Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Anyone order a Fusion Energi?

PlugMeIn

Ordered my energi titanium a couple of weeks ago. The $750 promo doesn't apply to my Z-plan order, but I should do OK anyway -- but there is an incentive that you should be able to find on the Build and Price page. It's $3,750 if you take possession before April 1. I think Ford is trying to compensate people who might be considering the Volt. The energi gets a $3,750 Federal tax credit, while the Volt gets the entire $7,500 credit.

Congratulations on your order! Things may have changed recently but that $3,750 incentive was for Red Carpet Leases only, not purchases. If you purchase, you can take a $3,750 tax credit next year on 2013's Federal Income Taxes.

Well, that is confusing. I agree with TX NRG that the tax credit of $3,750 is only available once and you will have to wait until next year, when you file your taxes, to use it. However, if you lease the car, the leasing company can use your tax credit when they figure your lease payments. But not both.

However, jwerdell is correct also when he says Ford is deducting $3,750 from the price of the Energi on the Build and Price Summary, but not on the Hybrid models...even the Hybrid Ti model.

Because the $3,750 deduction, for the Energi, is not listed under "Available Incentives", I believe the reduction in the price of the Energi on the Summary is a sales gimmick by Ford Marketing and is VERY misleading.

I hope someone proves me wrong on this  because I would LOVE to claim that $3,750 incentive and the tax credit.

Oh, wait. There is a little "i" next top the $3,750 deduction on the Build and Price Summary and when you click on it a note comes up that says the incentive is good on purchases from dealer stock from 1/3/13 to 4/1/13: Program #50164; Not all Fusion Energi models may qualify.

Even if this incentive is in addition to the tax credit, most of us will not see our cars until after 4/1/13 so buying from dealer stock may be the only way to claim it. If someone knows the real deal here, please post what you know.

Right and if you change the payments section from lease to buy, the incentive goes away. It is a lease item only (at this time).  :-(

EDIT: I want to add there is a $750 coupon you can randomly get if you request Ford Brochures... and admit that I get caught by that lease/buy each time I check for new accessories on my saved build and priced car.

Edited by shaggy314

Right and if you change the payments section FROM lease to buy, the incentive goes away. It is a lease item only (at this time).

Correct.  Program #50164 is a Ford leasing program.  I asked about this too.  I have no idea why the Ford website automatically goes to leasing when you are building a car from scratch.  Seems weird.  You'll see it's also called RCL customer cash.  RCL means Red Carpet Lease.  Too bad...I'd like the extra amount off.

Right and if you change the payments section from lease to buy, the incentive goes away. It is a lease item only (at this time).

EDIT: I want to add there is a $750 coupon you can randomly get if you request Ford Brochures... and admit that I get caught by that lease/buy each time I check for new accessories on my saved build and priced car.

I meant to post that I also requested the latest Fusion brochure (very cool btw, and this time included all the options including the energi) and on the last page I got my second $750 private cash offer. Highly recommend ordering a brochure before you go down to the dealer and placing an order.

I meant to post that I also requested the latest Fusion brochure (very cool btw, and this time included all the options including the energi) and on the last page I got my second $750 private cash offer. Highly recommend ordering a brochure before you go down to the dealer and placing an order.

Hi Meyersnole,

Is it possible to combine two of these $750 offers? So far I have requested 3 brochures, but t I have not received any of them yet. Hopefully I will get at least one coupon.

Regards,

APM

My deal is done, but I would think it would be pretty hard to stack them. In truth I was surprised they took this one on top of x-plan.

I am pretty sure you will get the offer, there is a 6 page thread on the blue oval forum with a lot of success stories on this topic. http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51770-ford-750-coupon/page-6?http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51770-ford-750-coupon/page-6?

What I find interesting is that the energi Titanium model only comes with the black interior -- and the rear of the vehicle does not have integrated dual exhaust system that the energi SE model has. It only has a single exhaust pipe without integration.

The Titanium Hybrid and gas models only offer black interior as well.  

It is a little odd to remove options from the top spec, but the all black was fine for me as that is what I was shopping for. I think I understand the exhaust as they would have had to engineer another design for a mostly decorative solution. 

Decisions I don't understand are (Titanium):

1) ugliest wheel (in my opinion) choice, I like 17" but make it a 5 spoke or y spoke 17". I would have lost a mile or 3 gas mileage to go to the 18" if given the choice.

2) the homelink is an option?? (in general tying homelink to the moonroof was a questionable choice)

3) making BLIS (driver assist) an option, but auto start included? (How many Titaniums do you think will be ordered with out Driver's assist Package -- simply a game to get the starting price down)

4) a nit for sure, but making splash guards an option on the Titanium??? If someone does not want them make a delete option like they did with the spoiler.

What I find interesting is that the energi Titanium model only comes with the black interior -- and the rear of the vehicle does not have integrated dual exhaust system that the energi SE model has. It only has a single exhaust pipe without integration.

Where did you see an option for integrated dual exhaust on the Energi SE? It's not in the brochure or on the Ford build and price site (as best I can tell). Equipment group 700a mentions "Single exhaust with bright tip".

1) ugliest wheel (in my opinion) choice, I like 17" but make it a 5 spoke or y spoke 17". I would have lost a mile or 3 gas mileage to go to the 18" if given the choice.

2) the homelink is an option?? (in general tying homelink to the moonroof was a questionable choice)

3) making BLIS (driver assist) an option, but auto start included? (How many Titaniums do you think will be ordered with out Driver's assist Package -- simply a game to get the starting price down)

4) a nit for sure, but making splash guards an option on the Titanium??? If someone does not want them make a delete option like they did with the spoiler.

1) I an SO down with this question. I was even considering buying the Hybrid's 18", new tires, and TPMS.

3) BLIS is only with the silly auto headlight and wipers, that's odd group. I wanted BLIS, but not enough to pay for the other parts.

4) You have to get front and rear, two different sets.

Edited by shaggy314

I didn't even realize that the splash guards were front and back! ha... what ever. I am putting them on, keeps the road tar and paint from chipping from throwing gravel etc. 

Sorta digging this... https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/MiniWheelSearchServlet?nonWinter=true&partNum=W0171020730W&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Fusion&autoYear=2013&autoModClar=Energi&wIndex=69&grid=true&sw=1920

maybe in a few years.

I like it!

I'm not sure why you can get wheel options on the Hybrid, but not the Energi.

I was all set to load up an SE Energi just to get the 5 spoke Sport wheel option, only to find out it's only on the Hybrid.

This option was not even available when I ordered my car which is another problem that arises when you are ahead of the curve. But I was pretty sure this would happen.

I want the molded splash guards and will have to have them installed when the car get here and I am sure it will cost me more then $50 to have one set installed. What I wonder is, are they color coded? If so, that is going to add to cost and would I imagine I will end up spending around $100 per set.

So your point 4) is right on.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like my NRG Ti is ready! I hope they start shipping soon.

In Production Produced Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-20-2013, 00:00 EST TBD

In Production Body Shop Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-19-2013, 00:00 EST TBD

In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-13-2013, 00:00 EST TBD

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Feb-20-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-08-2013, 00:00 EST TBD

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Feb-18-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-08-2013, 00:00 EST TBD

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Feb-22-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-04-2013, 00:00 EST TBD

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Feb-18-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-04-2013, 00:00 EST TBD

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Feb-18-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-01-2013, 00:00 EST TBD

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Feb-18-2013) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-31-2013, 08:16 EST TBD

In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean   Jan-10-2013, 17:11 EST 

Edited by jberger

Got my VIN number today!  How do I check build dates from that?

How did you get your VIN? I got my the information from my salesperson/dealer. I first learned that my parts were pulled and

5 days later my VIN and build week.

You can either ask your dealer or you can ask cyberdman to check for you at the Blue Oval forum Vehicle Locator thread here:http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees. Unfortunately cyberdman is on vacation until 3/4/13, so your best bet is your dealer for now.

How did you get your VIN? I got my the information from my salesperson/dealer. I first learned that my parts were pulled and

5 days later my VIN and build week.

You can either ask your dealer or you can ask cyberdman to check for you at the Blue Oval forum Vehicle Locator thread here:http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees. Unfortunately cyberdman is on vacation until 3/4/13, so your best bet is your dealer for now.

My dealer gave me my VIN.  He didn't have a build date yet though.  I went to this site http://www.researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html but it says my VIN can't be found.  Perhaps it takes a few days from a VIN being created to being in the system?

Great, looks like mine was sent to Detroit like a lot of the Energi's.  My rep was in today and told me that they are sending a lot of Fusions to a large storage area in Detroit.  He didn't know why.  There has to be a reason.  I think it may be because they want to deliver to the masses at the same time.  Obviously it can be questioned that there is a quality control issue, or even a re issue of the MPGe ratings?  Wish I knew! Just want the dang car!

Awaiting Shipment Sent Offsite - 15-36m (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-22-2013, 18:00 MT TBD 

Edited by jberger

Great, looks like mine was sent to Detroit like a lot of the Energi's.  My rep was in today and told me that they are sending a lot of Fusions to a large storage area in Detroit.  He didn't know why.  There has to be a reason.  I think it may be because they want to deliver to the masses at the same time.  Obviously it can be questioned that there is a quality control issue, or even a re issue of the MPGe ratings?  Wish I knew! Just want the dang car!

Awaiting Shipment Sent Offsite - 15-36m (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-22-2013, 18:00 MT TBD 

As said before, my dealer told me the same thing.  He told me it was just because they want to release many at the same time.