Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Ford Fusion Energi PHV- When and how much?

coach81

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

If it doesn't arrive until January, you'll have to wait over a year to get your Fed tax credit. If you can grab one in Dec you can have the $ in a few months. Different things I've read say either "late 2012 or "early 2013". That doesn't help.

I'm guessing the FFE comes in between $34 and 35K, based on the C-Max pricing.

• 1 month later...

Another reason I think Fusion Energi will be ~$35K is that the Volt after Fed rebate is ~$32,500. If the Energi is $36K list, that would put it in a dead heat after rebate with the Volt, but Volt has twice the battery. They'll have to price Energi under the Volt to convince people that 20 miles electric range is worth it.

Of course, state rebates also apply, but that differs for each state. In CA, the Volt gets $2500 additional and the Energi $1500. That skews the difference even more in favor of the Volt.

Another reason I think Fusion Energi will be ~$35K is that the Volt after Fed rebate is ~$32,500. If the Energi is $36K list, that would put it in a dead heat after rebate with the Volt, but Volt has twice the battery. They'll have to price Energi under the Volt to convince people that 20 miles electric range is worth it.

Of course, state rebates also apply, but that differs for each state. In CA, the Volt gets $2500 additional and the Energi $1500. That skews the difference even more in favor of the Volt.

I think you're close to being on the spot.