Ford Fusion Energi Forum

MyFordMobile Android App

Dune

Samsung Galaxy S4, current on software updates (MK2)

My initial download of the app last spring when I bought the car made me log in with email and password every time.

Clicking "Remember Me" and entering the 4-digit PIN never worked.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app about a month ago and was pleasantly surprised to find the 4 digit PIN working.

It has already stopped working however, and is back to making me log in with full email and password every time.

This renders the app worthless as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone have any fixes for this?

Edited by Dune

Thanks for the reply.  The few times that it went to the PIN screen, it would do so after showing the initial screen for about a second.

As I said: Now it is back to making me input everything every time and doesn't go to the PIN screen at all.  Gives me a network error on occasion as well.  I took another look at the Google play store reviews, but nothing helpful there, with many people saying it doesn't work at all.

I find that how I exit the app makes a difference. If I hit the home button I'm fine, but if I hit the back button to get out, it causes the problems you describe. Something I have found helpful is to load an app called "fast reboot" and use it whenever MFM doesn't want to open or close. It clears non-essentials from memory without restarting the phone. I'm using a Galaxy S4 phone.

I have an S2 and the pin works for me.  ...

Hi murphy, 

I'm glad to hear that your PIN is being accepted. Please let me know if anything changes. :)

Thanks for the reply.  The few times that it went to the PIN screen, it would do so after showing the initial screen for about a second.

As I said: Now it is back to making me input everything every time and doesn't go to the PIN screen at all.  Gives me a network error on occasion as well.  I took another look at the Google play store reviews, but nothing helpful there, with many people saying it doesn't work at all.

Hello Dune, 

I just responded to your PM. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.  

Kim

It seems that the loss of the PIN I have experienced happens if the app is open and experiences a loss of network connectivity.

So far it seems that as long as I remember to close the app it does not drop the PIN.

Closing the app requires a long press of the home button and closing it, so 2 presses or "clicks".  At least that's a lot less effort than having to re-enter my email address (about 30 characters due to a very long URL) which the app never remembers in spite of my always checking the "remember me" box.

A couple presses as long as I remember to close the app?  Not ideal perhaps (involving my memory is never a good idea) but easy enough to live with.

This is on a Verizon Galaxy S4, with all the current updates.

It seems that the loss of the PIN I have experienced happens if the app is open and experiences a loss of network connectivity.

So far it seems that as long as I remember to close the app it does not drop the PIN.

Closing the app requires a long press of the home button and closing it, so 2 presses or "clicks".  At least that's a lot less effort than having to re-enter my email address (about 30 characters due to a very long URL) which the app never remembers in spite of my always checking the "remember me" box.

A couple presses as long as I remember to close the app?  Not ideal perhaps (involving my memory is never a good idea) but easy enough to live with.

This is on a Verizon Galaxy S4, with all the current updates.

Hey Dune, 

I'm glad to hear you found a workaround. Thank you for sharing. I'll update the notes on your MyFord Mobile ticket. 

Kim

Hi Kim,

It used to happen but I tried it the other day and it didn't.  However, the app for the Samsung S4 is pretty shoddy.  Lots of flickering and re-loading going on.  It's at a level I would have expected 5-8 years ago.  It's not very smooth at all.

Andy

I can document your feedback about the app if you send me a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, and phone number. If I hear of any MyFord Mobile app updates coming out for Android, I'll let you all know. 

Kim