driver's window is regularly losing its mind. Have to keep re-programing it.

i asked the dealer about this and quoted a couple of TSBs that had been mentioned on another thread. That was a mistake, since neither TSB applied to my car.

Make four times.  After driving home today the pax window again would not one-touch up. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, this seems to be a common issue.  It will be a TSB eventually...

R

I've been waiting for someone to take their car in to get the TSB process rolling. I haven't had to take my car back for anything, and this issue is too minor to me to make a special trip. I guess I could call the dealer and ask them if there is a TSB out yet.

Has anyone noticed if the regular hybrid Fusion has this issue, or is it exclusive to the Energi?