Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Energi is getting closer to 'available'

jsamp

I noticed this morning (1/14)  that the Ford web site was changed.  The "hybrids and EVs" tab used to have the Fusion Energi in the "future models" section.  It is no longer there, but also not listed under the available models either.

If production is supposed to start Jan 21, you'd think they'd let you order one by now.

When I ordered mine January 10th, they quoted me 6 to 20 week wait time. They tried explaining to me the wide estimate, it didn't make much sense about build orders and parts suply constraints. I not sure why if I'm order number 987 (random number), I'm not the 987th one made or heck customer order in front of an inventory order...

When I ordered mine January 10th, they quoted me 6 to 20 week wait time. They tried explaining to me the wide estimate, it didn't make much sense about build orders and parts suply constraints. I not sure why if I'm order number 987 (random number), I'm not the 987th one made or heck customer order in front of an inventory order...t

Probably because the Energi is built on the same assembly line at the regular Fusion, Fusion Hybrid, and Lincoln MKZ.  To make it more complicated, that plants serves a lot of markets other than the US and Canada.  Orders come in from all over.  To produce cars efficiently, and to keep the supply chain working at a steady rate, they have to balance orders with production capacity, which is limited by the supply chain.  The supply chain is set to deliver parts at a steady rate, it can't ramp up and down quickly, nor would you want it to from  quality or cost stand point. 

The bottom line is there a huge number of complex factors (analyzed and decided by a computer no doubt) goes into the production sequencing.

ETA of 2/15, that's great! I hope it comes that soon but I wouldn't be surprised if it was later. Ford usually holds the first production batch of a new model for 4-6 weeks before giving the OK to buy, and releasing to the public. Maybe it will be quicker since the C-Max Energi is already out.

Has anyone been able to confirm that production started this week?

ETA of 2/15, that's great! I hope it comes that soon but I wouldn't be surprised if it was later. Ford usually holds the first production batch of a new model for 4-6 weeks before giving the OK to buy, and releasing to the public. Maybe it will be quicker since the C-Max Energi is already out. Has anyone been able to confirm that production started this week?

I got pretty excited yesterday when I was told they pulled the parts for my car last Friday and that they could build the car any time after that. But you may be right and only time will tell...que sera sera.

Edited by pluggedin

Ok, how are you guys getting parts pulled information? /pout

The rumor was production started Monday. Ford is showing online that there are 3 ordered by dealers for their lots in Central Texas. Oddly they are all base level SE versions.

The only way I know to get parts pulled information is to call your salesman and have him ask his central order person to let you know when that happens. If they balk for some reason I would want to know why. Ask them to give you their order number and a print out of the options you ordered, if you don't already have it.