Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Energi pricing?

jsamp

Just received an email from an 'internet guy' at a West L.A.(ish) Ford dealer. He agreed to my offer(at this point) for $300 over invoice for putting in my Energi order. I go in on Friday, and plan to order up a tuxedo black Titanium NRG with all bells and whistles, maybe some 19" rims too. I'm pretty stoked about his quick, easy 'yes' about the price. Let's see if it holds.

Now if I can find a decent aftermarket tip for that butt ugly single exhaust pipe.

Great deal DelS!!  Congratulations.  Did you decide to purchase or lease it?  The idea of getting the tax incentive immediately instead of having to wait intrigues me.

ChuckJ

Just received an email from an 'internet guy' at a West L.A.(ish) Ford dealer. He agreed to my offer(at this point) for $300 over invoice for putting in my Energi order. I go in on Friday, and plan to order up a tuxedo black Titanium NRG with all bells and whistles, maybe some 19" rims too. I'm pretty stoked about his quick, easy 'yes' about the price. Let's see if it holds.

Now if I can find a decent aftermarket tip for that butt ugly single exhaust pipe.

Hi, I live in soCal too. which dealership you talk to? I contacted my local dealership and was told MSRP only! Thanks

Great deal DelS!!  Congratulations.  Did you decide to purchase or lease it?  The idea of getting the tax incentive immediately instead of having to wait intrigues me.

ChuckJ

Yes, the incentive intrigues me too so when I saw my salesman Friday night I asked him if the $3750 offered on the lease was them taking my tax incentive and he said no, the $3750 shown on Ford's web site lease is given by Ford as an incentive. However, he also said the interest rate will be 3.9% on the lease. For the Focus it is .9%, so they are just not interested in pushing the Energi, or so it would seem.

I know others here have said the $3750 on the lease is the tax incentive but I assume he knows what he is talking about.

I will still look into the lease though, when the time comes, and that is when the truth will come out.

Hi, I live in soCal too. which dealership you talk to? I contacted my local dealership and was told MSRP only! Thanks

It was thru the Costco Auto program that I filled out.   The guy reached out thru email and I gave him my price, and he agreed.   I don't believe that you can contact the dealer directly and get that deal.

I know others here have said the $3750 on the lease is the tax incentive but I assume he knows what he is talking about.

I will still look into the lease though, when the time comes, and that is when the truth will come out.

pluggedin -- I think both cases are correct. In the case of the lease, the leasing company technically owns the car and therefor gets the tax incentive (you wont qualify). The leasing company then turns around an offers you an incentive that is roughly equivalent (they keep the $1) to the tax credit.  If you want to lease this can actually work to your advantage because they give it to your right away, you don't have to wait until next year to claim it on your taxes.

All normal disclaimers apply... not a tax atty, I read that somewhere, I could have it wrong, yada yada...

Woot! I got my $750 customer cash plus EITHER $1500 or 0% financing applied to my order. Whew! Dealer thinks they can get me the $2250 off AND get Ford financing of 1.49% via local bank since the 0% precludes the $1500. She even said that she could look into x-plan pricing without me giving her a PIN. She did confirm that with the above locked in I get that deal or something better if available at the time of delivery.

Now where's my damn car! Oh right, unscheduled - clean.  /cry

Edited by shaggy314

Woot! I got my $750 customer cash plus EITHER $1500 or 0% financing applied to my order. Whew! Dealer thinks they can get me the $2250 off AND get Ford financing of 1.49% via local bank since the 0% precludes the $1500. She even said that should could look into x-plan pricing without me giving her a PIN. She did confirm that with the above locked in I get that deal or something better if available at the time of delivery.

Now where's my damn car! Oh right, unscheduled - clean.  /cry

First paragraph -- congrats!

Second paragraph -- I feel your pain!

• 2 weeks later...
I was looking at a window sticker online today and noticed that the moonroof had gone from $895 to $995.  Also it looks like driver assist has gone from $1000 to $1140.  Anyone else notice this?

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3FA6P0SU4DR260483&refid=FD

I've seen mumblings on blue-oval of a price increase. My sticker shows old (lower) prices. I guess that'd be because its already invoiced.

Must be high demand for these options? I know they're having supply issues with the moonroof too.

I was looking at a window sticker online today and noticed that the moonroof had gone from $895 to $995.  Also it looks like driver assist has gone from $1000 to $1140.  Anyone else notice this?

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3FA6P0SU4DR260483&refid=FD

I had noticed the base price went down by $100, to $40,100, but not the increase in options. My options stayed the same but the base price did go down a whopping $100. But I will take anything I can get.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ChuckJ

I'm leasing.  Current deal is; based on invoice minus the $3750 fed rebate off the top, minus the $750 coupon.  All good.   

Edited by DelS

• 2 weeks later...