Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Driving score

dlb92

I find it difficult to get above 89-91 on the driving score even while using cruise control for the majority of the trip and never going above 55mph.

I consistently get 120- 158 MPGe, a breaking score > 97%, and > 24 miles on a charge.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong or is it just impossible to obtain a perfect driving score?

It's blistering hot here and I've found its easier to keep cool at a higher temperature if you close all the AC vents in the car except for the two next to you.

Good, or maxed? ;)

Ah, didn't know that about the cruising.  I had assumed it had to do with consistency, not feathering the gas and the like.

I use the L 'gear' instead of the D.  Just more aggressive regen braking.  You can use it to do one pedal driving; don't need the brake unless you have to come to a complete stop or a quick stop.  Because of that I've been tending to use the friction brakes when stopping unless I'm careful.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've finally figured the driving score out.  Tonight we went to dinner at a place 8.2 miles away and took the surface streets instead of the freeway; maxed out accel/brake/cruise bars in the coach and got a score of 93.  Whoever said before that keeping it 35-40 is the way to maximizing score is correct... even with lots of lights in 100 degree temp. :)

I'm going to take a trip this weekend and I think I'll keep the EV for use in the towns and any time I'm on the freeway, turn EV later on.

ChuckJ