Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Windows rolling down on thier own?

Marc

So far in the last week I've come out to my car to find one of the windows rolled down on its own. The first time was when I was coming back from vacation and approached my car in the airport garage. I noticed the drivers side window was missing so I thought someone had broken in, but I found no glass. i got in and rolled up the window and asked myself how long has this been open here ( I had left 11 days earlier). Later last week I came back to my car at a charging station and this time it was the passenger window.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

The car does have a remote window roll down feature, but it's supposed to do all of them, not just one random one.  If you press and hold your unlock button on your fob, the windows will roll down (and moonroof pop up if you have it) after about 6 seconds.  If you press and hold the lock button, the windows will roll up and the moonroof will close.  I've heard of people doing that keeping their keys in their pocket.  I've locked my car just getting in the car and having the remote bump something else in my pocket.

As far as your issue with just one window... that's weird.  If you find yourself not using that feature at all, you can disable it on the left menu of your instrument cluster.  You can find that under Settings -> Vehicle -> Windows -> Remote Open / Remote Close -> on/off.  CMAX vehicles don't have that as a controllable feature... it's always enabled.  At the very least, I'd try disabling the remote open.  Remote close is still very useful, especially if your car is outside and it starts raining or whatever... you can remotely close all your windows.

Edited by Russael

So far in the last week I've come out to my car to find one of the windows rolled down on its own. The first time was when I was coming back from vacation and approached my car in the airport garage. I noticed the drivers side window was missing so I thought someone had broken in, but I found no glass. i got in and rolled up the window and asked myself how long has this been open here ( I had left 11 days earlier). Later last week I came back to my car at a charging station and this time it was the passenger window.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Marc,

Have you had your dealer take a look at this? I recommend making an appointment to do so. Once that's set up, send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll see how I can help.

Ashley