Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Resolved - Got Charge Fault

mdNergi

Just wanted to share the first service issue on my brand new Titanium Fusion Energi having just under 2000 miles. On Tue (Oct 16) I found that eNergi would not accept a charge from my 110V (Level 1) charger. Tried various workarounds mentioned in this forum like unplugging the charger, starting the car, opening the door etc. but no luck. Initially MFM showed 'charging fault' but later that changed to 'waiting for charge'. I do not have any Value Charge profiles set up but still got this message. Anyway I left it plugged in overnight and as expected no charge early in the morning. Drove in hybrid mode to the nearest Level 2 charger, just to confirm if my Level 1 charging cable had a fault, but energi won't take a chage from Level 2 too.

Finally drove to Ford Dealer, they confirmed that the car is not taking a charge using their chargers too. Then they applied TSB 13-9-13 and verified that car was charging at the service dept. Back home it got a full charge during the overnight charging and I'm a happy camper now :)

It's too bad that the dealerships just don't jack your car in to their software station and apply all known fixes to the ECU when it rolls in for service.  As a computer guy, I'm pretty obsessive in regards to having everything up-to-date with patches, etc.

Glad they got your charging issue resolved.

Two nights ago my Energi would not accept a charge either. Something that has happened a couple of times now.

What has worked for me, so far, is to push the start button, with my 240v charger plugged in, and the car accepts the charge. It is comforting to know there is a fix for this problem though and thank you for posting your results, mdNergi.

Edited by pluggedin

Finally drove to Ford Dealer, they confirmed that the car is not taking a charge using their chargers too. Then they applied TSB 13-9-13 and verified that car was charging at the service dept. Back home it got a full charge during the overnight charging and I'm a happy camper now :)

Glad it worked out and thanks for posting the TSB link -- we try to find/post any related to the Energis, checked and this one is already in the topic thread below.

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1248-collection-of-tsbs-related-to-energi/?p=7817

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to share the first service issue on my brand new Titanium Fusion Energi having just under 2000 miles. On Tue (Oct 16) I found that eNergi would not accept a charge from my 110V (Level 1) charger. Tried various workarounds mentioned in this forum like unplugging the charger, starting the car, opening the door etc. but no luck. Initially MFM showed 'charging fault' but later that changed to 'waiting for charge'. I do not have any Value Charge profiles set up but still got this message. Anyway I left it plugged in overnight and as expected no charge early in the morning. Drove in hybrid mode to the nearest Level 2 charger, just to confirm if my Level 1 charging cable had a fault, but energi won't take a chage from Level 2 too.

Thanks for this. I was able to take this info to my dealer, and get my Energi charging again. Thanks, FFE forum!