Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Securicode Setup.

Apogee1

Took delivery of my made to order Fusion Energi Titanium this past Saturday (3-1-14). I was told by Ford that I have the first 2014 Fully loaded in the country, and that they took it on the proving course, so it had 30 mile on it when it came in.  Had to wait over 2 months to have it built.  :(  Anyway, I was trying to set up the codes for me and the wife, but the instructions in the manual didn't work.  Every time I hit the 1-2 button it would assume I wanted to the first code and it would lock the doors.  I then watched the Ford how to video, and the instructions on it were completely different than what was in the manual, and what to you know, they didn't work either.  Called Ford customer care, and those lazy ass people said, "well, if you did what was in the manual, and it didn't work, set up a service call with the dealer."  I'll never call Ford Customer Care again. Talk about passing the buck.  I went back to my sales rep, and guess what, he got it to work, but with a completely undocumented procedure.  WTF?!?  

Honestly, they really pisses me off. How can you publish two different set of procedures for one system and neither of them work, but an undocumented procedure does work that no one but a few select people know about?  I mean Customer Care should have known instantly, but no for them it was a service call.  

This is my third Hybrid/Electric car in the past 10 years (2004 Prius - trade in on Energi, 2012 Leaf - Still have it ), and I'm only disappointed about 2 things (not including the Customer Care Center) with the car so far.  

1. No power adjustment (tilt/telescope) steering wheel option.  Very disappointed with this.

2. No auto seat reverse option when the car is turned off so getting out of the car is easier. 

Not going to rant about the trunk since we all know about it already. 

Still getting use to all the feature, and will continue to post as things progress. 

BTW, I have a Level 2 Blink Charging station in the house, and if anyone else has questions regarding how to turn it into a dumb charging station, I can help.

The car has the "auto seat reverse" capability.  You have to configure it yourself to an IA key.  Each key can have different settings.  Also adjusts the outside mirrors.

Here's the info on the seat reversing from the 2013 manual, the 2014 functionality is likely the same...

Easy Entry and Exit Function

- If the easy entry and exit feature is enabled, this feature automatically moves the driver seat position rearward up to five centimeters when the transmission selector lever is in position P and the key is removed or the keyless start ignition is turned off.

- The driver seat will return to the previous position when the key is put in the ignition or the keyless start ignition is activated.

- The easy entry and exit feature can be turned on or off using the driver information display.

Edited by jeff_h

Took delivery of my made to order Fusion Energi Titanium this past Saturday (3-1-14). I was told by Ford that I have the first 2014 Fully loaded in the country, and that they took it on the proving course, so it had 30 mile on it when it came in.  Had to wait over 2 months to have it built.   :(  Anyway, I was trying to set up the codes for me and the wife, but the instructions in the manual didn't work.  Every time I hit the 1-2 button it would assume I wanted to the first code and it would lock the doors.  I then watched the Ford how to video, and the instructions on it were completely different than what was in the manual, and what to you know, they didn't work either.  Called Ford customer care, and those lazy ass people said, "well, if you did what was in the manual, and it didn't work, set up a service call with the dealer."  I'll never call Ford Customer Care again. Talk about passing the buck.  I went back to my sales rep, and guess what, he got it to work, but with a completely undocumented procedure.  WTF?!?  

Honestly, they really pisses me off. How can you publish two different set of procedures for one system and neither of them work, but an undocumented procedure does work that no one but a few select people know about?  I mean Customer Care should have known instantly, but no for them it was a service call.  ...

Apogee1,

Allow me to document your feedback on this matter. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info, and I'll pass your thoughts along to the appropriate people.

Ashley

Apogee1,

Allow me to document your feedback on this matter. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info, and I'll pass your thoughts along to the appropriate people.

Ashley

Ashley,

I'm really reluctant providing any of that information to anyone on a public forum even in a PM.  Besides, I'm not to keen on helping a company out that has been in business over 100 years and still can't seem to understand how customer service should work.  I called the help desk at MyfordMobile and the rep hung up on me (I know this because I got pushed to the survey Q&A part of the call) because he said go to the webpage and sign up, and I tried to explain that the webpage only allowed to sign in as a guest or sign in, there was not option for create an account.  He didn't want to be corrected and simply hung up on me.  I called back right away, and the next guy told me that unless I followed his instructions he couldn't help me, but I tried to explain exactly the same thing, and he simply cold called transferred me to a department that he knew was closed cause I got a recorded message saying the department I'm trying to reach is closed and to try back later.  

What they should have said is let me check into this and verify what you are saying then moved forward from there.  The real answer was very simple, you have to download the app first and create the account from the app.  Why couldn't they have said that? 

Honestly,  the first week I have with Ford Customer Care is a total Fail.  I never had this problem with Toyota or Lexus, or even Chevy.  If I can't count on support from the corporate office, it really impacts any purchases in the future.  For me right now, my opinion of Ford is "we got your money don't bother us." My Sales Rep is the only person I trust at this point in time. 

Murphy,

Sorry, no there is not.  This is the exact page I was directed to by the Ford customer care rep:  https://phev.myfordmobile.com/content/mfm/en_us/site/login.html

There is not link to create an account. 

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing when I click that link, Apogee1. You should see an option to register at the bottom. Let me know if you see something different. I'm able to help with any MyFord Mobile or MyFord Touch inquiries. 

Kim

post-568-0-88867300-1394056629_thumb.jpg

Ashley,

I'm really reluctant providing any of that information to anyone on a public forum even in a PM. 

Apogee1,  Ashley and Kim, the Ford reps on this site, really can get things done for you.  At least, that has been my experience.

Members of this forum can also be helpful.  You've got a very complex car and there is a learning curve.  It will take some time getting used to the car and finding how to use all of the little options such as Easy Entry and Exit (manual p. 121).  Hang in there.  You are going to love this car.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing when I click that link, Apogee1. You should see an option to register at the bottom. Let me know if you see something different. I'm able to help with any MyFord Mobile or MyFord Touch inquiries. 

Kim

I'm in the software biz, and register and create an account are totally different.  It may be semantics, but I was looking for create an account not to register my car.

I can appreciate that Ashley and Kim want to help, the company customer service as a whole is the issue.  Unless I joined this forum, I would still be stuck with facing uninformed and rude customer service reps who find it easier to send me to the dealer service process than to investigate a problem with me. 

Apogee1,  Ashley and Kim, the Ford reps on this site, really can get things done for you.  At least, that has been my experience.

Members of this forum can also be helpful.  You've got a very complex car and there is a learning curve.  It will take some time getting used to the car and finding how to use all of the little options such as Easy Entry and Exit (manual p. 121).  Hang in there.  You are going to love this car.

Thanks Gigi; I agree that we've got some great people on this forum that are very willing to help. :)

I'm in the software biz, and register and create an account are totally different.  It may be semantics, but I was looking for create an account not to register my car.

I can appreciate that Ashley and Kim want to help, the company customer service as a whole is the issue.  Unless I joined this forum, I would still be stuck with facing uninformed and rude customer service reps who find it easier to send me to the dealer service process than to investigate a problem with me. 

I hate to hear that you've had a negative experience so far. Hopefully Ashley and I can help turn things around. From your previous post, it sounds like you were able to register from the MyFord Mobile app. Did you complete the verification process for your vehicle? Let us know if you have questions about anything else. 

Since I'm only able to assist with MyFord Touch and MyFord Mobile concerns, I think it's a good idea to send Ashley a private message with the information she requested (or at least what you feel comfortable sharing via PM) to see how she can best assist. 

Kim 

Murphy,

Sorry, no there is not.  This is the exact page I was directed to by the Ford customer care rep:  https://phev.myfordmobile.com/content/mfm/en_us/site/login.html

There is not link to create an account.

There is a link at the bottom right hand corner of the page. It says "Register Here"

This is a 2 step process separated by a 24 hr wait between steps for security purposes.

Murphy,

I turned on the easy entry/exit feature...thanks!  Much better.  Oddly enough this should be a feature that should be defaulted as "on".  I like that Ford decided that the Lane departure system was defaulted as "off", and was one reason that I didn't care for the Volt, which was defaulted as "on". That and the fact you HAD to have the radio on to use the Nav system, What a dumb design at Chevy. 

Took delivery of my made to order Fusion Energi Titanium this past Saturday (3-1-14). I was told by Ford that I have the first 2014 Fully loaded in the country, and that they took it on the proving course, so it had 30 mile on it when it came in.  Had to wait over 2 months to have it built.   :(  Anyway, I was trying to set up the codes for me and the wife, but the instructions in the manual didn't work.  Every time I hit the 1-2 button it would assume I wanted to the first code and it would lock the doors.  I then watched the Ford how to video, and the instructions on it were completely different than what was in the manual, and what to you know, they didn't work either.  Called Ford customer care, and those lazy ass people said, "well, if you did what was in the manual, and it didn't work, set up a service call with the dealer."  I'll never call Ford Customer Care again. Talk about passing the buck.  I went back to my sales rep, and guess what, he got it to work, but with a completely undocumented procedure.  WTF?!?  

Honestly, they really pisses me off. How can you publish two different set of procedures for one system and neither of them work, but an undocumented procedure does work that no one but a few select people know about?  I mean Customer Care should have known instantly, but no for them it was a service call.  

This is my third Hybrid/Electric car in the past 10 years (2004 Prius - trade in on Energi, 2012 Leaf - Still have it ), and I'm only disappointed about 2 things (not including the Customer Care Center) with the car so far.  

1. No power adjustment (tilt/telescope) steering wheel option.  Very disappointed with this.

2. No auto seat reverse option when the car is turned off so getting out of the car is easier. 

Not going to rant about the trunk since we all know about it already. 

Still getting use to all the feature, and will continue to post as things progress. 

BTW, I have a Level 2 Blink Charging station in the house, and if anyone else has questions regarding how to turn it into a dumb charging station, I can help.

The easiest way to program a personal code in the Keyless Entry System is to use MyFordTouch, just type in the master code and then your personal code.

Page 58 of the 2014 Fusion Energi Owners manual:

"You may also program a personal entry code through the MyFord Touch system (if equipped)."

What is the "undocumented" procedure?

Ashley,

I'm really reluctant providing any of that information to anyone on a public forum even in a PM.  ...

Honestly,  the first week I have with Ford Customer Care is a total Fail. ...

Apogee1,

I understand that you are concerned with your information remaining private, and I apologize if you've had a negative experience so far. I'm here to provide an alternative means of assistance for those members who do not wish to call in to the Customer Relationship Center. It seems like all of your concerns have been addressed, but if you need something in the future and would like my help, please send me a PM with that information. Otherwise you are welcome to give the Customer Relationship Center a call.

Ashley

Murphy,

I turned on the easy entry/exit feature...thanks!  Much better.  Oddly enough this should be a feature that should be defaulted as "on".  I like that Ford decided that the Lane departure system was defaulted as "off", and was one reason that I didn't care for the Volt, which was defaulted as "on". That and the fact you HAD to have the radio on to use the Nav system, What a dumb design at Chevy. 

I disagree; this feature should not default to "On". I have a car seat in my car, and if the seat automatically went back every time I turned off the car, I would be impacting the car seat and moving my child around, straining against the belts trying to force the seat back into the car seat. If this feature was defaulted to "On" I would not have been able to use the car until I figured out how to turn off the feature.

On the subject of power Tilt/Telescope, this is not a luxury car; the Fusion is in the same class as the Accord/Camry/Altima/Malibu. In Titanium trim, it does have a lot of the features as my Acura TL had, and a lot that it didn't have, but you will be well served to remember what category this car is in, so you can be "surprised and happy" about what it does have, instead of being upset about the things it doesn’t have. If Lincoln comes out with their own version of the Fusion Energi, I am sure it will have the features you want.

Hey Apogee1,

I'm with you on the power tilt/telescope steering wheel feature.  I had a BMW 5 series that had it.  Shouldn't all entry level luxury cars have that option?  I really would have liked the heated steering wheel too.

I have the Heated Steering wheel option, as well as the Cooled/Heated seats.  Rexracer has an interesting opinion on what is considered luxury car.  I have yet to see a Accord/Camry/Altima/Malibu cost over or even approach 40K.  To have all these other luxury options, and not the power steering telescope/tilt function is really odd.  Especially since other ford models have this feature, that are not classified as a luxury car. I even saw this feature on a Truck, and the last time I checked, a truck is not a luxury vehicle. ;) 

I disagree; this feature should not default to "On". I have a car seat in my car, and if the seat automatically went back every time I turned off the car, I would be impacting the car seat and moving my child around, straining against the belts trying to force the seat back into the car seat. If this feature was defaulted to "On" I would not have been able to use the car until I figured out how to turn off the feature.

Options like this should always be in an "on" status, and if the user doesn't want it on for reasons you are stating, then they should turn them off.  But you never allow a customer to think that an option is NOT available by not having it activated. The Survey that Ford sent me just yesterday asked me if all the options were offered to me / performed for me by the sales rep. I said yes.  This kind of thinking suggests they don't want the user to have to do anything other than enjoy the car, which is why I'm surprised that this option was not defaulted as "on".  When I brought up the easy entry/exit system to the sales rep, he thought the option was on the car, but since it wasn't set as a default "on" he thought as I did, that it didn't come as a feature.  You never want a customer to think this way, especially since I ordered a car with every option, and I saw it on cars on the lot, but didn't have all the options I wanted.  Honestly it made me feel like I got ripped off that just because I didn't order it, it wasn't included. Then to find out that it is an option I have to turn on, is why I commented like I did.  

The same thing applies for the wood trim option for the car.  This isn't an option you can choose when ordering a car.  I asked specially about it at the time of order.  Neither the dealer nor the sales rep had an answer, and guess what, it came with the plastic chrome trim, but there is a wood trim option, but how it is ordered is still a mystery. While this wasn't a deal breaker, it still is a frustration factor with FORD and makes me feel that even though I went through the entire order process, I still didn't get the car I really wanted.   You never allow the answer to the customer be "I don't know".  Finding out that the easy entry/exit was an option here is a great resource to have, but I shouldn't have had to complain about it or find out about it from third parties.

Options like this should always be in an "on" status, and if the user doesn't want it on for reasons you are stating, then they should turn them off. 

My wife and I each have Titanium Energi purchased new and each one had this automatic 'easy exit' thing on by default - we turned it off on both cars as we don't prefer it.

I have yet to see a Accord/Camry/Altima/Malibu cost over or even approach 40K.   To have all these other luxury options, and not the power steering telescope/tilt function is really odd. 

The plug-in Honda Accord PHEV has a base price of $39,780 + $790 destination, $40,570.  

The $40K Accord PHEV has a manual tilt/telescopic wheel, no power option is available.    (Speaking of "luxury" options, the $40K Accord PHEV has cloth seats, no leather is available.)

The $40,325 Mercedes C300 has a manual tilt/telescopic steering wheel.   

Edited by Energized

I have the Heated Steering wheel option, as well as the Cooled/Heated seats.  Rexracer has an interesting opinion on what is considered luxury car.  I have yet to see a Accord/Camry/Altima/Malibu cost over or even approach 40K.  To have all these other luxury options, and not the power steering telescope/tilt function is really odd.  Especially since other ford models have this feature, that are not classified as a luxury car. I even saw this feature on a Truck, and the last time I checked, a truck is not a luxury vehicle. ;)

The Accord Plug-in is 40k. Its the drive train and big battery making the car cost that much, not the "luxury" part of it.

And its not an opinion of what a luxury car is, I was speaking of the literal classification of the car "Midsize Affordable" http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Ford_Fusion-Energi/

Not "Midsize Upscale" i.e. Luxury. Yes the car has a lot of "luxury" items, and that’s my point, if it has something be happy about it, and if it doesn’t have something don't expect it. And the true luxury cars Lexus, Acura, Mercedes, etc, if they had this power train and this battery they would be 50-60k.

I personally am glad the car is not weighted down with putting motors and drives on a steering column that I will adjust 1 time and never adjust again, what’s the point in that? Why carry all that weight around forever, impacting your MPG. But this is just my opinion.

I also have never seen a wood trim option on these cars. Has anyone else? Maybe as an aftermarket sticker type of thing, but please oh please don't put something so tacky in your nice car. But if you must: http://www.dashkitmall.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=111_123_535_5933