Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Securicode Setup.

Apogee1

The plug-in Honda Accord PHEV has a base price of $39,780 + $790 destination, $40,570.  

The $40K Accord PHEV has a manual tilt/telescopic wheel, no power option is available.    (Speaking of "luxury" options, the $40K Accord PHEV has cloth seats, no leather is available.)

The $40,325 Mercedes C300 has a manual tilt/telescopic steering wheel.   

Unreal.  Instead of you people getting on board with getting better features on an already good car, you are making comparisons to other cars that don't have this feature either.  Honestly, I don't understand some people.

Unreal.  Instead of you people getting on board with getting better features on an already good car, you are making comparisons to other cars that don't have this feature either.  Honestly, I don't understand some people.

Features dont come free. This would raise the price of the car, and add weight.

I think a lot of the community is very happy with their cars, and want to look at the positives of what the car is and what it does for them, instead of compaining.

Apogee1, do you see this in most of your life? Where people disagree with you? Are you very frustrated by this? I think understanding that everyone doesn't necessarly see the world as you do, and thats ok, would help you.

I found that reading the owners manual was a tremendous help, there I found what options the car had/didn't have and how to turn them on and off.

Some research on the customers part is probably a good idea, I knew more about this car upon my purchase than the salesman did. Not his fault per say, I just did 

lots of research.

As far as options, you have to stop at some point or else this car would cost over 60k. yeah, power steering wheel adjust would be nice, panoramic  moon roof would be nice, ejector passenger seat to shoot the in-law up thru the panoramic roof would be nice. just kidding!! but seriously, this car is loaded and it can rival any luxury car even though, as Rexracer stated, its not in the luxury class.

Enjoy your car.

I found that reading the owners manual was a tremendous help, there I found what options the car had/didn't have and how to turn them on and off.

Some research on the customers part is probably a good idea, I knew more about this car upon my purchase than the salesman did. Not his fault per say, I just did 

lots of research.

And this is a good place to note a reminder for new owners (or lurkers) about the Owners Manual -- if you go to www.motorcraftservice.com and click link on the left for owner guides, then use the menu selections to find your desired year/make/model, you can download a PDF version of the Owners Manual.  So then if you want to find info on a given topic, you can take the paper manual and look in the index in back and flip through pages etc, or you can open the PDF and Ctl-F to search for your desired topic much quicker.

Features dont come free. 

Rex,  I guess you didn't see that I ordered my car instead of getting one off the lot.  This means if it was available I wanted it, which means I paid for it. Duh.  My point though was I wished it came with the power tilt/telescopic feature, and hoped it would become a feature in future cars.  For some reason you seem to want to do personal attacks.  From now on, I won't respond to your comments.  

@Apogee1, I think the wood trim you speak of is available on the SE and not the Titanium, which is what you probably ordered.

I have had an Acura TL and a BMW 525i and this is by far my favorite vehicle.  It may not be a luxury car in name but it is in comfort and quality.  

Wow!  You just described my last 2 cars. Sold the BMW for the TL, and the TL for the energi.

Not sure I could pick my favorite easily though, all three cars have strong positives. The Fusion drives much closer to the BMW, and the TL had the best chance at keeping up in the technical gadget arena (normalizing for age of course).

Well, I haven't had my Energi long enough to make an overall judgement to put it in first place.  My 87 Vette is my favorite car (75K miles), My 71 Cutlass Supreme is just a classic(103K miles), My best riding car was a LS400 (it had power tilt/telescopic steering wheel) got rid of it long ago, My Leaf just has a coolness factor of 12,000 miles and Zero gas, but as it stands right now, my best all around car was my 2004 Prius, which I had the first one in North Texas with option package 9 everything except autopark which was only available in Japan at the time. The Prius set a standard for me Never/EVER have to take my keys out of my pocket ever again.  I had that car for 10 years (traded it for my Energi), with 145K miles and the only repair I ever did was replaced the drivers side parking light.  

I'm planning on upgrading the Energi's headlights to white light.  I really got used to that on the Prius and Leaf, and now having to go back to yellow is a let down.  Still in evaluation mode for the best possible lights to get, but leaning towards the Sylvania Silver Star Ultra's for both high and low beams.  I might consider doing the fog too, but from some of the videos I've seen, taking off the lower grill and panel isn't my idea of how to change a bulb. That gives a whole new meaning to the old Light bulb changing joke. 

@Apogee1, I think the wood trim you speak of is available on the SE and not the Titanium, which is what you probably ordered.

Well since I only looked at Titanium models at the dealership, and the Titanium the dealership allowed me to take home over the weekend to test had the wood trim, I would have to say that wasn't the case.  The dealership didn't have an answer for me, and I wanted to know especially since I was ordering one.