Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Available now - the all new 2013 Fusion Energi

meyersnole

Got an email today with the same subject as this thread.

it reads:

Announcing the Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid
Its sleek and athletic lines convey agility and power. Yet this is also one incredibly efficient vehicle, with an EPA-estimated rating of 108 city MPGe.* The all-new Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid can make trips of up to an EPA-estimated 620** miles without stopping for gas or a recharge when starting with a full tank of gas and fully charged battery. Plus, it delivers up to an EPA-estimated 21-mile range on a fully charged battery.**

With some other little blurbs in there. Hopefully this means that they are ready to start pumping these things out! It has been 5 weeks since I ordered and still do not have a VIN (that I know about). Plan to send an email to my salesman on Thursday to again check progress.

Anybody else get this email?

Yes, I got it and had the same feelings as you did.

My window sticker shows 100 mgpe and 43 mpg gas only. So we lost 8 mpge's and 4 mpg gas only, with all the bells and whistles that we hung on the Titanium. However, the real world figures will likely be worse than that, if the experience of the folks on the Fusion Hybrid and C-Max Hybrid and Energi forums is any gauge. Its been awhile since I have been on those forums though, maybe they are doing better.

I didn't get the email but it will be 5 weeks tomorrow (2/26) since I ordered and I also have not seen a vin yet.

The waiting is starting to annoy me.

Over 40 years ago I worked for Philco-Ford and ordered a 1968 Ford XL direct from the factory (a dealer was not involved).

I had it in three weeks.  It went to a local dealer and they paid him $100 to prep it for delivery.

Yes, I got it and had the same feelings as you did.

My window sticker shows 100 mgpe and 43 mpg gas only. So we lost 8 mpge's and 4 mpg gas only, with all the bells and whistles that we hung on the Titanium. However, the real world figures will likely be worse than that, if the experience of the folks on the Fusion Hybrid and C-Max Hybrid and Energi forums is any gauge. Its been awhile since I have been on those forums though, maybe they are doing better.

I think the whole mpge has a bit of refinement left to go... I was amazed when I saw the fusion and the cmax had the same rating... what?  I just hope that the 21 miles range is close to right. I have a 22 mile round trip to work and still lobbying my employer for a charger. Going to just ask for plug next.

I know that when I run the air (it gets hot here... not going to trade comfort for range) I am going to lose some. I will probably ride to work with my coat on though.

I think the whole mpge has a bit of refinement left to go... I was amazed when I saw the fusion and the cmax had the same rating... what?  I just hope that the 21 miles range is close to right. I have a 22 mile round trip to work and still lobbying my employer for a charger. Going to just ask for plug next.

I know that when I run the air (it gets hot here... not going to trade comfort for range) I am going to lose some. I will probably ride to work with my coat on though.

I just read a post on the C-Max Energi forum and the owner said he was getting right at 21 miles on a charge, even though the guesstimater on the car was showing a potential for more.

Funny, about not giving up comfort for miles. I just said those same words to my wife a few hours ago. You KNOW it gets warm here.

Edited by pluggedin

I just read a post on the C-Max Energi forum and the owner said he was getting right at 21 miles on a charge, even though the guesstimater on the car was showing a potential for more.

Funny, about not giving up comfort for miles. I just said those same words to my wife a few hours ago. You KNOW it gets warm here.

YES. Was in Phoenix a few years back, and even if it is a dry heat 118 is HOT. loved how quickly things cooled off after the sun went down.

Good to hear about the range, that is one of my bigger anxieties.

OK, over on blue oval and read this. Thought I would bring it over here... looks like the gates are opening up! :hi5:   :happy feet: 

Here is a copy of the actual dealer notice:

FUSION – Commodities will vary by dealer

On February 28 – Scheduling Unscheduled Allocation in Week 9

Ginger Ale paint (JY) will not be selected for scheduling. This paint has balanced out.

Fusion Titanium Hybrid orders (P0R), retail or stock, are now eligible for scheduling.

Retail Fusion Energi Scheduling

The Okay to Buy has been achieved for Fusion Energi PHEV orders (P0P or P0S). Retail orders are

now eligible to schedule.

Please consider ordering the optional 18” Gloss Black Aluminum Wheel (64M) when ordering an SE with

Followed by

YES - Orders are now being scheduled for production.  On Friday AM, check with your dealer to see the status of your order.  Good luck.  Preliminary indications are for the week of 3/18/2013 scheduling but that's not confirmed until Thursday night.

Actual post here ==> http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52490-progress-on-orders-for-fusion-energi-and-hybrid-titanium/?p=834346