Ford Fusion Energi Forum

MyFORD mobile

meyersnole

I bet that Ford's attorneys told them that they could be liable if the car was located by someone else and then stolen or whatever. (Think ex-significant other.) 

I'm sure you've thought of giving it an easier password since your phone is already password-protected. Yeah, putting in a password each time is aggravating but I love the app. I still wish it would send an alert when the car is unplugged (like when you're at a public charging station) but maybe that will be in a future update.

Given the app and the website share the same password this leaves me more vulnerable overall.  Its funny because I am sure they intended it to be more secure, but in the end, people will use easier-to-type passwords lowering their overall security.   Best intentions on the system designers, but sad for users.

Not sure what Ill do.  I wish I could disable the website access or use separate passwords, both not supported, but I may just have to suck up having a lame password to use the mobile version.

Hi, combsauthor. I already did exactly what you're describing but it's not working. I set up the notifications by going to the triangle, then selected Notification Settings, Charge Fault, and turned email, text, and MyFord Mobile to "On." Then I unplugged my car to see if it did anything and it doesn't. I've tried it twice.

Have you actually received a text or email when your car is unplugged? I waited a long time both times. 

I can hit the "Update" button and see that my car is now unplugged but instant notification would be great. I think the "Charge Fault" refers to the charging cord showing a red light instead of a green one. 

Thanks for your help and let me know if I am missing something obvious.

With the new version of MyFord Mobile, I received an unplugged notification today when I unplugged the car before it finished charging.  This is the first time I have received a notification when I unplugged the car before it finished charging.

06/21/2013 10:49:36 AM

Hello Larry,

We thought you would like to know that Fusion Energi has experienced an accidental unplug while charging. Please plug Fusion Energi in for the charging to continue.

Edited by larryh

So there's a new version of MyFord Mobile? I'll try to see if it has an update for me. Right now the app isn't opening at all. 

It still hasn't been sending me alerts when I unplug my car. I wonder if maybe it's because it knows the car is at my home. That's the only place I've charged my car. I would love to find a restaurant that has on-site car charging but I don't even have a Blink account yet. 

See the following thread:

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1016-new-myford-mobile-release/

They only updated the MyFord Mobile web site.  The apps have not yet been updated.

I unplugged the car at my alternate home.  I haven't tried it at my primary home.

Edited by larryh

See the following thread:

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1016-new-myford-mobile-release/

They only updated the MyFord Mobile web site.  The apps have not yet been updated.

I unplugged the car at my alternate home.  I haven't tried it at my primary home.

I actually got an update on my Galaxy S3. One nice change is that now you can use 4 characters to be used as a pin instead of your password. I got my Fusion Energi a couple of days ago and I can only see the battery charge level but not the other options so I am assuming I am not fully enabled

I actually got an update on my Galaxy S3. One nice change is that now you can use 4 characters to be used as a pin instead of your password. I got my Fusion Energi a couple of days ago and I can only see the battery charge level but not the other options so I am assuming I am not fully enabled

I also got the update yesterday on my android, and set the 4-digit access code.  Still use the email address and pw on the web site.

I also got the update yesterday on my android, and set the 4-digit access code.  Still use the email address and pw on the web site.

One problem I am having is that when entering the first digit the keyboard flips to alpha mode from the number keypad so I have to select the keypad 3 more times. Are you having that issue?

One problem I am having is that when entering the first digit the keyboard flips to alpha mode from the number keypad so I have to select the keypad 3 more times. Are you having that issue?

Maybe that's something with the specific model of phone, I change my keypad to numbers and input the 4-digit code and it logs in, mine doesn't flip back over to alpha mode at all.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 also but it's being quirky today. It offered to let me select a 4-digit code and I did and confirmed it, but instead of letting me into the MyFord Mobile app, it keeps asking me to input the 4-digit code. Then when I put the code in, it keeps asking for it again. It doesn't say I put in the wrong thing ... it just isn't working right. It's just taking me around and around in circles. I have powered the phone off/on but no improvement. 

I'll try again later today. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 also but it's being quirky today. It offered to let me select a 4-digit code and I did and confirmed it, but instead of letting me into the MyFord Mobile app, it keeps asking me to input the 4-digit code. Then when I put the code in, it keeps asking for it again. It doesn't say I put in the wrong thing ... it just isn't working right. It's just taking me around and around in circles. I have powered the phone off/on but no improvement. 

I'll try again later today. 

It wants a 4 digit code don't use the <return> key. After that it wants confirmation so you do it once more. 

One question I have is how long before you were able access the other features like trip information etc? The only thing I am able to do is look at the battery level

It wants a 4 digit code don't use the <return> key. After that it wants confirmation so you do it once more. 

One question I have is how long before you were able access the other features like trip information etc? The only thing I am able to do is look at the battery level

After you accept the second confirmation message regarding MFM on the MyFord Touch screen in the car.   You should receive the second confirmation message about 24 hours after the first one (which you should have received soon after you registered with MFM).

Edited by larryh

Hi, Zman11. I wasn't hitting the Return key. After I typed in the 4th of the 4 digits, I immediately hit the "submit" or "Go" or "Signin" button. (Don't have the app open right now.)

It did take at least a few days before I got everything to work. It does now send me a text and email when the charge is complete. But it still doesn't send me a text or email when my car is unplugged, although maybe it's because I have only charged while at home and maybe it won't send the alerts for unplugging because it knows I'm home.

So give it a couple of days and hopefully you will have all the features. It's a great app, although it won't let me sign in today - at least not on my cell phone from home. 

Hi, Zman11. I wasn't hitting the Return key. After I typed in the 4th of the 4 digits, I immediately hit the "submit" or "Go" or "Signin" button. (Don't have the app open right now.)

It did take at least a few days before I got everything to work. It does now send me a text and email when the charge is complete. But it still doesn't send me a text or email when my car is unplugged, although maybe it's because I have only charged while at home and maybe it won't send the alerts for unplugging because it knows I'm home.

So give it a couple of days and hopefully you will have all the features. It's a great app, although it won't let me sign in today - at least not on my cell phone from home. 

Thanks. I am finding that having the 4 digit passcode is not really that useful. After quitting the app and restarting it I get the email and password sign in prompt.

Looking forward to seeing the other options.

This new version is really frustrating. The "remember me" option doesn't work. The only time I've seen it ask me for the PIN I set is if I lock the phone for a while, while the app is running. But although it asks me for my PIN, hitting the back button bypasses the password check.

I have to type my email and password every time I start the app. It either asks me to set a PIN every time, or prompts me "am I sure?" every time I elect to not set a PIN.

Hopefully another update is available soon.

This new version is really frustrating. The "remember me" option doesn't work. The only time I've seen it ask me for the PIN I set is if I lock the phone for a while, while the app is running. But although it asks me for my PIN, hitting the back button bypasses the password check.

I have to type my email and password every time I start the app. It either asks me to set a PIN every time, or prompts me "am I sure?" every time I elect to not set a PIN.

Hopefully another update is available soon.

I don't recall that past actions of unplugging the car was always considered "accidental" as long as the car was fully charged. Below are the alerts that I've received, with my commentary (in here)

06/22/2013 11:38:58 pmBlue: Charge complete

(finished charging late Saturday night, stayed plugged in until 8am on Sunday morning)

06/23/2013 8:03:28 amBlue: Your vehicle had an accidental unplug while charging.

(if the HVB finished charging the prior night, why was the above 'accidental'?)

06/23/2013 9:02:57 pmBlue: Charge complete

(finished charging 9pm Sunday night, and I unplugged it around 10pm Sunday night)

06/24/2013 6:50:42 amBlue: Your vehicle had an accidental unplug while charging.

(why did the above alert for 6:50am appear if I unplugged the night before? 6:50am is when the car left the house, but it had been unplugged 9 hours prior to that)

Maybe I wasn't paying close attention (but pretty sure I was), but I don't recall seeing these type of alerts in the past as long as the charge was complete - I have had several of these when unplugged after a partial charge, but not after a full charge.

Edited by jeff_h

I'm using the HTC One with Android 4.1.2. Here's my experiences. 

• Num-lock doesn't work on 4 digit code entry.
  • 4 digit code does not work.
  • Does not remember username anymore.
  • App notifications do not work - at all.

When trying to set up the 4 digit code I noticed that I had to keep entering it in and after several attempts it would finally take. I finally figured out that what was actually going on was that the input field no longer had focus. Once I selected the field and then entered the code in everything was fine.

With the new version of MyFord Mobile, I received an unplugged notification today when I unplugged the car before it finished charging.  This is the first time I have received a notification when I unplugged the car before it finished charging.

06/21/2013 10:49:36 AM

Hello Larry,

We thought you would like to know that Fusion Energi has experienced an accidental unplug while charging. Please plug Fusion Energi in for the charging to continue.

And it also now impatiently sends you messages to plug it in:

06/25/2013 02:36:21 PM

Hello Larry,

Fusion Energi is scheduled to start charging in {minutesToCharge} minutes at {chargeTime}, but it is not currently plugged in.

Please plug Fusion Energi in so the charge can start successfully.

Thank you!

I'm using the HTC One with Android 4.1.2. Here's my experiences. 

• Num-lock doesn't work on 4 digit code entry.
  • 4 digit code does not work.
  • Does not remember username anymore.
  • App notifications do not work - at all.

Same for me. Same phone but running 4.2.2. Plus today, neither the app or website will update the charging status since about 8:45AM PDT. On a positive note, they finally added some nice upgrades to the website:

- My Driving - this has a lot of good info on all the miles I've driven since purchase

- Customizable Charge profiles - now I can set different profiles for home and office

Unfortunately, everything freezes up when the profiles try to sync. I'm guessing that Ford is in the middle of updating their systems.

I don't get asked a second time. I assume that the features that are locked out become available once you get the second request?

That is correct.  You're supposed to get the second request at 24 hours but some have reported getting it a little beyond that.  Not sure what benefit there is doing that.  If you get it the first time and the name doesn't match your own, don't hit the OK button. :)  But perhaps they did that just in case someone mis-reads (or flat out ignores the notice).  After all, once the website is bound to the car, you can't de-bind it unless you do it through the website.  I don't see a way to do it from the MFT... but may be buried somewhere in services.