Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Is my battery display lying to me?

Brettjbyers

I have been enjoying my 2016 Fusion Energi Titanium since it arrived a few weeks ago. I have learned much about the car, and all settings available which are great. And the brake coach is also helpful. 

But what has eluded me is the blue battery icon just to the left of the fuel gauge. When I charge my Energi the battery displays full. Yet after being out and about for a while, the battery frequently displays around half-full even though both the MyFord Mobile App and my detailed battery settings both display the battery is at 0%. I'm sure this means something but I can't figure it out. Thanks.

post-1966-0-99201700-1452378594_thumb.png

post-1966-0-50984100-1452378595_thumb.jpg

post-1966-0-00961200-1452378596_thumb.jpg

That is the hybrid portion of the battery. Once the Ev range is depleted there is some of the battery left that is used to allow the vehicle to function as a normal hybrid.

This portion of the battery will fluctuate up and down as the ice and regen breaking charge it just like a normal hybrid.

Edited by openair

• 6 years later...
On 1/9/2016 at 6:29 PM, openair said:

That is the hybrid portion of the battery. Once the Ev range is depleted there is some of the battery left that is used to allow the vehicle to function as a normal hybrid.

This portion of the battery will fluctuate up and down as the ice and regen breaking charge it just like a normal hybrid.

Thank you for this! I didn’t understand why, after the electric portion of the battery was depleted (and 0 E miles remained), a new half-full battery would slide in, replacing the empty one. I thought it was a fault. (None of the Ford mechanics knew why, either!)

Edited by Dee