Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Current Ford Fusion Owners?

PlugMeIn

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm in wait-&-see mode like everyone else (the 'plane ole' 2013 Fusion hybrid is winning the bang for the buck award in my opinion ((so far))) :)

Exactly -- I've been going back & forth between the C-Max and Fusion Hybird or Energi models, and right now the configuration I have using the "build & price" for the Fusion Hybrid is only $1,000 more than the config I have for the C-Max Hybrid, and I like the looks of the Fusion far more so would go with that. I guess that shows how much the competition factors into pricing, as the C-Max has already undercut the Prius but looks like the Fusion is in a more competitive category. So when the pricing of the Fusion Energi is released, my guess is that it will not be worth the premium to me since I drive 130 miles per day with only my house to charge up, so does the benefit of having more electric-only with the Fusion Energi worth the cost of the additional price? Maybe for some but I don't see it being worth it for me. But I am just doing online research for now and still need to test drive them to see how they feel.

• 4 weeks later...

So when the pricing of the Fusion Energi is released, my guess is that it will not be worth the premium to me since I drive 130 miles per day with only my house to charge up, so does the benefit of having more electric-only with the Fusion Energi worth the cost of the additional price?

I put this in another thread,but it applies directly to your question. at $4/gal gas and $.10/kWh, the Energi will save you ~$1 per trip over the plain hybrid. So you would only save $1 per day. That's going to take a long time to reach payback for you. If you can plug in more often, the payback is quicker.

I put this in another thread,but it applies directly to your question. at $4/gal gas and $.10/kWh, the Energi will save you ~$1 per trip over the plain hybrid. So you would only save $1 per day. That's going to take a long time to reach payback for you. If you can plug in more often, the payback is quicker.

This is assuming the gasoline price stays at $4.00, which I think it will for a few more years.