Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Plugged in the garage....completely dead

easyv

Just went out to start my Energi, and it was completely dead

It's been in the garage since Monday (today is New Year's) so, barely 48 hour since I last drove it.

Anyone else have this problem?   I read the thread that is posted in batteries, but I really don't have any unusual charging events.....

MFM shows charging completed 12/29 at 2AM, so it does not show the charging events when I plugged in on the 30th....

Will I be able to shift it to neutral to roll it out of the garage?

Just went out to start my Energi, and it was completely dead

It's been in the garage since Monday (today is New Year's) so, barely 48 hour since I last drove it.

Anyone else have this problem?   I read the thread that is posted in batteries, but I really don't have any unusual charging events.....

MFM shows charging completed 12/29 at 2AM, so it does not show the charging events when I plugged in on the 30th....

Will I be able to shift it to neutral to roll it out of the garage?

You will have to take the right side panel off of the console to get to the release to get the shifter out of park.

It's in the Owner's Manual but it doesn't tell you how to get the side panel off.

It's held on with push snaps but can be daunting if you've never done it before.

It's much easier to jump a 12 volt battery to the terminals under the hood to get enough power to turn the car on.

Once it's on the big battery will start charging the 12 volt battery.

Do you have a 12 volt battery charger?

A lawn tractor or electric start lawn mower that you could steal a battery from to get it going?

8 or 9 D cells in series would supply enough power to turn it on.

Wouldn't something like this be covered under the Ford Emergency Roadside warranty? I know it's a holiday, but I would sure call either the Ford 800# or my local Ford dealer tomorrow. There is no way I would attempt to "fix" it myself. 

These stories concern me because I will be going out of town in a couple of months and leaving my car plugged in in the garage for a week. But I often leave it plugged in for 2-4 days and so far no problems. Of course it doesn't get that cold where I live.

I hope it works out okay for you, easyv. Please let us know. Thanks. 

(I was composing this while the post about Roadside was coming in.)

Edited by howardbc

Oh what an ordeal this is.

First call to FRA:

-Press 1 for Lincoln, 2 for Ford.... I press 2

-Press 1 for car, etc...

-Press 1 if this is the first call...pres 1

...and then silence....

So I call on the land line, get through to the Lincoln operator and schedule the jump.

She gets the first digit of my area code wrong, so the driver never calls and its logged as a "failed service". After 2 hours of waiting - wait time was an hour, I call back.

A new call is logged, wait time is still an hour.

I wait an hour and a half, no show, no call. I call back.

The FRA operator calls the tow vendor and she tells me they lost the call in their system....and will re-dispatch it. Again...wait time an hour.

I have towing insurance through my auto insurance, and it is top notch.  This, on the other hand, is clown shoes.  I'm glad I'm waiting in my house, and not out on the road somewhere.