Ford Fusion Energi Forum

EV Parking reminders -- Help please

meyersnole

I saw in another thread a reference to blink courtesy notice. I found that notice here: http://www.plugincars.com/sites/default/files/Blink-Notices.pdf

All of these seem a little aggressive, so I spent just a few mins to throw together a couple alternatives and then thought I could lean on the collective talent here to refine them.

What do you think? What should I change? My thoughts are to keep this positive and informative. My hope is that people parking here are just not thinking or unaware. 

(I just set up this google drive, so hopefully I did this correctly)

PDF file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6q0kkdxWo2XLWlyYy1vSWh0S28/edit?usp=sharing

Powerpoint file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6q0kkdxWo2Xdk5CWnk4YjVSMjg/edit?usp=sharing

Edits:

3/9/14 Per Gigi, added Thank you to the end of each of the slips.

3/9/14 Per Eric4539: Added another page with edit as given. Thanks! (Keep them coming. Also added red numbers to help keep track - will remove from final version.)

Edited by meyersnole

• 7 months later...

I like those signs, would be good to make some for me as well to leave notes with :)  I see alot of people do this all the time, to avoid walking a few extra feet.  How did you edit the signs?  I think I like the green 2nd one in the original blink post but I want to remove ! points and make it a little nicer in wording.  Yours is good, but I like the part about "the best parking spot in the lot" as that's why I believe it happens.  People wouldn't park in it if it was in the far end, trying to save themselves from walking a few extra feet, you know?

Can't use it at the Muzi Ford dealer, that's another story. I think they block the charger there to avoid people coming in off the road and plugging in hassle free.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort

My experience, with my Ford dealer, is that they don't want anyone charging whether the car was bought there or not.  The charger is only there because Ford required them to install it so they could get their electric certification.  It's a moot point for me since I use half of the battery getting back home and don't normally go to the area where they are located.

I've charged at many a Ford dealers including this one.  The situation there is a coin toss, up in the air so to speak.  To their credit they did accommodate me several times, but they have to move ICE cars most of the time.  That's what I'm saying.  On a couple of occasions I was unable to charge, one time I waiting until they moved a car on their own as I sat in the car and two sales people came out, one moved a car out the other guy moved another car right in its spot, the other time I asked and they asked me if I bought the car there and if not then no.  I think it was just a bad day for the salesman or something.

I've asked other dealers, for example one in Topsham, ME, (not even Ford but Lee Nissan and Toyota across the street from each other) and they said "Come in ANY time, the charger is available 24/7 so even if we are closed you are welcome to stop by and charge."  Awesome response thumbs up to that attitude!

-=>Raja.

Blink has recently changed theirs to be a lot less aggressive and I use them... sadly frequently. It isn't illegal in Austin just yet. There was talk, but not yet approved and then election season started, so maybe next year.

I charged at a Nissan dealer recently and they were nice enough to offer me cookies and drinks while I charged... ok, yes and some Leaf literature. I posted the fact to Facebook by checking in and saying they were class act by letting me park my decidedly NOT Nissan at their charger in San Marcos.