Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Just a rant about Ford service

fconway

I recently was hit lightly from behind while I was parked, which slightly raised the trunk. I saw the problem, but didn't think much of it. Two months later I got the check engine light, which said the HVB cooling system had failed. sure enough, neither of the fans were working. I pulled the trunk apart, and the fix seemed simple. 

I then checked the warrantee, which is 8 years. Mine is a 2017, so i called ford and found out i had one month left on the HVB system, so I took the car into ford service. they identified the problem i had, which was the fans were failed. 

I also asked them to check the battery to ensure i still had the guaranteed 80% life (which I knew I did not have, I only get 14 miles per charge). They determined the fans had failed due to the water infiltration, so it wasn't Ford's problem. They then stated that because the fans had failed, the guarantee was void, and ford was not responsible for the weak battery.

now my battery will charge to 14 miles, but self discharges when i unplug it over the course of 4 or 5 hours. 

Basically i have a battery that was under warrantee, and failed, but Ford used my water infiltration issue to declare it not their problem. 

My lesson learned is I should have just replaced the fans myself, not involving Ford at all, then presented the car for the battery check, which would have revealed the failing battery.

Now I'm on the hook for the $5000 repair.

Sigh.