Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Order/Build Thread

pluggedin

Took delivery today!! After a few delays from their estimates, the dealership finally got it yesterday, but my wife and I couldn't get to the dealer until today! That was a tough enough wait, so I really feel for those of you who've been waiting for months! The dealership got their first three Energis in in the last two days and sold them all today. Mine, a white one and a black one. I'll remind you I happened to find my car as a dealer ordered car about three weeks ago. They gave me the history on it and it shows the dealer ordered it in November. I lucked out big time that no one else had spoken for my beauty in that time.

I'll post more in my own thread in the welcome section I think. Just wanted to update everyone on my order/build/delivery in this thread and so the database can be updated.

Edited by Scooter80

Well mine is still sitting at a rail yard, 30 minutes away from my house. Ā Still has to go another 45 minutes south, then I gotta wait another 3 days for it get to me......awesome!!!

Same scenario. I THINK mine is in Phoenix by now and then it needs to come back to Tucson by car carrier. At least it's not in Mexico. I hope to have it by next week.

Good luck! Mine is still on the ramp in Mexico.

Oh nooooo! I thought I was the only one in the Energi (manufactured in February) club who was still waiting for their car to ship. Here is hoping your car gets on a train this week rprobst.

Ā 

I really feel for those poor folks who are still waiting for their HyTi's too. I hope that all straightens out for them soon.

I went to the dealership on Friday morning to get my mud guards installed, unfortunately they ordered the wrong ones (previous gen Fusion). However, I am working with sales person to get these installed and heard from him that they left my original order as is, so I continue to check on it with the inventory tool. It is amazing to me how long it takes to order a car.

Ā 

This is the first time I have tried to do this, but is this normal? I ordered January 21st, and from what I can tell the car is not showing up as ordered by the dealer. I can understand why this was happening back in Jan and before. But now that the line is moving, I would have thought 8-10 weeks to get a car ordered was about the right time line. It will be interesting to keep following this to see how long it would have taken. Coming up on week 9 Monday.

Ā 

Edit: I really feel for all of you still waiting because you were not lucky enough to have a viable option at your dealership! Here is hoping all of your builds pass my order.

Edited by meyersnole

This is the first time I have tried to do this, but is this normal? I ordered January 21st, and from what I can tell the car is not showing up as ordered by the dealer.

Ā 

Could it be that the dealer does not have allocation for that model and this order is pending for that reason?Ā  Mine was submitted the evening I was at the dealer, I got the VOC, and 13 days later (didn't think it was worth checking before then) I started a cyberdman thread and it was unscheduled-clean with status date of the day I watched the dealer submit the order.Ā 

Could it be that the dealer does not have allocation for that model and this order is pending for that reason?Ā  Mine was submitted the evening I was at the dealer, I got the VOC, and 13 days later (didn't think it was worth checking before then) I started a cyberdman thread and it was unscheduled-clean with status date of the day I watched the dealer submit the order.Ā 

I wrote that incorrectly. I meant to say the car does not appear to have a build date yet. Yes, it was unscheduled clean in about the same time period.

This is the first time I have tried to do this, but is this normal? I ordered January 21st, and from what I can tell the car is not showing up as ordered by the dealer. I can understand why this was happening back in Jan and before. But now that the line is moving, I would have thought 8-10 weeks to get a car ordered was about the right time line. It will be interesting to keep following this to see how long it would have taken. Coming up on week 9 Monday.

I've special ordered my previous three vehicles (Including now the Energi) and I can say that this is NOT normal... Kind of...

Ā 

My wifes 2011 Explorer was straight forward. Ordered mid January, delivered early March. The 2011 Mustang was kind of like these Energi's. Mine was scheduled andĀ built once the order banks were opened, but they sat at Auto AlianceĀ for a while waiting on a suppler part. And that Mustang group was going crazyĀ just like us here, even posting Google Earth pics of all of theĀ Mustangs sitting at the plant, waiting...Ā 

Ā 

All three cars were at the beginning of the model change.

I went to the dealership on Friday morning to get my mud guards installed, unfortunately they ordered the wrong ones (previous gen Fusion). However, I am working with sales person to get these installed and heard from him that they left my original order as is, so I continue to check on it with the inventory tool. It is amazing to me how long it takes to order a car.

Ā 

Ā 

Edit: I really feel for all of you still waiting because you were not lucky enough to have a viable option at your dealership! Here is hoping all of your builds pass my order.

I am going to try to have mud gaurds installed this week too. My guess is I will have to order them as well, even though my salesman has known about them for awhile now. I am supposed to take delivery on Tuesday of this week. We'll see.

Ā 

Their does not seem to be any rhyme or reason in how the factory does its scheduling...there are just too many variables involved. God forbid their short a suplier part while the car is on the line or your grand kids might be taking delivery.

Ā 

BTW, I was quoted 8-12 weeks. This week begins week 21. Maybe they just inverted the 1 and the 2.

Just ordered tonight with X-plan. Ā Don't have VIN yet, but apparently orders are pulled on Thursdays, so I'm hoping my VIN is created tomorrow so I can fill in more fields below. Ā First Energi ordered from Framingham (MA) Ford. Ā Was quoted 8-10 weeks for delivery.

Ā 

Model:Ā Ā Ruby Red 2013 Fusion Energi SE w/Dune Leather (Moonroof, driver assist, adaptive cruise, park assist, reverse sense)

Date Ordered: Wednesday, 1/24/12

Promised Delivery time:Ā 8-10 weeks

VIN Available:Ā 3fa6p0puxdr270637

Window Sticker Available: ?

Scheduled Build Week:Ā 4/1/2012

Scheduled Build Date:Ā TBD

Actual Build Date:Ā TBD

Released from Factory for Shipping:Ā TBD

Rail car ID available:Ā TBD

Estimated Delivery Date:Ā ?

Estimated Delivery Date:Ā 

Actual Delivery Date:Ā TBD

State:Ā MA

As of Friday, I FINALLY have my VIN! 3fa6p0puxdr270637

Ā 

Dealer indicated build week is April 1, but currently no projected delivery date, yet. Ā I'm a bit disappointed that I was originally quoted 8-10 weeks and probably won't be getting mine until May, but what can be done.

Edited by rspray

As of Friday, I FINALLY have my VIN! 3fa6p0puxdr270637

Ā 

Dealer indicated build week is April 1, but currently no projected delivery date, yet. Ā I'm a bit disappointed that I was originally quoted 8-10 weeks and probably won't be getting mine until May, but what can be done.

Congratulations on getting scheduled!

ETSI JUST updated, my car built date was 3/22, a day early! Now they need to load it on a train....hopefully going the right way.

Congrats, Taylorjd, it's been a long time coming. I almost feel like we're giving birth to a baby!!!! Here's hoping they get yours on a train quicker than they did mine.

Ā 

My car is SUPPOSED to be ready for delivery tomorrow, but I may need to put taking delivery off until Wednesday because Mr Electric will be here in the morning to install my charger and I have a pin hole leak in my water line going from the meter to the house and may have a plumber here too. When it rains....

Edited by pluggedin

Oh yeah, oh yeah! My car is at the dealer tonight. I will pick it up tomorrow!

Ā 

Turns out this is not either one of the cars I have been tracking. My local dealer found a car at another dealer just like the one I had ordered and got it for me. I am so happy with the service they have provided; Sunnyvale Ford is a stand-up dealer.

Edited by rprobst

Oh yeah, oh yeah! My car is at the dealer tonight. I will pick it up tomorrow!

Ā 

Turns out this is not either one of the cars I have been tracking. My local dealer found a car at another dealer just like the one I had ordered and got it for me. I am so happy with the service they have provided; Sunnyvale Ford is a stand-up dealer.

Fantastic news, rprobst! Congrats.

Ā 

Let me know whether or not your dealer will honor your $750 incentive coupon. Mine would not, because all the $750 (had 3) expired 3/4/13. They finally reduced the price of the car by $375, because I threatened to walk away from the car, and told me to call Ford for the money. It was their contention that once the coupon expired Ford would not reimburse them.

Ā 

I was thoroughly pissed and do intend to call Ford. It wasn't my fault the car didn't get to me before 3/4/13 and I was actually shocked that the coupon expired because I had it in my mind that they were good until 4/1/13.

I currently have four $750 coupons in my possession.Ā 

Two of them expired 3/4/13 and the other two expire 3/29/13.Ā 

My car will be built the week of April 1.

There is supposed to be a way for a dealer to lock in a coupon before it expires.

We will see.

They do all say purchased from dealer stock so possibly a retail order doesn't count.

I currently have four $750 coupons in my possession.Ā 

Two of them expired 3/4/13 and the other two expire 3/29/13.Ā 

My car will be built the week of April 1.

There is supposed to be a way for a dealer to lock in a coupon before it expires.

We will see.

They do all say purchased from dealer stock so possibly a retail order doesn't count.

The dealer swore there is no way to lock in a coupon even though I showed them posts, that I copied from here, where others were saying their dealers were locking in the incentive. Regardless, they would not honor the coupon.

Ā 

They gave me that song and dance about retail orders too until I pointed out to them that my name was never on the their order. That stopped that nonsense.