Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Accident... Cant find parts :-(

gz3490

I just wanted to share a few sad pictures...

The body shop is having a slightly hard time getting a few parts since the car is soo new.

The first pic is the damage caused by traveling about 50 mph and a piece of drywall flying off this truck. 

Since the sensor was pushed in the computer disabled all (front and back) except the cross traffic.

Right now that its at the body shop, I'm assuming since so many parts were taken off all the updates fail and I cannot communicate.

post-219-0-69650100-1381350656_thumb.jpg

post-219-0-76010100-1381350657_thumb.jpg

post-219-0-83833000-1381350658_thumb.jpg

I can see them OK.

That really sucks.  :(  Still, you're not replacing the driver's side fender... everything else should be generic Fusion parts.  Adaptive cruise and the parking sensors are available on all Fusions.  On the bright side, I'm very glad the damage wasn't TOO bad (could've been a lot worse if your airbag went off).

• 1 month later...

Sorry it has been a while but I wanted to come back and give an update and a tip for everyone....

The reason the auto shop couldnt find parts is because the local Ford distribution center apparently stored bumpers in a bag under other heavy parts, when received by the auto shop it wasnt to their standards and returned the front bumper.... after 4 returns, number 5 was in great shape.

Now for my tip.... I needed one of the front sensors replaced for the active cruise control. immediately after driving out I tested the ACC and it would pick up the car to the right lane, since this was a weekend I was thinking of taking her back the following Monday however I kept trying to see if the issue really was that it would pick up a car over instead of the one in front. after a few close calls it seems as if the ACC needed to learn and program the new sensor.

After 3-4 days of using it once or twice and showing improvements day by day on short trips it works good as new.