Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Mexican Auto Production Rates with World Best

pluggedin

I found this article on the Fusion Hybrid Forum and thought folks looking here would be interested to know how well and how fast the Mexicans can produce a car. Here is a link to the article:

http://azstarnet.com/business/mexico-auto-production-rates-with-world-s-best/article_c2ca81ef-3125-5360-8fd6-5f67797d41d5.html

The article says it takes about 18 hours to manufacture a vehicle and they will produce about 62 Fusions and MKZ's an hour, once the production line is in full swing in 2013. A little more than 1 per minute.

I must admit that I was a little apprehensive about buying the Fusion when I found it was being produced in Mexico, about 250 miles from me. But I have seen the cars and they look great and the reviews of the cars have been very good. And this article helped my confidence in the Mexico plant because it is state of the art in the industry.

I mean, the Mexicans built my house, pretty much, and I hire them to take care of my yard. They are good, hard working, people and do quality work, most of the time (like anyone else). The only things in my house not touched by a Mexican is my furniture...most of that was made in China. What ever happened to American made? Yeah, don't get me started.

My wife was a little uneasy about the cars coming off line so quickly though.