Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Glad to Have a PHEV!

TheGC1

So two days ago, we had a Ford F150 FX4, a Dodge Durango Citadel, and a Chevy Camaro ZL1. Today, we have a Ford F150 FX4, a Chevy Camaro ZL1, and a Ford Fusion Energi...

So as a household we had 16.9L of engine displacement, 24 cylinders, 1,335HP, and were spending about $500 a month in gas... Enough was enough and my wife made a sacrifice for the space and comfort and traded in her Durango Citadel. She chose to replace it with a Sterling Gray Fusion Energi Titanium. So now we have 13.2L of engine displacement, 20 cylinders, 1,128HP and will be spending much less a month in gas (maybe $350 per month)...

We did quite a bit of research and though the Fusion Energi had a lower hybrid efficiency rating than the Fusion Hybrid due to additional weight, and only had a 21 mile EV range, it seemed to make the most sense for us. Negotiated invoice pricing, eligible for $3,250 in rebates/incentives at purchase, and will be receiving the $3,750 tax credit at tax time -- plus the wife's office is 9 city miles from home. So with that said, the Energi made sense for us over the Hybrid and we bought it.

24hrs into the purchase and we LOVE it. Love the entirety of technology this vehicle has. Love the fit and finish of the cabin. Love the smooth ride and solid handling. Love the fuel economy. A very nice car packed with high end features.

We instantly became addicted to the fuel mileage game and I spent all night excited to drive the morning after, and spent all day at work excited to drive it... We look forward to maximizing our fuel savings and pushing the limits.

Welcome to the boards and congrats on your new car.  Trading in the Durango is quite a change, but you didn't lose all your utility since you still have the F150.  I have an Expedition for my hauling and vacation needs.  As funny as it sounds, your Fusion may turn more heads than your Camaro will. :)

Ford did a real solid job with the instrument cluster, and it can feel like a game trying to save fuel. Once you get your car registered on the My Ford Mobil site it can be even more of a game as you compete with those in your region for top score in braking, gas sipping, and ratio (as well as all around).

Welcome to the boards, there is a ton of information here and if you can't find your question just ask.

Welcome TheGC1...

I see you are in the South Florida area... I don't feel so alone anymore!

Where about in South Florida are you? I'm in the Miami Lakes area.

Interesting that you got the color I wanted in the first place. I placed an order for a fully load Sterling Gray Titanium back in Feburary, but I got tired of waiting a decided to purchase a Tuxedo Black Titanium that was alredy in stock in early April. My signature still has the details of the order!

The license plate in the my Avatar is my actual license plate... in case you see an Energi around town, then you'll know it is me!

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

Welcome TheGC1...

I see you are in the South Florida area... I don't feel so alone anymore!

Where about in South Florida are you? I'm in the Miami Lakes area.

Interesting that you got the color I wanted in the first place. I placed an order for a fully load Sterling Gray Titanium back in Feburary, but I got tired of waiting a decided to purchase a Tuxedo Black Titanium that was alredy in stock in early April. My signature still has the details of the order!

The license plate in the my Avatar is my actual license plate... in case you see an Energi around town, then you'll know it is me!

Regards,

APM

We're in Sunrise. And I did actually try to get that tag ("ENERGI"), but it was obviously taken... LOL. Once we get ours, I'll share it with the Forum.

So you haven't seen many Energis around huh? I haven't, but I've only been aware for a week or so, but now I'm always looking. Love the car.