Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Modem in Car 3G Upgrade?

PJFW8

My modem upgrade was completed today.  I just finished charging the battery.  The dash indicates 24 miles but MFM says 19 miles.  19 miles was the dash reading when I dropped the car off yesterday for the update. :gaah:

Welcome to the club! :(  Can you change go times or charging locations from MFM?  Doesn't seem to sync anymore for me.

Go Times stopped working for me post-replacement, but only until I realized the schedule had gotten turned off somehow. I turned it back on and now Go Times are working again.

If the worst thing that happens as a result of this upgrade is the remaining miles are broken, I'm personally not at all concerned. I'm sure there are some who depend on this functionality for something, but not me. Remote start/stop/lock/unlock/level-of-charge and Go Time setting works at least as well as it used to (possibly better) and that's all I really need. I'm very happy.

Welcome to the club! :(  Can you change go times or charging locations from MFM?  Doesn't seem to sync anymore for me.

Yes I can set GO times from the MFM website.  I also found that I had to re-enable the schedule in the car.

The red GO Times schedule sync is pending for Sparky. never goes away however.

I have never has a charge schedule since my electric rates are the same 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Yes I can set GO times from the MFM website.  I also found that I had to re-enable the schedule in the car.

The red GO Times schedule sync is pending for Sparky. never goes away however.

I have never has a charge schedule since my electric rates are the same 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Mine did finally sync, but like you.  The "Pending" note remains. 

Called my dealer to make an appointment to get my modem replaced.  They said they must see the modem as each one is coded uniquely and can't be looked up via the VIN.

They also said it's not something I can drive in and they can look at as it takes a few hours.  Not sure I believe it takes more than a few minutes.   

I just had to call the dealer, they looked up my car, ordered the part and called me a couple of days later to make an appointment.  Had it replaced Monday.  Washed the car for me too, but didn't charge it.  That's ok, I'm just happy that they got it done in a day and it was waiting for me when I stopped by after work.

I, too, found that MFM is not updating the miles.  It is reporting 0 miles for me, which is what the car was at when I dropped it off (seems consistent with what others have seen).  I just now deleted the car using the MFM website and am adding it back in.  Have to wait 24 hours to get it reactivated.  I'll let you know if that fixes it.

Edited by dperreno

Since Rogers (the telecom who supplies mfm coverage here in Canada) isn't abandoning 2g yet I was expecting to be waiting until they are to have my modem replaced. However I recieved the letter today. Since there is nothing wrong with my current modem though I'll be waiting until they get some of these issues others have reported here sorted out.

Stuck by a crooked dealer... I got a runaround for weeks from my local dealer, Downtown Ford in Sacramento, about getting the part. Now, when I took it to another dealer, it shows the modem was already installed. Seems I got screwed by DT Fraud and Ford says tough luck, no modem? Ford case CAS-11104869-C8R9X4

It's hard to believe just how awful a company can be until you try to get help from Ford. After verifying the 2G issue and that my car needed the update then waiting for weeks for my dealer to get the part. Ford said try another dealer. The other dealer said Ford says the update has already been done and will not provide the part. The first dealer agrees it says it has not. I call Ford and they they don't see a problem and "the program is still open on this vehicle" and said they would check and call me back. Three times I've called and they never call back. I've talked to customer relations and they don't see a problem and can't help me.  Who can I talk to to get this resolved?

I received the letter in October, but most recently an alert on my phone from the My Ford Mobile system

Does anyone know where this embedded modem is in the car? Not too long ago they had to replace the unit that communicates with the keyfob, which was under the headliner somewhere in the front. They got their dirty paws on my headliner.

Whatever you do, don't let them replace the headliner. When I picked up my car from the dealer upon purchase, someone got an oil smudge near the driver's ceiling handle. They tried to clean it and made it worse. It took two more headliners and several pieces of trim to attempt to get it back to how it should be. It was a year of hell going through the process. It turns out that replacement headliners are folded when put in shipping boxes which creases the edges. You will never get anything close to factory quality.

I received the letter in October, but most recently an alert on my phone from the My Ford Mobile system

Does anyone know where this embedded modem is in the car? Not too long ago they had to replace the unit that communicates with the keyfob, which was under the headliner somewhere in the front. They got their dirty paws on my headliner.

I am in the same boat. I got the upgrade done on Tuesday but they are waiting on the trim pieces. The bad news is that they didn't come in today, Thursday morning, so I took the car back. They really wrenched the trim pieces and got grease on the headliner. This is the third headliner put in the car and the third set of trim pieces because the car originally had grease on the headliner.

Whatever you do, don't change the headliner. Also, don't expect the fit of the trim to have the same fit as from the factory.

Also, ask for SYNC version 3.8 update. It was user installable briefly but was then made dealer-install only. I learned the dealer does not automatically upgrade SYNC. It has the Siri update which is pretty useless, but it least there is something.

My dealer has had the car for 2 days now, and said he had to replace the Pillar trim pieces too.  (one time use)