Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Stuff for the car...

meyersnole

OK, that makes sense. Thanks.

Anybody care to share their opinion on Lloyd mats?

I don't have any mats other than the Titanium Package's included ones, but I have had Lloyd's mats in the past and they are gorgeous!  High, resilient pile, good color match, great fit.  Again, can't vouch for the Fusion fit or even Lloyd's of late, but they were awesome years back!

Ordered them today...

Moved the floor mats from the wish list to the ordered list. Lloyd Mats Luxe Floor Mats ordered today (got 15% off coupon - just give them your email and they will continue to send you offers. Interestingly enough I got a 10% then 12% then 15% all this weekend just by continuing to visit the site). I think these are slightly bigger then factory ones.. they will certainly be more substantial.

OK.. washed the car today so I could take pictures of the mud flaps that were installed.

Click on the picture to go to full size. As you can see they are not real noticeable. Not sure why these were an option on the Titanium trim!

Fusion April 2013 1 small

Fusion April 2013 2 small

Fusion April 2013 3 small

Fusion April 2013 4 small

Edited by meyersnole

I installed the molded mudflaps on a friend's 2012 Ford Focus... they look almost identical to the ones on your Fusion.  My car is also going to be white so I'm happy those look good and will protect the car for years to come.

I know that they are different parts because I had to drive out to the dealer twice to get them installed, as they ordered the 2012 model mud flaps the first time.

I got my rear mud flaps two weeks ago but the front are still on back order. Can you believe that? Seems I have to wait on everything for this car, including the car itself. I even had to order touch up paint for goodness sake.

I too wanted color coded mud flaps, at least on one side anyway. But I was unable to find any. These are molded fairly rigid, rubberized, mudflaps. I suppose one could have them painted but I don't know how long the paint would stay on before peeling off.

I got my rear mud flaps two weeks ago but the front are still on back order. Can you believe that? Seems I have to wait on everything for this car, including the car itself. I even had to order touch up paint for goodness sake.

I too wanted color coded mud flaps, at least on one side anyway. But I was unable to find any. These are molded, fairly rigid, rubberized, mudflaps. I suppose one could have them painted but I don't know how long the paint would stay on before peeling off.

Edited by pluggedin

I had some on my Celica that were from another color of the same car. I simply sanded them and they took a standard car paint. I do not recall them peeling even after several years. I would imagine you just have to get them down to a surface to which the paint will stick. Maybe clear coat it afterwards for good measure.

Tint on rear window is way too dark ...

I had all the windows tinted and those window visors put on. It looks great BUT the tint on the back window is so dark I literally cannot see out of it unless I take my sunglasses off. I have never had this problem before. I always wear sunglasses because of the glare out the front windshield, but the back windshield is WAY too dark. If there is a dark car behind me, I literally cannot see it unless I take my sunglasses off. If it is a light-colored car, I can just barely see it.

I don't feel safe the way it is, but I picked out the tint so I will pay them something to remove and replace it. I offered to pay them. They didn't pressure me. The other windows are all fine. I have been rear-ended by a drunk with no insurance so I am really cognizant of who/what is behind me. Plus half the drivers are texting or something. 

I said "That's not Limo tint, is it?" and they said no but I couldn't believe it when I got in it. Has anyone else had this problem? 

I had all the windows tinted and those window visors put on. It looks great BUT the tint on the back window is so dark I literally cannot see out of it unless I take my sunglasses off. I have never had this problem before. I always wear sunglasses because of the glare out the front windshield, but the back windshield is WAY too dark. If there is a dark car behind me, I literally cannot see it unless I take my sunglasses off. If it is a light-colored car, I can just barely see it.

I don't feel safe the way it is, but I picked out the tint so I will pay them something to remove and replace it. I offered to pay them. They didn't pressure me. The other windows are all fine. I have been rear-ended by a drunk with no insurance so I am really cognizant of who/what is behind me. Plus half the drivers are texting or something. 

I said "That's not Limo tint, is it?" and they said no but I couldn't believe it when I got in it. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Any idea what % tint it was? I want to get mine tinted but I'm not sure what % to get.

In North Carolina the legal limit on tint would prevent that from happening here (no darker then 35% all around). Some states have no restrictions on the rear windows, here is a tool to see what your rules are: http://www.tri-statewindowtint.com/us-state-tint-laws.html

Did you ask for darker tint on the rear?  Or it just seems darker? I have the 35% on mine (legal limit) and have no issues, would have gone darker if I could have.

Hi, BadRock. I dug out my receipt for the window tint job, but it didn't say what percentage the back window is. Just that it is Arizona Legal and the darkest that the law here allows. I looked at an example of the tint of course before I agreed to it, but it was on a showroom window and didn't prepare me for the super-dark tint after it was installed on the back windshield. I'm almost wondering if the installers accidentally installed a double layer of tint, but I doubt if that is possible  I almost want to be stopped by the cops so I can say to the Ford service adviser that it can't be legal. 

I hate that it has to be fixed, but I just can't live with it the way it is. I'll probably have it re-done some time next week. By the way, my sunglasses are Ray Bans and not super dark. They're the same sunglasses I wore for years while driving my Toyota Prius. It too was tinted after the sale in 2008 but everything was very visible through the back windshield. 

My advice to you is to ask to see a car that has the tints you are thinking of selecting. I had always felt that the back window was too light on previous cars, so I never dreamed that it would be almost blind-dark on my new car.

Good luck to you. I think you'll love the Fusion Energi. Make sure the sales person shows you the large display with the outline of the car - showing what mode (electric, hybrid, etc) you are currently driving in. Very neat. Also have him/her show you how to set the display on left side of steering wheel to show EV miles and Lifetime MPGs. I am getting 59+ MPG after 3 weeks. Also getting 24-30+ pure electric miles after an overnight charge. 

Getting a quote on a garage charger but I can recharge it using a standard 120V outlet. 

Hi, BadRock. I dug out my receipt for the window tint job, but it didn't say what percentage the back window is. Just that it is Arizona Legal and the darkest that the law here allows. I looked at an example of the tint of course before I agreed to it, but it was on a showroom window and didn't prepare me for the super-dark tint after it was installed on the back windshield. I'm almost wondering if the installers accidentally installed a double layer of tint, but I doubt if that is possible  I almost want to be stopped by the cops so I can say to the Ford service adviser that it can't be legal. 

Per the link that I posted above, your rear windows (both doors and rear window) have no legal light restrictions. Looks like the drivers doors Must allow more than 33% of light in.

My experience with the window tinting has become a disaster. I have always had my car's windows tinted but NEVER had the back window come out so dark that I cannot see out of it!!! If I take off my sunglasses I can just barely see the car behind me, but I need my sunglasses for the front windshield  The dealer says it's what I selected so I will pay them more money to have it removed and something lighter put on in its place. The invoice doesn't say what percentage any of it is and besides there is no illegal darkness for the rear window in Arizona. I just wish the Ford service adviser had said something like "If you chose that tint, you may not be able to see out the back window." I am really furious.

My experience with the window tinting has become a disaster. I have always had my car's windows tinted but NEVER had the back window come out so dark that I cannot see out of it!!! If I take off my sunglasses I can just barely see the car behind me, but I need my sunglasses for the front windshield  The dealer says it's what I selected so I will pay them more money to have it removed and something lighter put on in its place. The invoice doesn't say what percentage any of it is and besides there is no illegal darkness for the rear window in Arizona. I just wish the Ford service adviser had said something like "If you chose that tint, you may not be able to see out the back window." I am really furious.

How much do they want to change the window film out? Can't be much because it is easy to remove and reinstall.

If you are paying for the swap go to a reliable, local, window tint shop. Their price will be far less expensive, guaranteed. I think my rear and back windows are around 20-25% and are just on the edge of being too dark during the day time and night time. But I use my side mirrors way more than I look out of my rear window.

I doubt seriously your dealer installed the tint. Ask your salesman who they use and go directly to the installer. They will probably be more sympathetic to your needs then the dealer...the wretch.

I had previously complained about a too-dark tint being applied to the back windshield and the dealer was going to charge me a lot to remove/replace it. I had agreed that I did select the tint from a sample but felt I was not adequately advised as to how dark it would look on an actual car.

I want to report that the Ford dealer removed the too-dark window tint and replaced it with the next darkest tint and he did NOT charge me! I had been really angry about it and am so glad he was a good guy about it. If I had known that I wouldn't be able to see out of the back window, I never would have selected that dark a tint  I am a senior. Maybe the dark tint might be fine for a 19-year old but not for me. 

Now I will feel a lot better about going back to that same Ford dealer for service in the future. They also did a great job on all the other windows and on the window visors. 

So it was a happy ending and I am very relieved. 

I had previously complained about a too-dark tint being applied to the back windshield and the dealer was going to charge me a lot to remove/replace it. I had agreed that I did select the tint from a sample but felt I was not adequately advised as to how dark it would look on an actual car.

I want to report that the Ford dealer removed the too-dark window tint and replaced it with the next darkest tint and he did NOT charge me! I had been really angry about it and am so glad he was a good guy about it. If I had known that I wouldn't be able to see out of the back window, I never would have selected that dark a tint  I am a senior. Maybe the dark tint might be fine for a 19-year old but not for me. 

Now I will feel a lot better about going back to that same Ford dealer for service in the future. They also did a great job on all the other windows and on the window visors. 

So it was a happy ending and I am very relieved. 

Good, I'm glad they stepped up and did the right thing in the end. All's well, that end well... ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

meyersnole, where did you get you tint done and what tint index level did you get?  I am thinking of getting some 32% 3M tint put on at the 3M tint shop.  Trying to debate if i want to only do back 3 windows or all (excluding front windshield but including those little triangular ones on front of the car).  Did you post pics yet?  I haven't been able to find them.  I think the tinting would look amazing on my blue FFE.

I installed the 3M Top of the line Crystalline. I put the darkest the had which is 40%. I had this installed on sides, back and sunroof. I also had the 70% installed on windshield. This didn't make the windshield any darker but it blocks heat, and interior damaging sun rays.  In GA they allow you to put the dark tint on the windshield in the top 5 inches. I didn't like the look of that and opted for the 70% on the windshield. 70% is what the car typically comes with, and is the darkest allowed by the DOT on commercial vehicles.

The tint looks great and noticeably reduces the heat. That means I don't have to keep the A/C as cool which in turn gives me longer battery life.  :)

Mark

I installed the 3M Top of the line Crystalline. I put the darkest the had which is 40%. I had this installed on sides, back and sunroof. I also had the 70% installed on windshield. This didn't make the windshield any darker but it blocks heat, and interior damaging sun rays.  In GA they allow you to put the dark tint on the windshield in the top 5 inches. I didn't like the look of that and opted for the 70% on the windshield. 70% is what the car typically comes with, and is the darkest allowed by the DOT on commercial vehicles.

The tint looks great and noticeably reduces the heat. That means I don't have to keep the A/C as cool which in turn gives me longer battery life.   :)

Mark

Meyersonle, if the car comes with 70% on the front windshield what is the benefit of putting on another layer of 70% film? I did put 35% on the top 5 inches of the windshield and that helps keep the sun off of me and out of my eyes but the dash still gets smoking hot, if I don't put up the sun screen.

I also asked the shop that installed my tint to put additional tint on my sunroof but they would not do so. Said it's not a good idea in AZ?

About a week ago I parked the car and decided I would roll the driver side window down so the car would be cooler when I got back in it. Bad idea! The sun was shining on the driver side and my black leather seat gave me quite a surprise when I sat down on it in my cut off shorts...ouch! The tinted windows DO keep the seats from getting too hot to sit on, if not the interior. Lesson learned.