Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Order/Build Thread

pluggedin

Strange that they show up as 2002 Transits but mine also shows a 30-11-0002 build date. Unless 0002 means 2012 that seems like it has a 2002 build date. I'm all messed up.

Ā 

The '30-11-0002' is the default for a VIN that has not yet been built... from what I've seen when checking these, the build date will normally populate in Etis on the day following the build, and then a few days after that the dropdown of the features below that will be populated.

Ā 

Also - all of the Fusions show up as Transit Connects for unknown reason.

Edited by jeff_h

Also - all of the Fusions show up as Transit Connects for unknown reason.

Ā 

If you are checking on etis, it IS known... That is a European website, where they do not have Fusions. It is showing a default, just like the build dates that aren't assigned yet.Ā  :-)

Ā 

The rest of the data is correct.

Edited by shaggy314

If you are checking on etis, it IS known... That is a European website, where they do not have Fusions. It is showing a default, just like the build dates that aren't assigned yet.Ā  :-)

Ā 

The rest of the data is correct.

Ā 

But they do have the Mondeo! Mondeo is a Fusion for the EU. No doubt the rest of the info on Etis is likely correct, though the drop down of the features can be misleading at best.

I am so pissed, my car is still awaiting shipment while some cars made weeks after mine on a rail car. My car is one month old today and the only one driving the thing is a Mexican in a Hermosillo parking lot.

Ā 

Sorry about the holdup, you figure that the early bird gets the worm and so you order right away, and blammo it turns into a "hurry up and wait", which sucks.

Ā 

Hopefully they aren't using it for tortilla runs, be sure to hit the eject button on the CD player when you finally get the car.

Ā 

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51820-from-hermosillo-mexico-with-love/

Sorry about the holdup, you figure that the early bird gets the worm and so you order right away, and blammo it turns into a "hurry up and wait", which sucks.

Ā 

Hopefully they aren't using it for tortilla runs, be sure to hit the eject button on the CD player when you finally get the car.

Ā 

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51820-from-hermosillo-mexico-with-love/

Yeah, I figure they are really shuckin' and jivin' to the Mariachi music with my twelve speaker Sony system. Loved your response jeff_h.

Yeah, I figure they are really shuckin' and jivin' to the Mariachi music with my twelve speaker Sony system. Loved your response jeff_h.

Ā 

I loved the response from JSKershaw (whose Fusion was built on Oct 19th and sat there for 3Ā½ months, he just got it 2 weeks ago), he said "so THAT'S the reason for the holdup on all these cars, everyone is looking for that CD!"

Be patient brother, good things come to those who wait. In March you will be driving yours.

Yes, I know patience is a virtue. My continued prayer is that God will give me more patience and that He will give it to me right now.

Edited by pluggedin

But they do have the Mondeo! Mondeo is a Fusion for the EU. No doubt the rest of the info on Etis is likely correct, though the drop down of the features can be misleading at best.

Ā 

You are correct and if you had put in a Mondeo VIN...

Ā 

While the models are the same base, there are differences, so they aren't THE same and VIN model (P0S, P0P, etc.) aren't same either.

Ā 

I read somewhere else that cars are built and if there is an issue with parts or shipping they get parked and then the load newest first, parking more, so it can get to be months before they drain the whole lot to get to the oldest ones. My sales manager said they'd got a Fusion built 6 months ago a week after getting ones built 4 weeks prior... One hopes they keep track of customer orders and ship them sooner, but who knows.

Edited by shaggy314

OK... call me impatient. Got a call at work today that my dealer got a fully loaded Platinum White energi... there went my productivity at work... Decided it would be worth skipping the wait to spend the extra $720 on the active park assist and live with the spoiler... so I got 133.6 mpge on the way home! Did this on about 18 miles of mixed driving (what it told me it would go on battery) and had 3 miles left once parked in the garage. Turned the climate control off, but the lights and stereo were going. :shift: :rockon:

OK... call me impatient. Got a call at work today that my dealer got a fully loaded Platinum White energi... there went my productivity at work... Decided it would be worth skipping the wait to spend the extra $720 on the active park assist and live with the spoiler... so I got 133.6 mpge on the way home! Did this on about 18 miles of mixed driving (what it told me it would go on battery) and had 3 miles left once parked in the garage. Turned the climate control off, but the lights and stereo were going. :shift: :rockon:

Ā 

CONGRATS...I think there will be many doing what you did! Keep giving us reports on how it goes!!!

It took a little bit of work but I was able to keep all my incentives $750 private cash (which officially expired) and the $1500 cash rebate. Also still got the xplan. Pretty excited right now... but also a little bit behind the schedule. Was waiting until the car was scheduled before installing the l2 charger and now have a car to list and sell.

I'd do the same, but my dealer only has some base SE's coming in. I continue to wait.

Ā 

Congrats!

I'm speechless with envy but thrilled to see another Energi on the road and it's you behind the wheel. The mpge's blow me away. So happy for you meyersnole.

Ā 

I was looking at dealer stock myself this evening but I would have to go to Phoenix or Los Angeles and did not see anything I wanted anyway. So I will wait for a car that is produced but doesn't seem to be able to find a rail car.

Ā 

You have a lot on your plate but keep us informed when you can. Happy wheels to you!

Very excited that you can get the range that was quoted on the car with a full charge. Not sure what is going to happen in the summer time, because I will be running the air conditioner.

Ā 

Also surprised by how well it did on mpge. I thought by the sticker we were suppose to do around 100, 30% higher is a very nice surprise.

Ā 

Oh, another interesting note. It seems my car was selected for additional quality control, so when I first test drove it there was 36 miles on the odometer (27 from the factory according to the sticker that was in the window). I also have the buttons for the sunroof etc vs the touch areas for those controls. Think I like them a little better.

Ā 

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Ā If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Ā 

Congratulations on getting your new vehicle and still getting a good x-plan deal with incentives. How exciting.

Ā 

With only the drive home, your experience is limited, but can you give us your impressions of the feel of the car and its performance, noting any differences between the Energi and the FFHs you (and many readers) have driven?

Ā 

Also, hopefully you've been able to sleep (not in the car!) and let it fully charge up overnight. How long did it take to charge using the standard L1 120v charger?

Ā 

Thanks for reporting as our eyes & ears and driver in the seat. Enjoy!