Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Hello

mona

Hi there. Just found this site. I own a Fusion, am thinking about a hybrid, not sure if it's for me though.

I currently have a 2011 FFH and used to have a Camry Hybrid. The FFH is much better and is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I have 29,000 miles on the car and have 39.1 MPG since I've had the car.

ChuckJ

Edited by ChuckJ

Chuck,

What makes the Fusion Hybrid better than your Camry Hybrid?

Better mileage- after 3 years with the Camry Hybrid I had a long term mileage of 35.3 and driving in the same conditions the FFH is 39.1. The new Camry is higher, but still not 47/47.

Better gauges- More detail enables one to drive it for better mileage.

Nicer interior-

Great side mirror traffic warning lights

Better GPS

Better radio

Nicer to be able to hold 45 MPH in electric.

Negatives: No pass through in < 2013

ChuckJ

I think EVERYBODY is considering mpg when purchasing a new vehicle. What with the price of gas like a roller coaster.  Big difference between 35.3 and 39.1, esp. in the long run. And that's what we are all looking at. Very cool that they incorporated better gauges to enable you to get better mileage.  Thanks for your input. Very informative.

• 2 months later...

Hi. I am interested in buying a Ford Fusion Hybrid Plug-in but want to hear what other owners have to say about it. I currently own a Toyota Prius (for 5+ years) and it is okay but the idea of plugging in my car every day really appeals to me. I live in the Phoenix area so the heat is of concern to me. Have there been any issues in the Southwest with high temperatures affecting the battery life? Thank you in advance for any feedback. 

I live in the Phoenix area so the heat is of concern to me. Have there been any issues in the Southwest with high temperatures affecting the battery life? 

Take a look at: http://ev.sae.org/article/11705 (from another thread on this forum).

Quoting from the article:

Ford has seen no durability problem with its battery pack from hot soak itself, Portalatin told AEI. So long as the vehicle is parked, peak temperatures in the battery compartment don’t affect battery capacity or longevity. Once the Energi is in use and the A/C is turned on (which can be assumed in very hot weather), pack temperatures quickly lower to an acceptable level.

Take a look at: http://ev.sae.org/article/11705 (from another thread on this forum). Quoting from the article: Ford has seen no durability problem with its battery pack from hot soak itself, Portalatin told AEI. So long as the vehicle is parked, peak temperatures in the battery compartment don’t affect battery capacity or longevity. Once the Energi is in use and the A/C is turned on (which can be assumed in very hot weather), pack temperatures quickly lower to an acceptable level.

Thanks for posting that - it helps build the Fusion Energi Communuity!  :hi5: