Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Trunk issue?

SD Diver

I had this issue and I had to in touch with Ford through Facebook because the dealer where I usually take my car for service, refuse to do the TSB. They said that it was normal, and all the cars with the spolier were acting the same way.

Long story short, I went to another dealer at the request of Ford and they fixed right away by performing the TSB.

I hope that by now dealers are used to seeing the issue and will do the work without hassle.

Regards,

APM

Do you have a spoiler on the back that is weighing it down?  If so, you may need to have the TSB performed to give it some more oomph in the spring.

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1248-collection-of-tsbs-related-to-energi/?p=7079

Yes - I saw this - but mine was built in June - well after the date of the TSB.  Having it looked at next week...

• 4 weeks later...

To the left of the steering wheel there is a square button for the trunk release. Also on the trunk lid, just to the right of the rear view camera, there is a soft touch button to open the trunk.

With all the features of the Energi you don't think Ford would make you use the fob to open the trunk, do you? Hahahaha....

We have trunk LIDS, but no truck space... you get hit on the head as you stare into the abyss and it stares back at you laughing at your two suitcases and the desire to put them in there.  ;-)

How about this? 2 carry-on and 1 full size suitcase

gallery_95_29_2781345.jpg

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm