Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Energi in EV Later Mode Display Design Problem

murphy

I took a trip yesterday starting out in EV Later mode.  I quickly realized that the battery display is worthless.  Throughout the EV Later trip it displayed the unchanging SOC of the HVB.  It should be displaying the Hybrid battery SOC since the car is being driven in hybrid mode.  The hybrid battery display mode doesn't appear until the HVB has been depleted to 0 miles. 

I personally see that as a preferred solution, rather than a problem. 

I wouldn't want the gas gauge to go away just because I was in EV Now and not using the engine. 

Likewise, I wouldn't want the HVB miles remaining display to go away just because I was in EV Later. 

I personally like to always know the remaining capacity of the HVB, no matter what mode I'm in. 

Knowing the remaining miles in the HVB provides information that allows me to select the most efficient use of onboard resources (gas / battery) for the particular trip I'm on.

I noticed the same thing. I find myslef driving around in the empower view mode when I'm in hybrid mode and using the blue outline as my guage of electric range/driving style. It's been very effective in allowing me to keep it in electric when possible by telling me how much accelerator I can use and still stay on EV in hyrbird mode.

I personally see that as a preferred solution, rather than a problem. 

I wouldn't want the gas gauge to go away just because I was in EV Now and not using the engine. 

Likewise, I wouldn't want the HVB miles remaining display to go away just because I was in EV Later. 

I personally like to always know the remaining capacity of the HVB, no matter what mode I'm in. 

Knowing the remaining miles in the HVB provides information that allows me to select the most efficient use of onboard resources (gas / battery) for the particular trip I'm on.

I agree, there isn't that much need for a HV battery indicator during hybrid operations, except when you've used up all the HV energi and you've timed it so you can use up the small hybrid reserve to finish getting to your charge point.

ChuckJ