Ford Fusion Energi Forum

No lights, no charge, no start, nothing...

Motosean

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm starting to have this issue as well. There is a vampire draw that kills the battery over about 2-3 days... Problem is the battery itself is fine, takes about 100 Wh to charge it which is spot on. The car doesn't disconnect whatever's on there and the battery drops to 5v, probably permanently damaging it.

If anyone is reading this, never Ford again! So many problems. Ring light burned out, 1 month outside of warranty. Rear strut mount replaced, 2 months out of warranty. Recall #1. Recall #2.

One dealer wants hundreds of dollars to 'diagnose' and the other said they'd do SSM 47428 for a $115 fee. I thought SSM's were covered outside of warranty?

Load test the battery.  That means measure the voltage with a 100 amp load on the battery.  If it drops below 10.5 to 11 volts it is a bad battery.

I use this one:

https://www.amazon.com/OTC-3180-Battery-Load-Tester/dp/B000F5HU6C/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?keywords=battery+load+tester&qid=1567690923&s=gateway&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNlFHR0dUSEVSRzJCJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODE4ODkxMk1NQUY2WkNaT0gxMCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTA2MzA2M0hIUU5HRkdENjJRViZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

If the battery is okay then the next place to check is in the trunk.  Just in front of the 12 volt battery there are several wires that over time end up laying on the top of a thin metal panel.  If the vibration rubs the insulation off of a wire you get a short to ground.  I modified my car a long time ago by wrapping all of the wires with thick foam to prevent the wires from touching the panel.