Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Fusion Energi on dealer lots

PlugMeIn

I didn't have any trouble using an unexpired $750 coupon.

Thanks brother, I am the only "Energi" buyer I know of that has not been able to use their $750 coupon. I can't fully fault the dealer though, since they split the difference with me on the coupon and ate $375 by taking that amount off the price of the car. Ford Motor Company is who I blame.

They, apparently, put these coupons out with no consistent policy concerning how they are applied. From what I have witnessed it's pretty willy nilly in how and when they honor these coupons through their dealerships.

In my case, the coupon expired (my fault for not looking at it closer, I guess) but when @FordService went to bat for me they denied the claim again based on the fact that the offer I have did not apply to the Energi, even though the coupon specifically spells out the Energi as being eligible. The coupon does say, however, that the offer "may not combine with other private of commercial offers" or "prior purchases not eligible (Customer Order?)". But they chose to deny my request because "your MODEL Fusion was ineligible for that offer". So what I come away with is the impression that Ford would just continue to find something on the coupon to deny my request until I give up.

Okay I give up trying to get them to live up to their offer to me but I am not done letting people know how cheap Ford Motor Company is or how disappointed I am in them. Their treatment of me on this makes me worry about how they are going to treat me during my warranty period now too.

The engineer's at Ford Motor Company have designed a wonderful car in the Fusion but their Sales and Marketing team could use a good lesson in customer service. My opinion.

Edited by pluggedin

I haven't decided to change to the black one yet, although I'm still considering it. I'm sure I will be able to use the $750 private cash as it now has a 5/31/13 expiration date. I also will be able to take the $1000 lease conquest offer for a total rebate of $3250. Plus the tax credit of $3750.

I think that in the end I'm getting a good deal.. the sticker price of the car is $45,815, but since I ordered before the prices went up, I will get it for $42,881 on the X-Plan. Taking the $7000 off, the net price will be $35881, plus taxes and fees.

Hybrids tend to hold their value over time better than conventional cars... I just sold my 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid with 30K miles and Premiun Care ESP until 9/12/14 or 48K miles for $19,500. I purchase the car in Sept 2009 for $31,400 plus $700 for the ESP. I got a $1,700 tax rebate for this one, so the total cost was $30,400. I was able to recoup 64% of the value, which I think is pretty good. I don't think that even leases get that high of a residual value.

Regards,

APM

Well, I finally decided to take the black Energi in stock at Metro Ford. However, I did not get the $750 private offer. I was only able to get the $1500 cash back and the $1000 lease conquest. The dealer said that the $750 coupon was not combinable with lease conquest. He showed a screen that had the different offer available to me. There were three or four packages of offers from which he had to select and none of them included the lease conquest and the private offer. I'm still happy with deal and needless to say thrilled with the car.

Regards,

APM

Well, I finally decided to take the black Energi in stock at Metro Ford. However, I did not get the $750 private offer. I was only able to get the $1500 cash back and the $1000 lease conquest. The dealer said that the $750 coupon was not combinable with lease conquest. He showed a screen that had the different offer available to me. There were three or four packages of offers from which he had to select and none of them included the lease conquest and the private offer. I'm still happy with deal and needless to say thrilled with the car.

Regards,

APM

Kudos brother and happy motoring :shift:

I am in the Phoenix area - and this is my experience. Out of 3 recommended Ford dealers, only two had 1 Fusion Energi each. The first place I went sold the car before I could even test-drive it. Finally I put a small refundable deposit on one while it was still on the train and that is the car I ended up buying. The dealers are asking for thousands over MSRP. I didn't pay MSRP, but at this point you're not going to get a "deal" because the car is very scarce. I even heard a bunch of sales people talking to each other about a customer who paid $10k over MSRP. I asked my sales person about it and she said it was true. 

I can't even find a PDF for the full owner's manual and the dealer doesn't know how I can get that data. I have the paper copy but want the PDF for my computer. I thought I'd found it, but when I opened the PDF it was for either just the regular Fusion or just the hybrid. The Fusion Energi is still hard to find - even in print. 

I'm learning something new every day but I love the car. 

I am in the Phoenix area - and this is my experience. Out of 3 recommended Ford dealers, only two had 1 Fusion Energi each. The first place I went sold the car before I could even test-drive it. Finally I put a small refundable deposit on one while it was still on the train and that is the car I ended up buying. The dealers are asking for thousands over MSRP. I didn't pay MSRP, but at this point you're not going to get a "deal" because the car is very scarce. I even heard a bunch of sales people talking to each other about a customer who paid $10k over MSRP. I asked my sales person about it and she said it was true. 

I think this is area-dependent, yesterday I visited a dealer (zip 21045) that has 17 Energi VINs listed on the Ford.com inventory site (and using the 'extended inventory' tabs lists dozens from area dealers)... and they list their no-haggle price on their web site which is about $3,000 under MSRP.  I don't blame dealers that try to use supply/demand to their advantage, but I don't think that will last very long as those who shop around may be able to get a good deal or find a dealer that is willing to place a retail order and make $1,000+ on the holdback rather than holding out for someone who is willing to pay more.

I can't even find a PDF for the full owner's manual and the dealer doesn't know how I can get that data. I have the paper copy but want the PDF for my computer. I thought I'd found it, but when I opened the PDF it was for either just the regular Fusion or just the hybrid. The Fusion Energi is still hard to find - even in print. 

I'm learning something new every day but I love the car. 

I think this is area-dependent, yesterday I visited a dealer (zip 21045) that has 17 Energi VINs listed on the Ford.com inventory site (and using the 'extended inventory' tabs lists dozens from area dealers)... and they list their no-haggle price on their web site which is about $3,000 under MSRP.  I don't blame dealers that try to use supply/demand to their advantage, but I don't think that will last very long as those who shop around may be able to get a good deal or find a dealer that is willing to place a retail order and make $1,000+ on the holdback rather than holding out for someone who is willing to pay more.

I think it was jberger that said Arizona is still the Wild West and the Dealers here do some stuff the rest of them can't, or won't, do.

I am in Tucson and my salesman was still giving me the song and dance that they were still going to ask two grand over MSRP for the Energi when I balked because they would not give me the $750 on a coupon from Ford that expired. They said they would just put the car on the lot for sale and I said "go ahead, and I will go to San Diego and buy one of their cars, identical to mine, for less money then I am paying you". You should have see the look on their faces.

If they sold an Energi for 10k over MSRP and let howardbc hear that conversation, they should all be fired. It's one thing to gloat amongst themselves about laying some poor sucker away but it's highly unprofessional to do it in earshot of customers. I hope they all starve to death.

Howardbc, for a PDF of the Energi Owners Manual go to: http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/retail/default.asp?pageid=&gutsid=&kevin=rules and click on Owners Guides, on the left panel, and then 2013, Fusion Hybrid/Energi and then what you want to see, then View Content.

I am in Tucson and my salesman was still giving me the song and dance that they were still going to ask two grand over MSRP for the Energi when I balked because they would not give me the $750 on a coupon from Ford that expired. They said they would just put the car on the lot for sale and I said "go ahead, and I will go to San Diego and buy one of their cars, identical to mine, for less money then I am paying you". You should have see the look on their faces.

I am definitely one that will go a distance to get just the car I want, I really like taking road trips so that helps.   I guess those salesman are banking on customers who are not willing to ventuire beyond their hometown dealer(s).

I am definitely one that will go a distance to get just the car I want, I really like taking road trips so that helps.   I guess those salesman are banking on customers who are not willing to ventuire beyond their hometown dealer(s).

Exactly Jeff, I have traveled a lot of this world and don't have any qualms about traveling 5-600 miles to get a good deal. However, we live in a small community here and I try to give my local vendors my business, so they are there when I need them.

Our local Ford dealer is our only dealer for about 35 miles, although it does stock other makes and models other than Ford. I only asked to be treated fairly and I believe the Dealer tried hard...not so much Ford.

I haven't decided to change to the black one yet, although I'm still considering it. I'm sure I will be able to use the $750 private cash as it now has a 5/31/13 expiration date. I also will be able to take the $1000 lease conquest offer for a total rebate of $3250. Plus the tax credit of $3750.

Wow.  What do you mean by $1000 lease conquest offer?   I'm picking my car up and signing paperwork tomorrow am.  I could stand to find another $1000.

Wow.  What do you mean by $1000 lease conquest offer?   I'm picking my car up and signing paperwork tomorrow am.  I could stand to find another $1000.

Dels will only get the $1,000 lease conquest if he is coming off of another auto maker's lease program and leasing the Energi, within 30 days of the end of the original lease or some time from like that. And if he leases the Energi he will not get a tax credit of $3750, but they will reduce the price of the car by that much.

I haven't looked at the incentives recently but that was the offer when I took delivery of my car.

Dels will only get the $1,000 lease conquest if he is coming off of another auto maker's lease program and leasing the Energi, within 30 days of the end of the original lease or some time from like that. And if he leases the Energi he will not get a tax credit of $3750, but they will reduce the price of the car by that much.

I haven't looked at the incentives recently but that was the offer when I took delivery of my car.

Yes I was just confirmed that by my dealer.  And they will not reduce by the $1500 California EV tax credit.  I'll just claim that one on my 2013 taxes.

If you have a lease from another manufacturer you can get the $1000 lease conquest. The only requirement is that the lease address is the address you are using to buy the car, you don't have to be the lessee. I got it even though the lease is in my wife's name and it is my mother in law's car. You don't even have to terminate the lease. I have used the same lease to purchase a 2013 Explorer in November 2012 and now the Energi.

The asked me for the lease papers and the registration of the car. Both of those have my home address and my wife's name.

By the way, I did not lease the car, I financed it.

Good luck...

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

Well the deal went down without a hitch.  Invoice minus $3500.  The $750 coupon expired end of last month.  But I'm a happy camper.  "Sexy", "reminds me of my BMW", and "I like the Aston Martin front end" , as well as "This is way more luxurious than my car" are the compliments I received first day on my Energi.  

This is one advanced puppy. It'll take me some days to get totally used to every one of the many splendid knick knacks.

Well the deal went down without a hitch.  Invoice minus $3500.  The $750 coupon expired end of last month.  But I'm a happy camper.  "Sexy", "reminds me of my BMW", and "I like the Aston Martin front end" , as well as "This is way more luxurious than my car" are the compliments I received first day on my Energi.  

This is one advanced puppy. It'll take me some days to get totally used to every one of the many splendid knick knacks.

Way to go DelS. I know just how you feel. I'm three weeks into driving mine and STILL don't have all the kinks ironed out. Congrats!!!! :hi5:

Edited by pluggedin

Way to go DelS! What a great deal, and you're right...the technology is amazing.

To counteract the learning curve, I downloaded the most recent manual and saved it to my library. Then I was able to sit in the Energi and go through particular functions with ease.

There are also a ton of great videos on YouTube that show how to use or highlight features of the car. Just search by "2013 Ford Fusion Energi" or "FordOwner" to access the Ford videos.

And of course, there's the best wealth of knowledge right here in this forum;-)

Just purchased a Titanium trim with just moonroof and nav. Negotiated price down to invoice (about $2200 off) and dealer gave me the option of another $1500 off or 0.9% zero down for 60 months. Since the best I could get on auto loans from my credit union is 1.99%, the $1500 was a wash so I went with Ford financing. Total tax credits will be about $5K plus I can apply for HOV lane access.

One more interesting note - if you don't want to wait for the credits, Ford will offer a 2 year lease with purchase option while deducting the federal credit from the purchase price.

This is Redwood City, CA where I thought it would be impossible for anything under MSRP with the amount of hybrid sales for this area. I see way more Teslas than I do Fords. According to trucar.com, I got pretty much the average discount for my area.

On a general note, the 3 different dealers I checked within a 10 mile radius all had 8-10 Titanium Energi models in stock and 2-3 SE Energi models.

What?? $3500 below dealer invoice? You don't mean MSRP, you mean dealer invoice? That's a hell of a deal! Will you negotiate for me on my next car purchase?

If this was a lease, then the $3500 discount off invoice is offset by the dealer cashing in the $3500 tax credit. I was offered this option, but chose to purchase instead.