Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Loads of '19s left

jsamp

Usually this time of year the old MY cars start going on discount to make room for the next year.  With no 2020 Fusion, it seems there are loads of 2019 Energi's still waiting to be sold.  There are over 100 of them within a 20 mile radius of me (Silicon Valley, CA).  I wonder if Ford made extras to use up existing stock of components?  They are not selling in quite the quantities as years past, but still ~600/month.  Seems odd that there would be so many left when the MY is changing over.

Thoughts?  Are there many available in your area?

Edited by jsamp

The last I heard the Fusion will be continued into at least 2021. I had only heard that the Fusion Sport would not see 2020. 

The 2019 Energi didn't go into assembly until late August of 2018 so I think there is still time to clear the MY 19s out if they stick to the same schedule.

There are 45 2019 Energi's within 50 miles of Seattle. There is even one 2018!

Edited by Dave_G

Where did you hear that the Fusion was continuing?  Do you have a source for that?  Ford announced they were exiting sedans in 2020 except for the Mustang and "one other" that was unspecified.  So far the only 2020 model they've announced is the Explorer.

The interesting thing is that my closest dealer has 35 total Fusions, 22 of which are Energi's.  That is a very high percentage.

Where did you hear that the Fusion was continuing?  Do you have a source for that?  Ford announced they were exiting sedans in 2020 except for the Mustang and "one other" that was unspecified.  So far the only 2020 model they've announced is the Explorer.

The interesting thing is that my closest dealer has 35 total Fusions, 22 of which are Energi's.  That is a very high percentage.

Car and Driver is where I read the latest news on the Fusion's future: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27791904/ford-fusion-lineup-dies-2021/