Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Fusion Energi on dealer lots

PlugMeIn

I am not sure... I thought someone else had gotten one as well, but looking I do not see that -- so maybe! I know I was number 2 at my dealership, same day though. Came off the truck this morning and a Deep Impact Blue Titanium left before I got there (think they said that has been on order for some time).

Looks like the build date on mine was 30.01.2013, and the blue one was 21.02.2013 (to give an idea on shipping times). Looks like mine sat in the parking lot for a while.

Edited by meyersnole

I just test drove this Energi Ti at North Central Ford in Richardson TX: VIN : 3FA6P0SU5DR247466. I checked their inventory today and called to confirm it was in and available. Nice car! I'm typing this from my saleswoman's office while she gets an appraisal on my trade. I'm not buying today but just want to know the numbers.

I just test drove this Energi Ti at North Central Ford in Richardson TX: VIN : 3FA6P0SU5DR247466. I checked their inventory today and called to confirm it was in and available. Nice car! I'm typing this from my saleswoman's office while she gets an appraisal on my trade. I'm not buying today but just want to know the numbers.

Did you end up getting the Fusion Energi?

Did you end up getting the Fusion Energi?

No, they didn't want to sell their first dealer stock Energi to me at the X-plan price, which I can understand. I also need to narrow down my final color choice and am on the fence for the '13 or wait until the order books for the '14s open on April 15th for end-July Mexico production start, end-Aug Michigan production start. I'm hoping they'll add any of these in '14 on the Energi Titanium: a rim option, dune leather option, dual integrated exhaust tips, and or LED Daytime Running Lights. I'm not in a hurry so want to keep my options open if some cool additions are coming in the next 5-10 months. I'll probably keep it for awhile so I'm being picky.

I really like the car and it drove great, very similar to my test drives of the FFH SEs. I'd definitely recommend it. I did a 9 mile drive, 2 of which were on the expressway and the ICE kicked in to assist as I quickly merged into 70mph traffic without a worry. Initial reading showed 18 miles of electric range and it finished with 13. The climate control was off but the delay wipers were on. Even pulled over for about 5 minutes to flip through many of the display settings and some MFT screens. Really liked the push button start and didn't have to mess with the key in the stalk with the extra fob dangling and hitting my knee like in the FFH. The trunk was bigger than I thought it would be but I had small expectations from seeing other's pictures. I could probably fit 2 golf bags w/clubs in there, stacked one on top of the other. Grocery bags shouldn't be a problem and if your canned goods escape their bag, they don't have far to roll around!

I'm also on the fence about buying a '13 or waiting to see what new options show up for '14.  My dream would be for a US version of the Mondeo Energi wagon: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-ford-mondeo-wagon-paris-2012/#photo-5323692 .  It's the perfect alternative for those of us who need to put more than a purse in the the trunk (and it even looks better, to me).  I traded an Audi A6 wagon for my FFH, and my only regret is the lack of hauling capacity.  I'm also hoping for a Dune leather option (can't stand black interiors).

Do you think Ford reads this forum?

• 3 weeks later...

I know there are 3 Energi's at Metro Ford in Miami, FL. One black, one white platinum and one ice storm

Still waiting for my car to come, although they finally agreed to sell me one of the stock units at X-Plan price. I like the black and have been thinking of getting it instead of waiting for the grey.. but I already have 2 black cars in the garage, (2013 Explorer and 1999 Covertte), and I think 3 black cars will be entirely too much!

Regards,

APM

I know there are 3 Energi's at Metro Ford in Miami, FL. One black, one white platinum and one ice storm

Still waiting for my car to come, although they finally agreed to sell me one of the stock units at X-Plan price. I like the black and have been thinking of getting it instead of waiting for the grey.. but I already have 2 black cars in the garage, (2013 Explorer and 1999 Covertte), and I think 3 black cars will be entirely too much!

Regards,

APM

Did you have the $750 private cash offer on your deal? If you switch to stock it will come off the deal.

Did you have the $750 private cash offer on your deal? If you switch to stock it will come off the deal.

I haven't decided to change to the black one yet, although I'm still considering it. I'm sure I will be able to use the $750 private cash as it now has a 5/31/13 expiration date. I also will be able to take the $1000 lease conquest offer for a total rebate of $3250. Plus the tax credit of $3750.

I think that in the end I'm getting a good deal.. the sticker price of the car is $45,815, but since I ordered before the prices went up, I will get it for $42,881 on the X-Plan. Taking the $7000 off, the net price will be $35881, plus taxes and fees.

Hybrids tend to hold their value over time better than conventional cars... I just sold my 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid with 30K miles and Premiun Care ESP until 9/12/14 or 48K miles for $19,500. I purchase the car in Sept 2009 for $31,400 plus $700 for the ESP. I got a $1,700 tax rebate for this one, so the total cost was $30,400. I was able to recoup 64% of the value, which I think is pretty good. I don't think that even leases get that high of a residual value.

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

I don't like to contradict my good friend meyersnole but I think it is reverse of what you said here. My dealer kept telling me I might not get the $750 or the $1,500 because both coupons state you must buy a car from "stock".

As you know, I did not get the $750 because the coupon I had in hand had expired, even though there were other coupons out there with later expiration dates...I just did not happen to have one. I am currently working to get that money back through @FordService and should have an answer today. I'll let you know.

Keep in mind:

Here's the latest 2014 Fusion information available from Donlin...
04/15/2013  2014MY Order Bank Open Date
05/16/2013  2014MY Scheduling Begins - Hermosillo Plant
07/17/2013  2014MY Scheduling Begins - Flat Rock
07/15/2013  2014MY Job #1 Date - Hermosillo Plant
08/26/2013  2014MY Job #1 Date - Flat Rock Plant

Also the April 2013 incentives are out and seem similar.

As you know, I did not get the $750 because the coupon I had in hand had expired, even though there were other coupons out there with later expiration dates...I just did not happen to have one. I am currently working to get that money back through @FordService and should have an answer today. I'll let you know.

Here is a direct quote from @FordService: "I looked into it further and regardless of expiration, it turns out your model Fusion was ineligible for that offer. Sorry, man".

I did not get my $750!?!?!?!?!?!?!? According to Ford, then, you guys are lying to me about getting $750 off on your cars.

Edited by pluggedin

Sorry to hear that brother.

We did get the $750, maybe our dealer lost out when we signed the rebate over to them. I asked him "what if they do not give you the rebate for some reason". He said Ford had tried to argue paying them before, but always ends up paying them. Thats all I know.

Edited by FusionEnergi

I haven't decided to change to the black one yet, although I'm still considering it. I'm sure I will be able to use the $750 private cash as it now has a 5/31/13 expiration date. I also will be able to take the $1000 lease conquest offer for a total rebate of $3250. Plus the tax credit of $3750.

I think that in the end I'm getting a good deal.. the sticker price of the car is $45,815, but since I ordered before the prices went up, I will get it for $42,881 on the X-Plan. Taking the $7000 off, the net price will be $35881, plus taxes and fees.

Hybrids tend to hold their value over time better than conventional cars... I just sold my 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid with 30K miles and Premiun Care ESP until 9/12/14 or 48K miles for $19,500. I purchase the car in Sept 2009 for $31,400 plus $700 for the ESP. I got a $1,700 tax rebate for this one, so the total cost was $30,400. I was able to recoup 64% of the value, which I think is pretty good. I don't think that even leases get that high of a residual value.

Regards,

APM

If your expiration date is 5/31 then I take it back... I did not know they were extending them that long. Pretty funny game they are playing, raising the price of the options on the car and then putting extra incentives out there.

I don't like to contradict my good friend meyersnole but I think it is reverse of what you said here. My dealer kept telling me I might not get the $750 or the $1,500 because both coupons state you must buy a car from "stock".

I think that may be what it said on mine too, but my dealer was able to apply it to the deal. Basically once they got it to be accepted into the system they were happy (and so was I!). So sorry to hear about all of the things your dealer put you through.