Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Southern Indiana

Shannon

I'm from Jasper, Indiana (South Central Indiana). Just picked up my 2017 Fusion Energi Last Tuesday. I LOVE IT.

I have been wanting a Fusion for a few years now. Only recently (in the last year) even learned that the Energi was a thing. Fell in love. And now I own 1.

Looking forward to finding more info about my new ride.

91451379_10221005509303285_8178234153880256512_o.jpg

91324703_10221005508983277_6264499428040638464_o.jpg

91364478_10221005508623268_1152338269522886656_o.jpg

22 hours ago, Wolfgang57 said:

NICE Shannon ? Welcome aboard. I've owned my Energi for 8 months now, and  love it. Enjoy, any issues this is the best place for answers. In 8 months I've spent a total of $195.00 in fuel ?  

Have a wonderful day. 

Wolfgang,  Is that $195 for liquid fuel only, or does it include the amount you spent on electricity as a fuel as well?  My gas use went down significantly, but my electric bill went up by $30+/mo which offset some of that savings.

Wow jsamp... your electric rates seem high.

Last year I spent $168 on gasoline and roughly $54 for the electricity to charge.  My rate is 4.7 cents per kwh and an average charge takes 5 hours.  I typically don't charge on the weekends so my numbers are based on 5 charges a week.  But since I have an electric vehicle I was able to join Charge Rewards through my electric utility and I get $5 a month rebate.  That means I actually get paid to charge!

Here's the ballpark math... 4.7kwh x 5 hour charge = 23.5 cents a charge.  5 days a week equals $1.175 and since I get 6 weeks vacation I multiply that times 46 weeks in a year to get $54.05 a year.  Now there are some weekends when I do drive/charge and there are also days when I work from home as well as holidays off so I figure they cancel each other out.  Since I get $60 a year in charge rewards I actually make $6 a year. ?

Edited by muzicman61

On 4/6/2020 at 6:32 AM, muzicman61 said:

Wow jsamp... your electric rates seem high.

Yup, the price I pay for living in expensive Silicon Valley.  Pacific Gas and Electric territory.  You pay 23.5¢ per charge, I pay average 23.5¢/kWh!  Tiered pricing of 22¢ up to 300kWh and 28¢ above that.  I do pay 1¢ extra per kWh for 100% carbon free electricity by my choice.  An extra $3 per month is worth it to me.  But yeah, it's expensive.

With lockdown going on, my electric usage is going to drop back below 300kWh/mo, 'cause I'm not charging and driving much.

13 hours ago, jsamp said:

Yup, the price I pay for living in expensive Silicon Valley.  Pacific Gas and Electric territory.  You pay 23.5¢ per charge, I pay average 23.5¢/kWh!  Tiered pricing of 22¢ up to 300kWh and 28¢ above that.  I do pay 1¢ extra per kWh for 100% carbon free electricity by my choice.  An extra $3 per month is worth it to me.  But yeah, it's expensive.

With lockdown going on, my electric usage is going to drop back below 300kWh/mo, 'cause I'm not charging and driving much.

Ouch!  Our rates in Phoenix get around that high in the summer but our night time rates (11p-5a) are still reasonable.

I try to take a drive on Saturday or Sunday so I charge only once a week.  Don't care as much about the charging but have to dust off the stir crazy of sheltering in place.