Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Finally ordered a 2015!

wazer

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker for about a year now. Graduated from college earlier this month and started work this week.

Just got back from the dealer where I placed my order for a 2015 Fusion Energi Titanium. I'm excited for the new wheels!

Production starts mid-July, so if I'm lucky, I'll see my new car by the end of August.

I got Ingot Silver Metallic, black interior, cooled seats, moonroof, heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise, and the driver assist package. I'm a true geek so all this available tech is wonderful.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

-Alex

Production starts mid-July, so if I'm lucky, I'll see my new car by the end of August.

Congrats and welcome... from what I read on BOF, production starts 7/21 and the normal procedure is for them to build some dealer stock orders (rather than retail orders, like yours) for the first week or so until they inspect enough to declare "OK to buy", and then the retail orders get built -- so that if there is something jacked up with the cars built in that first week or so it won't go directly to a special order customer.  So in other words, chances are your car may not get built until early-mid August which we all know sucks since you are looking forward to it, but that's how it goes.  But on the bright side many here will share in the anticipation as we've been in those shoes and it's fun to watch the process move along for yet another new owner.

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker for about a year now. Graduated from college earlier this month and started work this week.

Just got back from the dealer where I placed my order for a 2015 Fusion Energi Titanium. I'm excited for the new wheels!

I got Ingot Silver Metallic, black interior, cooled seats, moonroof, heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise, and the driver assist package. I'm a true geek so all this available tech is wonderful.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

-Alex

Alex,

Congrats! I'm happy to track your order and give you weekly updates. Just send me a PM with your order number and dealer code (from your order paperwork) and I'll take a look!

Ashley

• 1 month later...

Congrats and welcome... from what I read on BOF, production starts 7/21 and the normal procedure is for them to build some dealer stock orders (rather than retail orders, like yours) for the first week or so until they inspect enough to declare "OK to buy", and then the retail orders get built -- so that if there is something jacked up with the cars built in that first week or so it won't go directly to a special order customer.  So in other words, chances are your car may not get built until early-mid August which we all know sucks since you are looking forward to it, but that's how it goes.  But on the bright side many here will share in the anticipation as we've been in those shoes and it's fun to watch the process move along for yet another new owner.

Almost two months later and I finally have my VIN  :yahoo:

You're just about spot on with building retail orders. Mine has been scheduled for the first week in August.

Almost two months later and I finally have my VIN  :yahoo:

You're just about spot on with building retail orders. Mine has been scheduled for the first week in August.

Great!  Now you can send weekly PMs to Ashley (if not doing so already, wasn't clear from above) and hopefully she can give you the scheduled-to-day and then when it gets on a rail car and is on its way, nice to have visibility over the process.

Great!  Now you can send weekly PMs to Ashley (if not doing so already, wasn't clear from above) and hopefully she can give you the scheduled-to-day and then when it gets on a rail car and is on its way, nice to have visibility over the process.

Yes, I have been doing so every couple of weeks while the order was still in processing, but now that a build week and VIN has been set, I will be checking weekly. I'm very grateful for this service that Ashley is offering, as it helps me cope with the wait.

• 1 month later...

Stopped by my dealer at 4pm this afternoon, still no car.  :banghead:

They still show the ETA as being today, but it's possible that it will be delivered after regular business hours. Fingers crossed for my delivery phone call tomorrow.

It sucks that they still consider the given date an estimate, even though it's today. 

I probably only have 2 gallons of fuel left in my Accord, and I don't want to have to add more. Can't wait to be gas free on the weekdays!

Stopped by my dealer at 4pm this afternoon, still no car.  :banghead:

Yeah, now you're at the mercy of the trucking company... here are a couple things I've read from other new owner posts in various threads:

1 - One owner happy took his car home, then found out that the second key fob did not work, and had to go back and get it reprogrammed.  Not a huge deal but after reading this I emailed my salesman and asked him to double-check both fobs, so they could get that fixed before I went there the next day to take delivery.  Mine were fine and yours are 99.9% likely to also be fine, but you might want to ask them to double-check before you get there.

2 - One other owner found that on a past delivery (don't even think it was a Fusion) the oil level was very low and the engine got damaged, and then others chimed in on how they ALWAYS check the oil level -- I always thought this was part of PDI but may be something to double-check, of double-check when you get home since you will probably go home on all EV if not too far away.

3 - Make sure the 120V charger is in the trunk under the panel -- of course it should be there since you will likely take delivery very shortly after they receive the car and perform PDI, but I think taking items from one new car on the lot (such as floormats) for another one about to be sold is a common practice, so always good to check it (or see if your sales rep points out where it is when he/she is performing the obligatory tour of the car with you).

4 - When I ordered my hybrid and finally received it, I found about 2 weeks later that the fuse box cover under the hood was not latched but just flopping on top of the fuse panel.  My car was at the assembly plant for a few extra days and "re-released" so I assume they found some electrical issue and the hot shot crew didn't fasten it properly before moving on to the next car... so it might be worth checking this too, but I admit that I had this in my head and forgot all about when I took delivery of the Energi.

So it's not long now, have a good time and take a good pic or two to post!!

Thanks for those great tips, jeff_h!

While I was there today, I was told that part of my dealers PDI is to drain the oil and put fresh oil in, so I shouldn't have a problem there.

Per your advice, I will definitely give the car a good look over ensuring both key fobs work, and that all mats and the charging cable are present. Good idea to check under the hood to make sure things are completely installed as well.