Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Spartyof83

Is Ford reading this, or listening to, or learning anything, about the GO Times heating issue? It would seem they are not, if one follows the stories laid out before us on these pages and then adds in our 2014 Fusion Energi Titanium, build date Nov 11, 2013, delivered 2/15/14, which still has this issue. The GO Time charging sequence works as scheduled, but no heating at either 72 or 85 degree settings, although the fans are working vigorously. We have a small digital thermometer set in the dash heater outlets and it holds the highest/lowest temp reached since the last reset, so we know no warm air has been introduced during GO Time heating. Also, it seems that even manually adjusting the climate controls when still plugged in (@120v), whether in accessory or run mode (yeah, it says it can't be driven when plugged in) accomplishes nothing temperature-wise, and the rear defroster function is disabled while all this is going on. Once unplugged the heating works fine even before the ICE is called on.

Is this dysfunction part of a larger software package problem ? Has anybody else noticed your ambient lighting systems self-energizing (twice in two months)? Or, have you noticed your instrument panel lights spontaneously brightening or dimming without driver input?

We have.

If you're using 120v power for a Go Time, to put it bluntly, it sucks.  The vast majority of people who have used or tried 120v go times have reported that it barely does anything.  If you run 240 on the other hand then it works FAR better.  If you don't mind a dent in your range, having comfort supersede battery range, remote start your car 10 minutes before you leave and you'll have a near perfect car.  Just make sure your garage door is open since in extreme temperatures as it is very likely that the engine will start, regardless if it is plugged in or not.  Remote starting uses the maximum amount of energy available to heat or cool your car, using the wall, battery, and the engine.

The instrument panel and touchscreen will automatically adjust brightness dependent on ambient lighting (not the colored lights in the car) while your lights are off.  Mine will step down brightness when I pull in the garage.  Even my charge ring will dim itself a bit.

Can't say I've seen ambient lighting self-energizing... but they do come on with the doors open.

The app is free, no monthly fee (the first ~5 years or something is included with the car, if I remember correctly).

Looking at my PDF owner's manual (2014 model, dated Nov 2013, second printing), I see it in the "MyFord Touch" section.  Searching for "GO Time" brings it up.  Are you maybe looking at the plain Fusion manual instead of the Hybrid/Energi?

Is Ford reading this, or listening to, or learning anything, about the GO Times heating issue? ...

Hi stvrmry, 

Like Russael mentioned, the 240V charger is recommended in order to receive the full benefits of Go Times. Have you tried using a 240V charger yet? 

Are "Go Times" set through the car or an app?  I've been reading through the owner's manual and didn't see anything about preconditioning or go times. ...

Does the Myfordmobile App cost anything?  Is there a monthly fee for this service?  Also, If you can set Go Times in the car, how come I can't find any info about Go Times in the online owner's manual? ...

I found the information in the owner's manual online.

Hey Christian, 

It looks like your questions have already been answered. Thanks, KyBuck and Murphy! :) I encourage you to set up an account at: www.MyFordMobile.com if you haven't already. Once you're logged in, click the HELP button to learn more about the website and app. 

Kim

• 1 month later...

I set up the account and set up my first Go Time today.  I set the Go Time up through the app and then unlocked/locked the doors in order for it to sync up.  I'm using 110v right now until my quick charger is installed tomorrow.  I haven't had any issue with Go Times not working on 110v.  The cabin is nice and cool on hot and humid days.

• 2 months later...

My car isn't plugged in every day but the days it is I have a go time set up to cool the cabin down when I leave in the afternoon. Yes, it's only plugged into 120, and yes I know people say it sucks, I get that. I have been late leaving most of the time so I couldn't really confirm if it was doing anything or not, but it never felt like it was. Today I went out 3 minutes before my go time. Nothing. No fan or anything. I sat outside of my car waiting to see if it did anything. The Go time came and went and nothing happened. No fan, no cooling, no nothing. It's 90 degrees outside today, full sun. Obviously I had to turn the climate control on when I got in which kills the battery. It's frustrating.  

Time and temp settings are set correctly. the first time I did it I set it for AM instead of PM, but caught it after nothing happened so I resolved that. The clock in my car is set correctly also, it was on 24 time, so you can't screw up am and pm. I have an appointment at the dealer next month (that was their first opening.....) to have that looked at. Along with: 

No lights work on the passenger door. No ambient or the door lock light. 

Trunk lid won't stay open because of the spoiler

Auto up windows, resetting constantly because they stop working. 

Also, there is a scraping noise in the front of the car. sounds like the brakes are rubbing. They are looking at that today, but I had to leave it with no loaner and they would 'get to it when they get to it'. I'm driving it 1500 miles next week so I at least need to make sure there's not a problem with the brakes before I go. 

With a 2013, some early builds had problems with go times not working at all.  There is a software upgrade for the computer system which fixes that (located in the TSB thread).  There is also a TSB for the auto up windows.

Hopefully the dealership can get your car taken care of quickly and PROFESSIONALLY. 

• 1 year later...

I don't have access to the cars because I'm in California for work. I'm just able to see the MFM app & website.

I created a GO time on MFM and then went to the car.

The GO time was there.

I deleted the GO time in the car.

I created a new and different GO time in the car.

I went back to MFM and the new GO time is there and the other one is gone.

So it's working fine for me.