Ford Fusion Energi Forum

About to put order in for FFH, Energi price coming soon?

coach81

Well that depends on how anxious you are... using the difference in the Hybrid vs Energi on the C-Max as an example, looks like it will be several thousand more, however I think you might might qualify for a $3,750 tax credit to offset the difference (some of it anyway). Pricing should be out soon, though I know it's tough to wait when you have new car fever. However if it was me and I had a commute of less than 20 miles each way (I don't) and also had a way to charge the car at work (I don't) then I would definitely way to see what the pricing will be like. Since neither of those applied to me, I went ahead with ordering another Fusion Hybrid.

Edited by jeff_h

• 2 weeks later...

While Ford does not have any official pricing out, I came across a dealer that is listing prices for the Energi. And WOW are those prices high!!! They list the

Energi SE at $39,495

Energi Titanium $40,995

How on earth do they expect to sell any at those prices ?!?!?!? If these are the true prices, Ford just lost a potential buyer of an Energi (me) and probably killed off any meaningful sales volume of the Fusion Energi.

The C-max Energi is ~$7K more than the Hybrid, why would the Fusion Energi be 12K more than its Hybrid?!? That makes no sense at all as they have the exact same systems in them.

Plus if you compare to the Volt, it's basically the same MSRP but Volt gets $3750 more in Fed rebates than the Energi does. You're not going to compete if you're priced $3500 more than the competition.

here's the link to the dealer that lists the Energi:

http://www.appleford...d-Fusion+Energi

Edited by jsamp

That's interesting because I've been visiting Ford.com and you cannot even build a Fusion Energi yet. The dealer's link above ONLY prices the Titanium Fusion Energi, which is all decked out. Certainly, Ford will be offering other Fusions for much less.

It doesn't seem that way. Kelley Blue Book is now listing the Fusion Energi SE at $39,495 and Energi Titanium at $40,995.

Like you, I find it odd that Ford.com is not listing any pricing if everybody else is.